TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "I just did this in a Theme Park" Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Universal Studios Florida, MIB and the Mummy Ride have SRQ's,and because hardly anyone uses them,I decided to see how many rides I could ride them in 2hrs(1hr on each) I think in the end,I managed about 6 rides on MIB, but about 8 rides on the Mummy(so nearly 15 rides in 2hrs)

At Thorpe once, I constantly rode Stealth for about 2hrs solid, mostly using SRQ, think I managed about 20 rides, the staff thought I was mad, and eventually told me "We do have other rides here you know" lol

Some of the most "WTF I just did this?" moments was riding CGA's log flume in the pouring rain, as well as riding Invertigo on an end seat (Felt like someone took the hose at full blast in my face when travelling forward).

Others in the past included waiting 2 hours for the rapids at SFMM for a light drenching...and chose to wear denim shorts that day, worst mistake ever. Also did SFDK's VooDoo 6 times back to back when it flipped 6 times per cycle...my stomach hated me after that, thankfully, the park was then closed after my last ride. Also I waited probably a good 2-hour wait for SFDK's Medusa. The entire lower level of the station was using every switchback, plus the long stretch of line just before entering the station building.

And stupid/annoying things I/we did (this was during the teen age years mind you) were pointing out at imaginary things saying "Hey, look at that! See, it's right there!" We would get the rest of our party to agree with an "Oh yea, I see it!" After a minute of doing so, other people waiting in line began to try finding what we were 'looking at.'

Well, I rode Coney Island Cyclone once in the back with my dad (the cars are so small we were pressed together). It hurt, to say the least. Then, I rode again in back with him to see if it was better. Finally, I decided to try it again, in a different row, but guess what happened: I was assigned the back seat. So I rode it, and it was actually much better during the first half of the ride, but on one of the final hills, I was holding onto the bar, and I was wrenched out of my seat in such a way that it felt like my spine had been ripped out of my back. I was thinking of reriding and choosing another seat, but I was in so much pain that I just limped out of the car and out the exit.

My back hurt for two weeks after that.

My friends and I saw someone that looked just like Bobby Lee from Madtv at Cedar Point two years ago. So as the day went on, we literally ran around the park yelling "BOBBY, get back here" and stuff of that sort. People kept looking at us but we didn't care. It was actually quite fun!

• 2 months later...

I rode Silver Star 11 times in a row and I rode blue fire Megacoaster seven times in a row on opening day this year. There was literally no queue for anything, a complete walk on the whole day... Managed to ride every single one of the ten roller coasters at the park on top of these...

Me and a friend were at the animation academy at DCA in the sorcerers workshop. I chose to see which Villain I would be and I got Hades. He wanted to see what hero he would be and he got Herculese. We then had a fake epic battle, kinda like the ending of dinner for smucks where he threw air punches and occasionally lightning bolts for some reason and I kept yelling "TITANS ATTACK!" we got weird looks, but oh so fun. Also once I got buzz lightyear on the same thing to see which hero I would be. When the result came in I extended my arms and yelled "to infinity and beyond" and ran out with my friend bellowing "BUZZ... YOU'RE FLYING!"

My sister and I love going in the kids' areas of parks and screaming at the TOP OF OUR LUNGS. You get the best reactions ever! i.e: My sister and I went on Barnstormer at WDW last summer and screamed (I can do an impressively loud and accurate 5 year old girl scream ) and the little 8 year olds in the front row turned around and gave us a stare for 6-7 seconds just staring at us like as if they were saying "are you even human?" it was the highlight of the trip, up there with riding Expedition Everest (my fav at WDW) 12 times in one day, even with a 70 min. Stand by!! Thank you Single Rider!

I have two.

I rode Tatsu 9 times in a row when it was raining during WCB. It was freezing cold outside and I felt sick to my stomach. But I'll never forget it!

Also just recently, on Grizzly at CGA, my friends and I yelled "OSAMA's DEAD"!! and the whole train started clapping and screaming!

Me and my friend was being stock at Kings Island by these two annoying girls. So we like hidden in the bathroom then went on Drop Zone. The day though was fun.

I had to read this three times before I figured out what it was you were talking about! I think it is time that you reread the TOS that you agreed to before signing up to the forums especially rule #9.

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

Please be sure to follow these rules before posting again.

Thanks.

-Eric (TPR Moderator)

Hmm.. My friend took a shower in the Sierra Mist mister area...

I've rode a dark ride with a car full of women, by making my friend go in the train with the makeout couple! classic... same happened on a musik express same day..

Then of course... Who can forget those haunts the parks have? Always great to abandon somebody and hide behind something and see their reaction!

Also, my friend took a flag on a ride, sat in the back, and by the end of the ride it was in the front seat and the whole train cheered when it got there! I'm not sure if you're allowed those on rides... haha probably not..

And though not me.. My friend's dad apparently had 9 people in a log for a flume.. Not sure how that even worked!

^I did something very similar, when I pretended to be asleep on the ride, with my head resting on the side of the seat. Due to the high speeds, though, it turned out to be a fail, as my hair and hoodie were blowing all over the place.

Also on Goliath, but on a different visit, I rode the ride four times in a row, without even leaving the station! Since there was no one waiting in my row, for four rides. I was beginning to experience grey-outs in the helix by the third ride. However, this did not stop me!

Last September 11th my friend and I went to Elitch Gardens. We were in line for the Tower of Doom and she said rather loudly "Wouldn't it be ironic if the Tower of Doom caught fire?"(It's painted with fire at the base) and she got a bunch of strange looks and comments insinuating that she was a terrorist. Then we took a picture with her terrorist face:

rsz_dscn1254.jpg.94db71101282f06327848b9c42034208.jpg

So a huge group of Valleyfair fans and I from ValleyfairZone were on the first public train of Valleyfair's newest kiddie coaster, Cosmic Coaster. We managed to fit about 12 full sized teenagers and a couple of kids in. The train left the platform, making it halfway up the lift before the extreme weight became too much and the train rolled back into the station. Half of us got out, but the ride would jot start back up again.

So basically we broke the coaster on it's very first ride, delaying it's opening for about 5 hours