TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite theme park memory of the 2010 year

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 was quite an amazing year! I made tons of visits to Holiday World, it became my second home pretty much. Holiwood Nights was probably one of the greatest days of my life! Going on spring break to Kd, Carowinds, SFOG, and Dollywood was very memorable too! Going to CP for two un-busy days in a row was crazy too. Randomly driving to WoF and getting all the credits in a few hours was probably my favorite memory, wow I miss that place... My first trip to SFStL was epic, mocking for American Thunder all day made for countless re-rides! I can't forget Indiana Beach and Michigan's Adventute! I miss 2010 but I'm so excited for 2011!

-Riding both Intimidators on their opening day

-Standing in line for The Voyage I start humming "Yea Alabama!" which is the fight song of the University of Alabama and couldn't figue out why at first. Then I realized they were playing it over the park PA system. Always a great song to hear!

-Universal Orlando on New Years Eve

-Riding Millenium force during mayfly night

-First rides on El Toro, Dragster, Maverick and many others that now find themselves in my top 10

-Taking my first theme park related road trip without any parental supervision with my best friend

-riding Talon all day

just to name a few!

-My first ever trip to Cedar Point

-Riding Top Thrill Dragster in the first row on my first ever ride on it and being blown away by it

-Riding Maverick at night for the very first time and being one of the last riders on

-Going to Halloween Haunt for my first ever time at CGA and riding all the coasters in the dark (as well as Vortex in the rain=) )

-Going to Knott's Berry Farm for the first ever time (and getting ejector air on every ride on Xcelerator)

Here is a short list:

-WCB 2010

-IntimidaTour 2010

-First visits to Carowinds, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Kings Dominion

-Discovering that California's coasters are not among the best out there as I previously believed

-Getting on every major attraction at both Disneyland Resort Parks in one day on a holiday weekend

As per the title, my single favorite theme park memory was my back to back day's at ValleyScare's Halloween Haunt. Went on the first real weekend of the season, Saturday and Sunday. I was able to get out to the park for a Saturday where all the mazes were fully stocked and most of the rides were open, as well as Sunday without any lines whatsoever. Just a couple of great days with some awesome rides and people watching opportunities. Kind of a down year, but next year is looking on the up and up!

Hmmm, I guess taking my first trip to Worlds of Fun was pretty memorable. It was the hottest day of the year in Kansas City, I saw a Deer in the middle of the park (not "in" the park, but like, inside one of the creek/garden area things) I saw a frog swimming in the rapids ride, I got sprayed with a hose while on Mamba, and I got to ride Prowler in the front seat two times in a row (its now my all time fave)

The Middle America Tour!! A blast from the beginning to end.

Coaster Stock - getting to ride with Pufferfish and Skycoastin Steve on night ERT on Intimidator was a blast!

Easter at SFoG - the godless heathen tour is always epic!

HHNXX...had a blast with Scott, James, Jay, Mike and Michael!

One of the best was sitting under the umbrellas on Cedar Point's midway during a large thunderstorm. (I know, wasn't the smartest idea) But, it was cool to see all the lightning making all the rides brighten up with light. As well as seeing lightning strike the ferris wheel. As a added bonus, I got on a lot of coasters.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg in August, my friend and I rode in the back seat of Alpengeist when it started to storm as we started going up the lift hill. One of the best experiences I've had on a roller coaster. A few months later in October, another friend of mine went with me to Kings Dominion, the whole trip was perfect. It was his first time actually going to an amusement park. My first ride on Intimidator was awesome, and I definitely won't forget about the guy a couple rows in front of me, loosing his camera after going over one of the hills.

One of the best was sitting under the umbrellas on Cedar Point's midway during a large thunderstorm. (I know, wasn't the smartest idea) But, it was cool to see all the lightning making all the rides brighten up with light. As well as seeing lightning strike the ferris wheel. As a added bonus, I got on a lot of coasters.

I agree with you, its not the smartest idea but for me thunder and lightning storms are awesome. When it's in the middle of the summer with warm rain and crazy colored skies, it is sometimes an aweinspiring sight.

Its fun playing in the rain

I'd like to add that since this is a place to have fun and write about your experiences, if you have more then one memory to share, by all means share them all. This is a cool place to read which parks create the most memories. As of now Cedar Point and Universal are doing a very good job with Disney behind and southern state parks creeping up from the rear.

I too rode both intimators and both are excellent rides, BUT I305 has my first place over both and top 5 in my overall.

God I love that ride and I can't wait to go back!

Keeping the post alive mainly because I like reading and responding to the responses.

Plus for all the travelers out there. One of the best parts of any trip, is the travel time, whether it be by car, train, plane, or bus.

On one trip of mine I was going to King's Island ( I live in Jersey) so it's a hefty trip of over 10 hours. The plan was to leave in the morning around 4 or 5 am and get to the park right before closing and then spend the next day there before we leave for the next destination. Everyone in my group was so excited about going, so we left the night before around 7pm, and boy was it rough driving between myself and one other. I have to say, it was well worth it. We arrived at the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio (The one shown on "Undercover Boss" on CBS) and it was terrific. We got there around 10 am, slept for a few hours, and then off to Diamondback for my first ride and my first experience with Snoopy's blue ice cream.

I encourage people to write about what happened during their travels. I'm sure we will find interesting stuff.

"Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On" as you drive 100 mph on the Highway.

My favorite memory of 2010 would have to be my week long trip in June. Starting with taking my daughter to Holiday World for the first time and her shrieks and giggles as we rode Wildebeest. Then setting out on my own, first stop Diamondback in the rain, ouch!! My first ever visit to Cedar Point and my new number 1 MF. Then the next day at Darien Lake and Waldameer, followed the next with Kennywood and Camden Park. Then ending it off with my daughter and her first wooden coaster rides at Indiana Beach. It was an epic week and this year will be even better, especially with her getting over the 48 inch barrier, and my first trip to California.

2010 was a great year for me. A lot of theme parks, coasters and driving. Oh god, the driving.

Anyways, my favourite moment of the year would have been in July/August sometime at Canada's Wonderland. The forecast was calling for a chance of rain later in the day, but a friend and I were undeterred and made our way to the park. For the first part of the day, the weather was gorgeous. After lunch, we decided to get another lap or two on Behemoth. As we're making our way up the lift, it starts to lightly rain. We laugh saying how we're gonna get mildly wet. As we go over the second hill towards the hammerhead, the skies opened up and it started to pour. We finished the ride in a torrential downpour, laughing the whole way. Then, just to make matters worse, the train ended up stacked on the brake run for a while, further drenching us. When we finally made our way back to the station, the entire train of completely soaked people burst into laughter and applause.

That was definitely the highlight of the year for me.

My favorite moment was probably my first visit to SFMM this past summer, particularly riding X2. I had never experienced anything like it, and having a relatively low coaster count (67), I'd have to say it's my favorite. I also got my first GCI experience with Terminator, my first Vekoma Boomerang experience at Elitch's, my first Arrow shuttle loop, and have successfully rode a roller coaster from every decade since the '30s. For the most part, my summer was a season of firsts.