TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "I just did this in a Theme Park" Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode Dive to Atlantis at Mt. Olympus.

I'm still bitter and soaked.

I waited in line for 2 hours and rode Dive to Atlantis at Mt. Olympus.

I rode Dive to Atlantis for 2 hours at Mt. Olympus.

While at the bitter end of a day I rode Volcano at KD about 6 times in a row. I got off and ran around each time to an empty station while other people stayed on. So after feeling stupid on my last ride I was going to wait one train for the front row and my dad started screaming at me to not get in the front row. He apparently thought they wouldn't let me ride. So I ran around through the exit to station about 5 times totally unnecessarily.

I have started to scream random things when on rides sometimes. Things that I might have heard or have no meaning at all whether I'm with friends or alone or are with other people on a ride who look at me strangely.

Also - HHN and a large group of us Chanting random things like "shark, shark, shark, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE" on Jaws.

D.

People that were not there will never understand how amazing this was. Especially for me, because for one very brief moment, people bought into my insanity. Still wish there was video of this.

dt

I rode El Toro about six times in a row (there was no wait) one night. Finally, I figured I better quit so I could go to the bathroom.

On the way to the bathroom, I stopped and bought an El Toro shirt that was like $10 on sale. By that time, my back teeth were floating so I was practically running to get to the bathroom. Well, I didn't quite make it and started to lightly drizzle in my pants as I was unzipping.

Me and 3 friends were waiting in line for Chaos at EG. When it was our turn, 2 kids got freaked out and left the line, then they just sat at the exit and watched their friends go. When we got off we ranted and raved about how good it was and how much fun it was and how we think everybody should ride it. The kids then looked kind of sad

^Pretty sure that's against the rules

I also forgot these last two...

- I waited for 2 hours, IN THE RAIN, on Opening Day for Maverick at Cedar Point...COMPLETELY worth it!

- I rode Viper 3 times in a day back in 2004. I regret it deeply, but it makes my back feel better knowing:

1. It was torn down.

2. It's bad reputation allows for ghost-like tales of how bad it was.

During Busch Gardens Adventure Camp, everybody sang the Pokemon theme song while going up the chain lift of Kraken, and yelled "FOR NARNIA" on the first drop!

We also got to ride Sheikra before the park opened twice in a row without getting off.

...but I just had to delete a bunch of posts where people were bragging about breaking park rules. That will not be tolerated!

I did not mean for that to happen in this thread.

Just remembered a few more....

Riding Oblivion in a Hail Storm......hailstorms in the face at speed is not fun!!!!

When in Orlando in 1999, spent a day on my own at MGM riding Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror, just going backwards and forwards between the two and getting Fastpass tickets on Rock n Roller, managed 28 rides on Rock n Roller and about 14 on Tower of Terror, great fun!

To add to the last one, got slapped on Tower of Terror by some woman who was freaking out about the drop, she asked me if I could tell her when we were going to drop......................Ooops, I forgot

• 2 weeks later...

Got on Space Mountain a bunch of times again. It was -almost- like ERT!

I did random stuff during the ride that gave me weird looks from the other guests afterward, such as "lip trills in spaaaace", "today's forecast is a 100% chance of hip pain", and once again yelling to a rocket on the other lift.

I'm pretty sure if I ever went on a TPR trip, I'd be in good company.

Edited by A.J.

I got stuck on the Sea Dragon at Worlds of Fun for over an hour many years ago. They lost power to the ride when it reached it's peak swing and we were stuck there swinging. At about 30 minutes in people started throwing up over the sides. It was horrible to say the least. If it would have been in the last few years I know many people would have sued the park. I used to love rides that would spin etc., but after that I can't go on many anymore without getting sick. It's amazing how your body will revolt against you for abusing it.

I also rode Evil Knieval once as it started to hail. That crap hurt.

Okay, here's what my friend and I did while we stood in line to ride El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventrue (it was the year it opened and they only ran one train). Everytime the train would leave the station, we would yell out "Ole`!" We were trying to get everybody waiting in line to yell out "Ole'!" and a few more people joined in. I was hoping that we would have started a trend that would have lasted for the next hundred years, but it didn't even last two hours (that's how long we waited to get on. After we got off and the next train departed, no one shouted "Ole'!" anymore).

"I've never been to a park before, but I did dream that the person who is typing this would stop and lay his head upon me and would stay there!"

Volunteered for an early morning video shoot on Perilous Plunge at KBF. How was I supposed to know it was going to be 55 and foggy?

We literally couldn't leave the boat for 5 circuits, with like a 15 minute break in between each for donuts and warmth.