TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knott's, Disneyland, and CA Adventure in one day?

shivtim

I'm travelling to San Diego from March 9-14th, 2011, flying in and out of LA (with rental car), and I'll have just one day to visit parks (Thursday, March 10th).

Is it possible to do Knott's, Disneyland, and California Adventure in one day?

I went to Knott's in early 2002, so I'd just be interested in getting the 4 new credits (Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, Pony Express) and then leaving the park, which I imagine wouldn't take long. Knott's is open 10AM to 6PM.

I've never been to Disneyland or California Adventure. Disneyland opens at 9AM and closes at 8PM, and CAAdv opens at 10AM and closes at 8PM. I'm mostly interested in the coasters, but I'd probably also want to hit a few of the non-coaster rides (Tower of Terror) and maybe see the World of Color fountain show if there is time.

Any thoughts on this plan? Is it feasible? Any "can't miss" non-coaster attractions at the Disney parks? Is it worth the $100 for a one-day park hopper pass?

I'm thinking of starting at Knott's and quickly hitting the coasters, then going directly to Disneyland and finishing the day at CAAdv. I'm thinking of staying at the Knott's Hotel.

Thanks for any input!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your target goal is the coasters, then yes, you should be able to do it. Your plan is sound. I'd go to Knott's for opening and as long as all the coasters open with the park, you should be done in about an hour, 90 minutes tops. Then head over to Disney and fastpass your way as much as you can around the two parks.

Chances are good you'll be able to sneak in a few other rides here and there...

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks for the advice! I'll plan on following that itinerary. Hopefully the spring break crowds won't be in full effect yet.

I'm sure I'll have fun but I'm not planning on having to rearrange my top ten, since Xcelerator is the only one ranked somewhat high (#38) on Mitch's poll, and California Screamin' is the only other one ranked in the top 100 (#78).

• 2 weeks later...

This plan worked out really well.

Knott's opened early, maybe because it turned out to be "physics day." So the park was packed right away with obnoxious teenagers, but they were mostly not riding yet. We got a quick spin on Silver Bullet and then Seirra Sidewinder, then had to wait for about 15 minutes until Xcelerator opened. We got the front row of the second train of the day, then hopped over to Pony Express which had a one train wait. By the time we left at about 10:40, Silver Bullet had a line snaking out of the station with only one train running. A part of the park (including Montezuma's Revenge and Jaguar) wasn't opening until 11, but luckily I already had those credits.

We drove to Disney, bought our tickets, and headed in to DCA. Mullholland (Goofy's Sky School) was still closed, but we got a ride on California Screamin' with only about a 10 minute wait. Quick ride on Soarin' over California (15 minute wait; the longest of the day), then off to Disneyland. There were essentially no lines... for most attractions just walking through the queues was the only wait. I got on all of the coasters (including both sides of Matterhorn), Indiana Jones, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Haunted Mansion, Innoventions, and Buzz Lightyear.

We then stopped by DCA again to hit TOT, Monsters Inc, and Muppetvision 3-D. Finished everything by 6:30PM and met a friend for dinner at Shabu Shabu.