TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deep South Bash 2011 - Six Flags Over Georgia

Are you interested in Deep South Bash at SFOG?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in Deep South Bash at SFOG?

• Yes

Had a little heads up for anyone who was going to be traveling through Louisville on their way to the Bash. The I-64 Sherman Minton bridge in New Albany is closed indefinitely so all traffic is being diverted to I-65 and causing major back ups, at 7am yesterday morning the bridge traffic was 7 miles long at one point. So find an alternate route or give yourself ample time. Can't wait to see you all there!!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Big Mike. Will be good to see you again!!

I briefly was considering driving to Dollywood on Friday since our flight get's in at 6am, but I want to do more than a "credit run" on our first trip there.

While I am not sure if it is open on Friday, but Lake Winnie is only a 2 hour drive north of Atlanta. It is worth a visit if you have never been, plus it does not take a full day to do everything. You really do need a full day at Dollywood, IMO.

Hi everyone I have been reading the site for over two years and finally decided to make my first post and sign up for the DSB and i freaking pumped up!!!!! I live fifteen minutes north of the park and can't wait to do my first TPR trip. Just some info for the questions asked yes, Dollywood is open on Friday 10-6 and is a four hour drive from SFOG and I would be interested in making the trip with any fellow TPR'ers if you want PM me and let me know. Other ideas like the Braves game, Aquarium and Word of Coke are all really fun and good ideas just be sure to leave yourself enough time (at least 3 hours for the Aquarium and 2 1/2 for WOC) because they are both amazing and you don;t want to have to rush through either. AND BTW no one mentioned to ERT on Acrophobia, while it may crush you balls there is nothing like the view of the city as it spins at the top at night. Can't wait to finally partake in the madness, and I'm totally game for a Friday trip elsewhere.

This was a surprise birthday present for Megan and I could not spill the beans until now!

And it is sounding like this will be the greatest birthday present ever! Visiting one of my most anticipated parks in the U.S. (and for my first ever official TPR event at that), meeting lots of new people, Mindbender, Monster Mansion, Goliath, GASM water challenge, Brandy bringing cake...just WOW. Can't wait!!

Can't wait to meet you, Megan! It's my first TPR event, too!

Can't wait for the weekend. Had a great time at the East Coast Bash, and this one seems to be even better.

I am pondering of either going to Carowinds or Dollywood on Sunday but can't seem to make up my mind. Any advice? I have not been to either park.

This is my first TPR event- and after seeing how many cool things are going on, I can say that I'm already overwhelmed- and it's not even here yet:

1.) Brandy and her cake!

2.) A chance to meet the Big man himself (This is -high- on my priority list!)

3.) Mindbender

4.) SFoG's southern style of hospitality

5.) World of Coke

6.) Mindbender

7.) A chance to torment Jake and Bryan

8.) Mindbender

9.) Going someplace where it's 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix

10.) Ummm... did I mention, Mindbender?

Two days till departure- four days till I'm THERE!

^Quite upset I didn't make the list...

OK: 2A)- Meeting Adam... and hopefully seeing the Bar Mitzvah video I've been told about.

Edited by QueerRudie

Want even more awesome Deep South Bash news?

Just heard from Lo-Q that they will offer a 10% discount on Flash Pass for our event attendees! Two stipulations:

1. You MUST show your Deep South Bash lanyard at the Flash Pass office when you rent your Q-Bot to get the discount.

2. You MUST pay with a credit card.

I hope many of you take advantage of this offer, as it could be a busy Saturday!

--Robb

^Great news! I've never used a Lo-Q-flash-pass-Bot (whatever they're called) at a park before and was considering getting one for the day. Really looking forward to this event, thanks for putting it together for everyone Robb and Elissa, you guys rock no matter what the facebook says !

This is my first TPR event- and after seeing how many cool things are going on, I can say that I'm already overwhelmed- and it's not even here yet:

1.) Brandy and her cake!

2.) A chance to meet the Big man himself (This is -high- on my priority list!)

#2 on the list!!!!

Since I met Brandy already and she is ultra awesome, I don't mind being 2nd

I feel honored being high on the priority list!!

I love Valuable Big Mike Readers!!!!!!!

See you Saturday!