TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Suprising Soakings

I have two that both happened at WDW.

The first was on Splash Mountain. I had ridden it once earlier that day and had barely gotten wet. I then rode it again right before the park closed and barely got wet. After the fireworks, they were having extra magic hours so I decided to ride it one more time since there was no line. After the major drop, I was dry, but then I was hit from the water canon after the turn and I was absolutely drenched.

The next day we were at the AK. For a half hour we saw people coming off of Kali River Rapids and they were barely wet. We got in line and rode. At the top of the first hill, the geyser shooting straight up completely soaked us. There was not one dry spot on our clothes. We could not figure out how people were getting off of that ride so dry. It was amazing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGA's log ride has a mind of its own all the time. While most of the time, we'll get a light sprinkle after the final drop, there are moments where we'll get a nice soaking...and most of it comes from either the small pre drops, or after the final splashdown, where the water's just randomly sloshing around and getting us. Sometimes, the final splash will dump a good amount of water on our laps, mainly whoever's sitting at the front of the log. And all of these times we are riding it, there are only 2 of us in the boat.

I went on it twice in a row without getting off, also I was the only one in the log. Twas fun and WET. The ride is oddly relaxing and terrifying while your the only one riding it too.

At IOA, Jurassic Park River Adventure doesn't usually get you wet, but depending on where you sit it can be disastrous. Once I saw in the front right corner of the boat and after the final drop, all the water came into the boat right where I was sitting. At least is was hot out and my clothes dried pretty fast.

And I was hoping to get soaked on the rapids at Alabama Adventure, and we all ended up completely dry!

That was the most depressing rapids ride ever. We got hit by more water in the flooded queue then on the ride. And since it was deathly hot and humid out, we wanted to get wet!

I got surprised by the log flume at Valleyfair a few years back. It was a pretty gloomy rainy day, so there was no line for the flume. I jumped on it due to no line, figuring that you don't get that wet on flumes. I didn't realize though that there was a waterfall after coming out of the tunnel. Totally drenched me.

I got surprised by Tidal Force at Hersheypark. I mean I knew it was going to be wet but holy crap, I didn't expect to get that wet.

My friend also got a surprise from the log flume at KD. I tricked him saying that you get less wet if you sit in the back. I didn't get so much as a drop he he was soaked. He was mad at me for the rest of the day.

Probably one of the most surprising to me was the old Raging Thunder flume at Americana/LeSourdesville. IIRC the ride had little dips on the course that made the water go over the front of the log and into the boat but I do remember coming off that ride quite wet.

Geauga's Shipwreck Falls was another if you were standing on the midway in front of the ride watching it. If the boat had the right weight the wave would be big enough to go over the deck and onto the midway. While not a complete soaking you sometimes did get hit with a slightly above normal sprinkle.

Storm Force 10 at Drayton Manor - I was sat at the back of the boat, thinking that the splash would only get the first few rows. Of course, I did remember about the backwards drop Its the wettest I've ever been on a ride. It was like standing under one of those splash bucket things - I really couldve gone swimming straight afterwards and not got any wetter. Took about 7 hours for my TPR hoodie to dry out after that Great ride though

Splash Battle at Legoland California...

It's one of those boats rides with mounted water cannons that usually gets you a little wet but nothing major...

Unless you happened to be going by a giant water cannon hidden under the surface that erupts right as your boat passes...

There are two of those cannons....both went off when our boat passed them...I was wet for the rest of the day...at 11:00 in the morning...

As some have already said, the Log Chute at Nickelodeon Universe and Logger's Run at Six Flags Great America really don't seem like that much, and I've had rides on both where I didn't have a drop on me, but every once in a while those things soak you to the bone.

Another one that surprised me was Diamondback at Kings Island. I had heard rumors of people getting wet if they sat in one of the rear seats and stuck their arms out for the splash, so had to try it myself. I came back to the station soaked on that whole side of my body.

I went on Valhalla for the first time yesterday and in February the coldness really does take your breath away.

Went on it three times, never been that wet on a ride before but it is one of the best rides of any type I have ever been on.

The topple tower at Dollywood, I got absolutely nailed - I was the only one, ha-ha sucker. Riptide at Knott's, a complete lower body drenching, and I thought those water jets were for show.

Now if we were using Dan's level of unacceptable wetness as a unit of measure then here is my hall of shame - the one's that scored a 1,000,000 plus units of unacceptable wetness, the one's were I was still shaking water out of my ears on the plane home, like I knew I'd get wet but not come out like I'd taken a twenty minute shower in my clothes:

Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges at IOA, I felt like I been water boarded at camp x-ray for a month afterwards - I really wanted punch out Bluto. It's really an upcharge because everyone tries the $5 dryer at least onece to find out it doesn't dry you at all.

The Rapids Ride at SFOG, this was excellent for what it was, more like a river the channels were so wide, but I think there must be a Facebook group dedicated to shooting me on this ride, I got nailed mutilple times by every water cannon.

Roller Soaker at Hershey, again I knew I'd get wet but s***, do I look like Aquaman or something? I only rode it once but this was a credit I truly suffered for.

Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges at IOA, I felt like I been water boarded at camp x-ray for a month afterwards - I really wanted punch out Bluto. It's really an upcharge because everyone tries the $5 dryer at least onece to find out it doesn't dry you at all.

Ick. That does not sound pleasant. And I like water rides.

^ Yeah, Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges is a very high quality water ride, but at the same time it's a water torture device. I highly recommend wearing a poncho if you don't want to drown.

I guess I should add and agree with everyone that the mini-drop on JTA in SWO is one of the most evil devices I've seen on a water ride. Getting hit with all 8 of the water cannons does not equal how wet you get if you sit in the front row and the water level is up a bit.