TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Bay Area Weekend - SFDK/CGA

Are you interested in a Bay Area event - Aug 6th & 7th?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a Bay Area event - Aug 6th & 7th?

• Yes

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go!

If you have purchased tickets for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom on Saturday, the schedule is as follows:

9:30am - Event Check in

10:00am - 10:30am - ERT on Roar & Big Spin

2:00pm - Lunch

9:00pm - 10:00pm - Night ERT on Sky Screamer & Medusa

(Schedule Subject to Change)

If you have purchased tickets for Great America on Sunday, the schedule is as follows:

9:00am - Event Check in

9:30am - 10:00am - ERT on Flight Deck

11:30am - Lunch

TBD - Backstage Tour

8:00pm - 8:30pm - Night ERT on Grizzly

(Schedule Subject to Change)

Here is an official schedule for Theme Park Review's event on Sunday.

9:00am Tolls Opens

9:25am Gates Open

9:30am ERT Begins on Flight Deck

10:00am Park Opens

11:30am Picnic begins in County Fair Picnic Grove

12:45pm Presentation begins in County Fair Picnic Grove

2:00pm Backstage Tour leaves from Picnic Pavilion Entrance

8:00pm Park Close

8:15pm ERT Begins on Grizzly

Thanks,

Ryan

One thing I got to wondering today...say that Medusa ERT starts at 9:00pm. The park closes at that time. Wouldn't the GP still probably be in line for Medusa or will they all get the boot (or will Medusa close off early to finish off the leftover riders waiting in line so it's nice and clean when we all raid the coaster)?

One thing I got to wondering today...say that Medusa ERT starts at 9:00pm. The park closes at that time. Wouldn't the GP still probably be in line for Medusa or will they all get the boot (or will Medusa close off early to finish off the leftover riders waiting in line so it's nice and clean when we all raid the coaster)?

When I did this last year, the park was pretty good about making sure the GP were out of the park at 9. There's always the chance that a few people could sneak in, but it was pretty much just TPR. They closed off the entrances to other parts of the park before the official closing time and only let TPR people through to the ERT area.

One question: I know there's no outside food or drink allowed, but can we bring an empty water bottle into SFDK and fill it up at a water fountain inside?

^Not sure, may end up having to use their fluffy bunnies if you have a water bottle on hand...not sure how much they stick to their guns when it comes to their lock'r policy.

I do plan on bringing my trusty souvenir CGA cup for the CGA visit since there's never any issues taking drinks into line and setting it in a cubbyhole during the ride.

With all of this said, time to head off to bed...got a long day tomorrow. See you all at the park!

Thanks to the parks and TPR for a great time at both parks this weekend. I left both parks a little early since each are a couple hours drive (give or take a half hour) and I get up very early in the morning. Despite leaving early, I still got more than my fill of rides on all my favorites. An extra special thanks to CGA today for the nice gift bags! In addition, they were going to be handing out Invertigo coaster wheels to those staying for the night ERT. While I'm not a big coaster part collector myself, that kind gesture of sharing part of the park's history was definitely well received by those in attendance. SFDK once again brought out several animals for us during the time after lunch and the Q&A. Those little touches are really what make these events so enjoyable, beyond the fact that we get to visit our local parks. R&E going to all the trouble to arrange this event for us, and Bob (Gisco) coming all the way up to host it for us, is certainly appreciated. By the way, if anyone other than R&E, Bob, and the parks were involved, then thank you too!

I had an awesome day today at Great America ERT on Flight Deck in the morning then ERT on Grizzly by night! I will be sure to do this event next year if it does happen. Also Halloween Haunt is going to be awesome this year no new mazes but lots more improvements! I will have a P:TR up at a later date that mostly has backstage tour pics but there are a few general park pictures also! I also would like to thank everyone that made this event possible!

PS: If you weren't able to make it or couldn't go this is all I have to say.

rsz_1286495_1845275945608_1651947034_1539539_5129137_o.thumb.jpg.74e40a2b958fd53ed3bad35b7f767850.jpg

^^Dang! That would have been awesome to have one of those. But it's good I didn't go, a family emergency came up literally right when I got to the motel from SFDK and I had to change my Sunday plans around that.

SFDK day was amazing, though! I had a great time, and I'm thoroughly convinced that I need to start saving for this event next year. I need to try the Medusa water challenge again and WIN!! Hopefully it won't be so cold next time...

I was glad that we had the Q&A session (I didn't originally see it on the online schedule) but that was great. I'm excited to see what's going to be announced in the next month for the 2012 season! It did seem like they were alluding to the possibility of a new coaster in replacement of another one, but I wasn't expecting that Pandemonium was the one on the chopping block.

I personally was hoping (and still am) that Boomerang will get demolished and that between the space from Boomerang and the 3D theater they could get a new awesome coaster. Boomerang is super old, breaks down often, doesn't have high rider per hour capacity, and it's pretty much adjacent to the old 3D theater.

I think they should keep Pandemonium for now since it's still new and it maintains the title as one of the few "family" coasters in the park. But I'd only be upset about Pandemonium's removal if they DIDN'T get something much better...

Overall, great trip! I'm glad I decided to go.

The Medusa Water Challange caught me by surprise, more than made up Sky Screamer's down time. Even had a water fight, lol!

yeah...had a blast!! From the Water Challenge on Medusa (thanks for dousing me with two cups of water Gumball lol) to the Yellow Shirt Takeover on Firefall. It was one of the best times I have had at a theme park. This is something I wouldn't mind doing again.

Its a cool wheel its just where to put it. Sorry about your family emergency it would have be nice to have another person at CGA.

Yeah, maybe I can go next year to both days. It looks like I might actually have a job this year so I can save up hopefully!

It seems a little bit early for Pandemonium to be getting removed. But, as long as they don't put in another kiddie section in its place. Then, i'm perfectly satisfied.

During the Q&A they said that in the past the Six Flags top guys would tell each park what they will be getting new with no say from the actual park officials, but now the park officials propose their ideas to Six Flags. The SFDK officials said they really didn't need or want Thomas Town (surprise surprise) and that they have too many kids rides as it is. I'm pretty sure they won't put any more kiddie sections and they may even take out one of the kiddie areas in the near future for something else.

I agree that Pandemonium shouldn't be removed, but I think if they did remove it, they would put another coaster in it's place. The question is... what kind??

What do you all think they should get at SFDK if the plan was for a new coaster for 2012?

I'm thinking Eurfighter right now...

I thought of that to, but I'm too afraid at this point to hope for anything like that. But I seem to remember that most of those are less than 150 feet. Plus, they'd probably take up less space because of the vertical lift hills, and there are none so far on the west coast. It'd be awesome if SFDK became the first.

I'm thinking Eurfighter right now...

I thought of that to, but I'm too afraid at this point to hope for anything like that. But I seem to remember that most of those are less than 150 feet. Plus, they'd probably take up less space because of the vertical lift hills, and there are none so far on the west coast. It'd be awesome if SFDK became the first.

Gertslauer's 320+ Eurofighter Model is only 72" tall: http://www.rcdb.com/9517.htm

It looks like Untamed would be able to fit in Big Spin + Extra Un-used Space Originally for Zonga.