TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Bay Area Weekend - SFDK/CGA

Are you interested in a Bay Area event - Aug 6th & 7th?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a Bay Area event - Aug 6th & 7th?

• Yes

TPR's Bay Area Weekend! Tickets on sale NOW!!!

August 6th - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=144

August 7th - California's Great America: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=145

sfdk_logo.jpg.7b54782d5351abd250f02015dc6a87fd.jpg

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

- ERT on Four Rides!

- ERT on the NEW Sky Screamer!

- 1 Hour of ERT on Medusa!

- And yes there will be FOOD!

- GET EXCITED!!!

Event Ticket Prices

$32 Per Person!

cga_logo.jpg.520e8acf8878bd2e73d9261e1929c068.jpg

California's Great America

- ERT on Two Coasters!

- Backstage Tour!

- Q&A Session!

- More suprises!

- And yes there will be FOOD!

- GET EXCITED!!!

Event Ticket Prices

$25 - Season Pass Holder

$47.99 - Non Season Pass Holder

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested! I think both parks would be awesome! Would lodging be included?

Hitting up both parks in the same weekend is the best way to experience both parks, especially when there's ERT involved!

Depending on which way you go, there are several hotels/motels in between SFDK and CGA. Last year I drove almost all the way to CGA, after the day at SFDK, and stayed at a Motel 6 right off the freeway. It worked out perfectly, I had plenty of time in the morning to take a shower and eat breakfast and I was still the first person waiting in line to get into the parking lot at CGA.

I don't think I honestly would want to go to CGA, but Discovery Kingdom I am completely down for.

The dolphin, seal and shouka ( killer whale) shows were a lot better during fright fest too. They got in the water with the seals and dolphins... in October. <_>

Hopefully this means this new season will feature more of animal and trainer tricks/stunts.

Since I'm a recent bay area transplant and haven't been able to go to a TPR event due to lack of funds and or time, this works perfectly! I'd love to go. I wouldn't need transportation or lodging due to the being a local.

Since I'm a recent bay area transplant and haven't been able to go to a TPR event due to lack of funds and or time, this works perfectly! I'd love to go. I wouldn't need transportation or lodging due to the being a local.

You sound like you're in the same boat as me. My time and funds are limited, maybe becoming less restricting now that I've graduated from college. Living somewhat in the middle of these 2 parks makes this event quite convenient for someone with limited time...all I gotta do is put in for a Saturday off at work and I'm completely free Sundays.

If this TPR weekend falls into fruition, what kind of costs could we be possibly seeing? Would pass holders for either or both parks have an advantage over a non passholder, or would this be a special price for both parks that we'd purchase through TPR?

I wanted to go to Bay Area Bash last year, but unfortunately the dates didn't work out. This year, I have the same problem. However, I told my Northern California relatives about Bay Area Bash and they seemed interested, so if this event happens and has any special activities that are non-coaster related (such as last year's animal shows), I imagine they would probably go.

I've never gotten to one of your events and this looks like it would be a great start, atleast in terms of Discovery Kingdom. As mentioned above, will there be many non-thrill ride type activities as it would be much more enjoyable if my very young boy could come along?