TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Suprising Soakings

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The Jaws one is very true. It does however depend on where you sit as you say.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland Paris. I only mention Paris as I think this is the only one I got wet on. I know it's a wet ride but I have only ever gotten wet once on it and I wasn't in the very front!

2. Shrek 4D. Okay, I was young I didn't understand 4D.

3. Journey To Atlantis in Seaworld Orlando. Yes, I knew I would get soaked, but not on that mini drop after the big one. It assures that you get mucho wetto!

4. Cinemagique at the studios in Paris. It rains. Simple.

The Log Flume at NU in the MOA. Yes, I knew I would get wet but I thought I would get wet from the drops! That was not the case. Right before you re-enter the mountain for the first drop, there is a little wave in a straightaway, my log hit it and sent a wall of water right over the top and into my lap. Got me more wet than any of the drops!

^^Agreed, no one should be surprised about the wetness on Valhalla, unless you live in a cave and are blind on top of that. Besides the reputation proceeding it, 90% of the people riding are wearing plastic bags, rain jackets and everyone coming off the ride is drenched. If you can't see that, you must have severely impaired vision.

Although it wasn't a "soaking" Captain Balas at Isla Magica allows riders to trigger stunts that spray water on your competitors.

Edited by larrygator

Splash Mountain at WDW. I know you usually get wet from the water cannon and the main drop but nothing too bad. Last month the cannon wasn't a problem but the main drop was soaking and more than any other log flume I have ever been on. 6 hours later my clothes were still not dry. In all my years of riding Splash Mountain that never happened before. Next time I am making sure not to get the front row.

I'd say the most surprising soaking I got was on the Log Chute at Mall of America. I had ridden it several times before, all without a drop on me, but when you put 4 full grown males in at the same time, it rides surprisingly low and gets you quite wet.

Twister at USF. Every time I go I forget about the god damn hose they aim at your back.

So are you going to ride again? Anyway, I have never been surprised on a ride. Every "soaking" I have received on one(and there have been quite a few) was expected.

Edited by ajc47

One time on Jurassic Park, okay I know it's a splash boat and they are designed to get you as wet as possible from one blow, but here's the thing...

There were a couple operational problems that popped up while we were on it, so there was a long line of boats backed up through most of the ride. Finally they get the ride back up and running and we continue on our way. My family and myself were sitting about row 5, so near the back of the boat. We got to the drop, every single person on the boat ended up drenched including the people in the very back.

When getting off we see both the boat that was in front of us and the boat that was behind us hardly got wet at all. Later came to discover that thanks to the downtime, the water level was able to build up a bit more at the bottom of the drop and the boat before us had a fairly light load with having only about 4 or 5 adults in it. Therefore, our fat butts caused ALL the additional built up water to own us, and saving the boat behind us from the wetness... fun.

CGA's log ride has a mind of its own all the time. While most of the time, we'll get a light sprinkle after the final drop, there are moments where we'll get a nice soaking...and most of it comes from either the small pre drops, or after the final splashdown, where the water's just randomly sloshing around and getting us. Sometimes, the final splash will dump a good amount of water on our laps, mainly whoever's sitting at the front of the log. And all of these times we are riding it, there are only 2 of us in the boat.

The Time Voyagers 4D show at Thorpe Park during the UK, only before the show rather than during. Comedy gold, the supervisor watches us, spurts us a couple of times with the backseat sprays, then turns the ridiculously powerful sprinklers on when we scream 'NO!', as he grins evilly from the control booth.

Alternatively, Dudley Do-Right - I expected, and didn't get, a thorough drenching from the main drop - what took me by surprise was the soaking from the audience-operated water cannons when we were stacked before getting to unload. Clearly I naively thought people would be more conscientous in November, even though it wasn't exactly 'cold'. Wettest mistake I ever made.

I've had a number of them, but the worst was when I rode Escape From Pompeii. I knew that it was a water ride and that I would get wet, but I still chose to sit in the front row. What I didn't know is what would happen at the top of the lift. When the boat slid back into the water, the front seemed to sink below the surface briefly, and enough water came in to completely submerge my shoes. I spent the rest of that day (and part of the next day at Kings Dominion) with wet shoes.

I've also managed the reverse on occasion (I once rode Perilous Plunge at Knott's and got off completely dry).

Alternatively, Dudley Do-Right - I expected, and didn't get, a thorough drenching from the main drop - what took me by surprise was the soaking from the audience-operated water cannons when we were stacked before getting to unload. Clearly I naively thought people would be more conscientous in November, even though it wasn't exactly 'cold'. Wettest mistake I ever made.

At Great Adventure last season on opening weekend it was in the 30's on Saturday and low 40's on Sunday. The Log Flume was open, and they had the water cannons turned on. I went on the ride since you rarely get that wet and thankfully no one was using the cannons when I was on the ride but I saw others get soaked, especially one that is like a shower head that the boat goes directly under (it is connected to a bridge).

Already mentioned, but the first mini drop on Journey to Atlantis at Sea World Orlando. I thought I might get wet from the big drop, but was absolutely soaked from a little dip that almost capsized the boat!

Buccaneer Battle at SFGAM. Yes it's a water ride, yes I expected to get wet. I did not expect a family of assholes to man all of the water guns and soak me and my then five year old daughter while they cackled laughing. We were on the other side of the boat, and could not shoot back, we had just wanted to shoot targets, and it was barely seventy out. I told the father I was going to :edited: mete out justice after the ride (a low moment, but I was so mad!!) , and he took off before I could get off the boat. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a theme park.

The biggest soaking I've gotten is on the portable log flume that is brought in to Taste of Chicago. It doesn't look like much, but you can even be soaked walking up to the station if you are happen to be walking by when a boat goes down the drop. The only ride that came close was Splashwater Falls at Six Flags Great America.

I usually don't get too wet when I ride water rides, being in splash areas is a different story, so no other rides stand out in my memory like Splashwater Falls or the flume at The Taste. Even Pilgrims Plunge didn't get me that wet(I was in the third row I believe), but everyone in the rows in front of or behind me were soaked.

Here's a good one...how about getting completely drenched on an Intamin Drop Tower! Ok, ok, it was raining quite heavy that day, we did get pretty wet riding it though.

I did have one on Flight Deck also (It was raining that day, but currently the rain had let up). The moment we start up the lift, all of the water that had collected in one of the train's covers drained out of a small hole and onto my lap! Not cool! Fun ride though, just had this huge wet spot on my leg that made me look like I peed myself!