TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb, Elissa & KT - Santa Clarita Food Truck Festival!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, was I surprised to see this on the front page! Thanks, Elissa!

Hey, we all love food and it is the offseason so this totally qualifies as front page material!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it was a really fun event and I hope to cover more in the future.

Thanks for posting this photo TR!

For any Los Angeles residents that are not aware, once a month you can find all of the food trucks in one place at the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk. There are at least 100 different food trucks there and its a crazy weird BUSY environment. It happens once a month on the 2nd Thursday of the month. Here is a link: http://www.downtownartwalk.com/

This TR made me as hungry as everybody else here so I thought I might share a way to try it (in an entirely different environment) in the near future!

I have one of these food truck food courts like five minutes from my house,it's every Friday night in a Toyota dealer's parking lot,I've yet to go but I know they don't charge admission.I've heard if you don't get there like at 6-7pm the lines get like an hour plus for most trucks,hence the reason why I've yet to go.Also the Japanese Peruvian combo food truck isn't all that strange,Peru supposedly is full of Japanese,my brother is actually dating a Japanese girl born in Peru.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tamiami-Truckers-Food-Court/198928616785051?sk=photos

Awesome TR! Stacey and I loved watching "The Great Food Truck Race" - I really hope they do another one! Bummer the nom-nom folks weren't the one from the show. We have a severe death of food trucks in Orlando... Last great food truck we hit was in NYC - www.biggayicecreamtruck.com/. I had "The Salty Pimp" and it was awesome..

1525432450_icecream.jpg.bac9dd66c53c1702a4b0a2baa06ac300.jpg

Big Gay Ice Cream Truck for the win.

Awesome TR! Stacey and I loved watching "The Great Food Truck Race" - I really hope they do another one! Bummer the nom-nom folks weren't the one from the show. We have a severe death of food trucks in Orlando... Last great food truck we hit was in NYC - www.biggayicecreamtruck.com/. I had "The Salty Pimp" and it was awesome..

They could make a Leslie Hall style amount of money at a TPR event

Thanks for sharing, this type of festival is pretty awesome. So many food trucks... *drools*

I live in an area with a large Hispanic population, so at least in my area, there are tons of Mexican food trucks at any given time. I just can't really visit them at night as they happen to generally be in pretty bad parts of town.

I just got home from being out all day, and had to check to see if you PTR was up! Thanks for posting this, it looks like it was amazing fun, and if/when they have this again, I'm totally flying out to check this out. Looks like there was a lot of cool stuff, and I'd really like to try a tapas truck!

dt

Hehe...loved the no tomatoes truck!

I'm with Robb - hate tomatoes!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Elissa...I love stuff like this! I will have to do a trip report of the Taste of Buffalo next summer. It's similar, but they are all the local restaurants & wineries sharing small portions of their popular menu items. You buy tickets and then each sample costs from one to five tickets.

They claim it's one of the largest food festivals in the country, so it can be very difficult to distinguish which foods to try!

2008677294_Knoebels_2010023.jpg.08152f7e0f342bfbc5c422032c44630b.jpg

Taste of Buffalo - 2010.

Awesome TR. The local laws were recently changed here to allow food trucks. They weren't allowed before and a lot of established restaurants don't like them because it allows up-and-coming chefs to compete with little start up money.

We have a few food trucks now. Nothing great, but I am glad that we have that option finally.

I've been wanting to go out to Austin to check out their food trucks. They reportedly have a really nice array of them.

What about that legendary Korean food truck that you see on TV? Was it there?

Eric

No it wasn't. I'd say there were two or three of the 'big' trucks missing: Kogi Truck, Grilled Cheese Truck, Grill em All and Dim Sum Truck were not at the event. Dim Sum was supposed to be, but when it was rescheduled they couldn't make it.

So I had a winterguard competition in Covina on Saturday, and when I arrived it was a food truck festival instead of concession stand as a fundraiser for the host school. Grilled Cheese Truck was there, so thus the absence of it up in the SCV. I found two new ones that I enjoyed. Phamish which had Banh Mi, fresh spring rolls, and Pho. And Slammin Sliders which had awesome kobe sliders.

Glad you enjoyed the festival! It's good that they are doing these events out in the burbs so more people get to experience this "food revolution"

Glad you guys had fun! It looks like they made some good changes after the OC one we went to. When we went there was just VIP or GA and during the VIP not all the trucks were even open. I think the weather definitely worked in your favor and I think that it was probably a good thing that some of the mega-popular trucks cancelled so maybe less people came. It also seem like there was more variation at this one. I felt like every truck at the OC fest was some sort of Mexican-fusion.

We also thought of doing the group-attack method right at the beginning if we went again!

Thanks for posting!

I'm glad these food truck festivals are becoming more common. I love the food trucks, but absolutely despise having to follow them on twitter just to find them (and then seeing a huge line at the spot they are going to be at).

I'm glad these food truck festivals are becoming more common. I love the food trucks, but absolutely despise having to follow them on twitter just to find them (and then seeing a huge line at the spot they are going to be at).

On his Facebook, Robb pointed out the sight www.roaminghunger.com It consolidates all the tweets in one page to make it pretty easy to find where all the different trucks are going to be.

^I'm aware of that site. I still think the process is dumb, even if it isn't totally the trucks fault (In many cities, there are laws that dictate how long they can stay w/o getting ticketed). Which is why I will only go to the trucks that stop by my house (guitar center & Ralphs on ventura blvd. are regular stops for some trucks) and visit the festivals.