• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I don't have one but I have a little question about it

What is myspace excactly?

Is it yust a site where you can make your own page? (like there are many

others on internet)

Or is it linked with a chatprogramme. Actually, why is myspace so good /

why do you use it? (some nifty features?)

If it is better than what i'm using now I will change to myspace

^^ No one really knows the answer. It's good to keep track of friends and be able to post bulletins to them like "Hey, come to my band's show!" or "Meetup at Six Flags this weekend" etc. It's mostly a vanity thing though, people try to "collect" as many friends as possible so they can be an e-celebrity. It's really baffling. But it's addictive.

^ That's one element to it, and I'd assume that's where it gets alot of its drawing power. Although there are plenty of people who are in relationships (like me) who still use it.

At a very basic level, myspace exists as a precursor to what is going to become the central hub for social internet communication. It basically rids the need for email addresses, since you can send messages to your friends through there. It rids the need for outside services like E-Vite, groups, newsletters, etc. Having a birthday party and want to invite your friends? Send the an invitation through myspace.

Myspace is especially really great for bands. I can't tell you the amount of time my little crappy band has saved by just sending out concert flyers through the myspace bulletin feature. Putting out a brand new song? Upload the song to your band's profile, post a bulletin.

I'm assuming Myspace will eventually open up an image hosting portion, where you'll be able to upload party/trip/vacation photos and have it being readily accessible. So, if we want to see your newest pics from your trip to SFMM, just link to your Myspace.

I know this is extremely long-winded, but does it make sense? I'm not discounting the dating, meeting people portion though. "What's your myspace?" is the newest "What's your phone number/email/aim?"

How do u change the colour n stuff??

I have a link at home about changing the colors on the page and stuff, adding videos, etc. I'll post it here when I get home tonight.

Chrissie: you need more friends!

I get the occaisonal creep and horny old man wanting to add me. I usually just let their friend requests sit in limbo. Won't approve, won't deny. I'll just not touch it. It bugs me when someone who I don't know sends a friend request and doesn't bother to email to introduce themselves..like I'll add people just to add them.

If you're 21+:

http://www.myspace.com/allisony2k

To put a video on there you go on Google and look up Music Video Codes. You take the code of the video you want and paste it where you want it on there. The everytime someone goes there it will play.

To change the color and stuff you have to use an editor. The link to the one i used is www.pimpwebpage.com . There are other ones you can find as well. You change everytihng on the website and then click give me my pimp code and you paste it anywhere on your myspace and it will change everything.