TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I just got a new Windows 7 computer yesterday and just installed RCT2. I tried to look for the file for RCT2 under the local disk file, but it doesn't exist. I tried to get my mom to help, which was a mistake since she knows absolutely nothing about Windows 7 or RCT2. I tried to get there from My Documents, which also doesn't exist on this computer. I really am clueless. I need some help from someone who actually has Windows 7. I need to look for the file C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/RollerCoasterTycoon2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have win7 on this computer- Chances are you need to look on your computer for where the files are located (i.e. the C:/(x86)/program files)

Start by hitting the 'windows' icon-

then on the right side of the menu, you'll see a block called 'computer'

click on OS (your computer's hard drive

Go to the C:/Program Files (x86)

Then from there to Infogrames Interactive.

Mind you, this is what my win7 did here-

R.D.

I have win7 on this computer- Chances are you need to look on your computer for where the files are located (i.e. the C:/(x86)/program files)

Start by hitting the 'windows' icon-

then on the right side of the menu, you'll see a block called 'computer'

click on OS (your computer's hard drive

Go to the C:/Program Files (x86)

Then from there to Infogrames Interactive.

Mind you, this is what my win7 did here-

R.D.

I found it but now I am trying to copy my Saved Games, Objdata, and Tracks files to that folder. When I click Copy to Folder it gives me a list of places I can copy it to. When I click Computer, no subfolders come up. What do I do?

I found it but now I am trying to copy my Saved Games, Objdata, and Tracks files to that folder. When I click Copy to Folder it gives me a list of places I can copy it to. When I click Computer, no subfolders come up. What do I do?

The easiest way would be to just select all the files you want to copy then right-click and choose copy. Then switch to the target location (C:/Program Files...) and right-click paste. Click the 'continue' button to any User Account Control windows that may pop up.

Alternatively, if you want to use the Copy to Folder window you must click the little arrow on the left hand side beside the word Computer to open it up. The same goes for C drive, Program Files etc.

The best way (And with a HUGE warning here, too) that I can reccommend to transfer your old files into the new location is this...

rt-click 'copy' on all your old folders (Files, Tracks, etc) that are only the stuff YOU added to them AFTER you first installed RCT II. If you click 'move' it will only send things to those icons that Windows allows- thus NOT your intended destination.

Instead, rt click "COPY" on the folder you want to move the contents of: THEN, as I had said before, find the Infogrames interactive file (I gave you those instructions earlier)- and then 'paste' the folder into whichever folder you need.

A -HUGE- warning here: My old computer was running ME- and when I attempted to move folders of CS/CRs I had severe issues with compatibility in the Win7 invironment. To avoid this, make sure you download your CS/CRs again- as moving them from one system to the next will make RCT II unresponsive, and prone to frequent crashes.

R.D.

Games Forum MOD

The best way (And with a HUGE warning here, too) that I can reccommend to transfer your old files into the new location is this...

rt-click 'copy' on all your old folders (Files, Tracks, etc) that are only the stuff YOU added to them AFTER you first installed RCT II. If you click 'move' it will only send things to those icons that Windows allows- thus NOT your intended destination.

Instead, rt click "COPY" on the folder you want to move the contents of: THEN, as I had said before, find the Infogrames interactive file (I gave you those instructions earlier)- and then 'paste' the folder into whichever folder you need.

A -HUGE- warning here: My old computer was running ME- and when I attempted to move folders of CS/CRs I had severe issues with compatibility in the Win7 invironment. To avoid this, make sure you download your CS/CRs again- as moving them from one system to the next will make RCT II unresponsive, and prone to frequent crashes.

R.D.

Games Forum MOD

What if I just open all of my games I downloaded from NE and just import all of the custom content? Will this work?

I tried this recently with my own upgrades... and failed miserably. All of the parks I had brought over (the entire RedLine Park chain, for example) were corrupted- and couldn't be re-installed on my new computer-

I'm trying to work out a solution to this- However, there has been some reported success of going onto your old machine, and clicking 'import all scenery' in the options menu-

Here's a good discussion of it:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143

Although this about file uploading: The hint given by Robb about importing scenery is there- and that might help with the custom-scenery issues; however, I've not had any success with custom rides (so far)

R.D.

Games Forum MOD

I have successfully installed RCT2 on a Mac running Windows 7 Professional with an original 2002 disc.

Not that it helps you, but...