TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Penn State Theme Park Engineering Survey

I did the survey - even though I'm all the way down here in Orlando instead of up at Penn State - with the group - where I should be!

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone for helping us out! In just three days we've gotten 800+ responses from around the web. Unfortunately, we'll be capping the survey off at a thousand responses, so if you want to be heard post soon! We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the survey and for helping us reach our goal much quicker than expected.

Thanks for all of the responses. They are very important to the success of our design project.

^The reason you were not able to find much information about our group is because, quite frankly, there isn't much. Our group was formed last year, but really just started to move forward this semester. Aside from this design project, we are currently experimenting and performing tests with a Coasterdynamix kit, and are soon going to undertake the task of building a working scale wooden roller coaster model. After each of these projects, we will be writing a substantial report that will be available to view on our website (website coming soon). We were also able to schedule a backstage tour of Kennywood that we hope will open our eyes to the world of theme park engineering more. In addition to the Kennywood tour, we hope that our substantial amount of industry contacts will lead to more tour opportunities and our recognition in the industry.

If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. I would like to thank everyone once again for providing his or her valuable feedback to our survey. Without you this design project would not be successful.

Thanks for all of the responses. They are very important to the success of our design project.

^The reason you were not able to find much information about our group is because, quite frankly, there isn't much. Our group was formed last year, but really just started to move forward this semester.

Of course the group decides to move forward when I can't be of any "physical" help...

Dang it, I still have my Penn State acceptance folder (for the 2010 summer LEAP program), kind of makes me regret choosing community college instead Which, due to California's budget problems, is turning 2 years into . . . 4 I've yet to get into the first class of the required 3 semester physics sequence. Sure it saves money, but time is the tradeoff

Anyways, good luck with your club. When people get together and put their minds and efforts into things they are passionate about, stuff happens Just as it is with TPR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

As an update we have begun debriefing the information we gathered from the survey. With TPR's help we were able to get 972 responses, way more than we ever expected. We appreciate your help!

To follow our progress more closely you can visit http://www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/, our new official homepage!

Thanks again! We hope your input and ideas can help us create the best amusement ride we can.