TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Ride at WDW

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tower of Terror. Simply the best ride ever created.

Quoted AGAIN for truth. There's no competition in my mind - those Imagineers really hit gold with that thing!

After ToT on my list is Expedition Everest, hands down. And then probably Splash Mountain - I'd say Space, but I definitely prefer the California version and wish they had given it the same treatment instead of cutting short its extensive rehab last winter!

It is really a close call between Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest. With ToT's current drop sequence, or lack of a drop sequence, I'll give it my vote for the best ride. I'd say Everest is #2, and I'd say it's the best coaster. RnRC isn't so great after the launch and sidewinder (or whatever that thing is called).

Id say Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain are the most complete ride attractions and my favorite rides. As far as ride ratings in general go for every park everywhere I think Everest is a good but slightly below average coaster with incredible theming and story but Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain are both GREAT (probably the best) Drop Tower and Log Flume style rides anywhere also with great theming and stories. So my votes for Best ride is a tie between Splash/Tower.

Best Attraction is a different discussion and is easily won by Illuminations (suck it Wishes)

Sorry to continue with it but the World's Tower of Terror combines incredible theming, insane effects, an intense ride experience, and a plays on people's fears in a way that few other attractions do. The Disneyland version isn't in itself a bad attraction but it only feels like 75% of its Orlando sibling, much like a reverse of the Space Mountain situation in which the DL ride destroys the Orlando attraction. We're lucky that WDW management built it when they did. Otherwise, we would probably have something more akin to the other towers around the globe. As for my top five, that's a bit difficult and would possibly take into account some of the many wonderful extinct attractions that once existed in The World.

Not to sound like a broken record, but...Tower of Terror is number one with a bullet. It's got everything you could ever want in a ride: a great story, an insane amount of detail, and of course that gut-wrenching feeling you get when it drops you. I really love the randomness of it, as it makes the ride just a little bit different every time.

Second for me would be Toy Story Mania, just because it's so insanely fun.

The thing that puts a big smile on my face, from all the ToT love on this thread, is that this all came about because of the work of Rod Serling...a man who hailed from the same section of the country as I, in Binghamton, NY, which is an hour away from my home.

He even had a production company named after Cayuga lake, in my hometown, where he would often vacation.

Yes, the south has multiple music industry celebs, California is full of movie and TV stars...but at least one man in Upstate NY, an often forgotten part of the country, was responsible for one of the best TV shows ever created, and inspired Disney to create one of the best theme park rides ever.

• 2 months later...

My favorite would have to be the Magic Kingdom railroad. at least that's what I call it. Riding it is like a step back in time when steam engines were bountiful. It's also a nice, relaxing ride that anyone can get on.

^ That's a good choice. While I appreciate rides like TT and Mission: Space, I do miss that old spirit that Epcot had, "Boring" as it may have been to some. It was a personification of a time when people were actually optimistic about the future.

This is easy for me; its Mission:Space. Its interactive and one of the most intense rides I've ever been on. I love rides that you really participate in and Mission:Space does that plus has a really cool setting. Probably the best theme park ride I've been on.

^While it's not my favorite ride, I LOVE how Mission Space is just so perfectly designed. Just as it starts getting really powerful it eases up a bit, then just as you're getting a bit bored it starts going again, it just seems like it was engineered perfectly!