TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Ride at WDW

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny no one's mentioned Rock n Roller Coaster. I LOVED it when I rode it way back in 2005, but I'm wondering if the lack of votes means its deteriorated in recent years...

I've always loved Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Spaceship Earth. I've never been on Everest, and while ToT is great, I don't hold it as close to my heart as the three I've mentioned.

Haunted Mansion.

Ditto!

I absolutely love the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, and the Magic Kingdom's version was one of only two rides which, in my humble (and very subjective ) opinion, was superior to rides also found at Disneyland* (Tower being the other one). The setting is just perfect. The MK takes what worked for Disneyland and expands upon it. The minute you enter the Mansion, you are completely immersed in this very creepy and foreboding, yet witty and comical atmosphere. I find it to be the epitome of Disney, even more so than Tower, only because it's more accommodating to everyone in the family. It's done very effectively, and the new Escher-inspired staircase room is too cool.

*For the record, I found all other DL-equivalents (Big Thunder, Space, Winnie, etc.) to be pleasantly different, even the shorter version of Pirates.

I absolutely love the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, and the Magic Kingdom's version was one of only two rides which, in my humble (and very subjective ) opinion, was superior to rides also found at Disneyland* (Tower being the other one).

Interesting. The only ride at MK that I feel is clearly better than its equivalent at DL is Splash Mountain. (The Haunted Mansions are sort of "dynamically equal" in my book.)

(For clarity, yes, Hollywood Studios' Tower of Terror is better than California Adventure's.)

To everyone saying pirates... I'm assuming you haven't ridden the DL one?

No, they are probably just turned off by the inflated egos and better than thou attitudes of Californians that surround them while riding the DL version creating a bad ride experience.

Edited by larrygator

To everyone saying pirates... I'm assuming you haven't ridden the DL one?

No, they are probably just turned off by the inflated egos and better than thou attitudes of Californians that surround them while riding the DL version creating a bad ride experience.

Hahaha... all right, point taken. Pirates jut surprised me is all. I feel like most of WDW's rides either favored equally or better than the DL versions, sure, I had a few pros and cons about preferences, like I prefer Thunder at DL, but there not really a reason, but pirates was one of the few rides where there was NO QUESTION which I liked better. Also I generally think of Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and HM as the "big 3" in terms of Disney dark rides that pretty much all Disney parks share. I liked both HM and Jungle Cruise more than the Disneyland versions, so it seemed weird that pirates seemed to "lack" when the others were superior is all I am saying. Actually, Pirates was HILARIOUS, cause the drop scared the hell pit of me sort of because of where it was... was not expecting it there and was trying to absorb the scenery around me since it was new to me.

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain. Definitely my favorite water ride I've been on (not counting water parks).

Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror. It kicks the crap out of the CA version.

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest. My favorite coaster at WDW.

EPCOT: Test Track. Just an all-around good time.

Tower of Terror for me. On my first trip to the Studios the big rides were Star Tours and the Movie Ride. Off to the side behind some walls Tower of Terror was being built. The vertical construction was about 1/3rd done and there was steel everywhere, all being built in a large pit. There was not much indication about the ride except for a sign that was out of the way with some concept art on it. The sign said the new ride called the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror would be opening in 1994. (I think this was in late 91 or 92 on my visit. The studios were pretty new at the time.)

It was a OMFG moment for me and after the ride opened I made my plans to get out there and ride it. With huge expectations I was not disappointed. All the little touches like the way the light expands up and down leaving the 5th Dimension just blew me away.

I loved the ride and that first year they had some pretty cool merchandise. My Favorite was a shirt that listed all the rides warnings followed by big letters Going Down? (Hard to believe it was Disney but pretty funny. I have it around somewhere.)

The ride gets better and better every time I ride it.

So thats why Tower of Terror is my favorite ride at WDW.