TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite theme park memory of the 2010 year

Hey everybody,

I just want to say that my favorite memory was going to Holiwood Nights at Holiday World. Just the fact it was a major coaster event made it even the more better. I had my friends, girlfriend, and met a lot of cool coaster enthusiasts. Also, staying at the camp ground made the experience that enjoyable.

The obvious reason it was great, was the coasters, besides the fact the new timberliners on Voyage weren't installed yet. Don't get me wrong, the Voyage is still an amazing coaster regardless of the trains. The layout, tunnels, the woods, and the SPEED made it a great ride. But my personal favorite was Legend, I don't know why, but I have a thing for coasters on hills; Legend is up there with Boulderdash.

Food at the event was pretty awesome, best part was the fudge and the free fountain drinks, which I might add, they are FREE all the time!!! I thought I heard a rumor where they might add Slushees to the mix of free refreshments but I'm not sure. That would be awesome, especially seeing all the people with different color tongues. But back to the event, we can't leave out Raven, which is another excellent coaster, it is smoothe, fast, and relaxing. A great beginner coaster.

ERT on the rides was excellent, but I saved the best/ new experience for last, The Wildabeest. OMG was that an amazing water-coaster. The length, speed, turns, drops, and even loading and unloading made it an unforgettable ride. It is definitely a must. Add three more friends and you have a party. It really is a blast, especially when you add the other slides Holiday World has to offer.

Well that was my most memorable experience of 2010. Now, I'm biting my nails, waiting for the start of 2011, which is about a month and 2 weeks. I should be at Six Flags Great Adventure's opening day.

Hope to hear from everyone else's memories.

Ride On!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite memory from summer 2010 was going to Dollywood for the first time with my then BF and now friend Chris. It was an incredible 4 days that I will never forget. I love the atmosphere of the park as well as the kind employees. My favorite part was probably the water park - it was beautiful among the mountains and trees. It felt more like a resort destination instead of an amusement park water park.

I will admit I can not wait for them to build their ride portfolio so I can travel back to enjoy it once again.

Taking my god son to universal studios for the first time this year. He was in awe of everything and wanted to ride everything. Unfortunetly at the height of barely 42 inches he couldnt but he enjoyed every bit of what he could...

I have to say that my favorite memory was Halloween Horror Nights XX at Universal Orlando on Halloween Night.

I had never heard of HHN until this past fall, and had no idea what went on. My roommate and I got tickets for the last day of the event.

It was probably the coolest event I had ever been to in a theme park, despite huge lines we were able to do 5 of the 8 houses which is really decent for such a busy night. We also attended the very last Bill and Ted show of the year, which was awesome!!

I cannot wait until next year's HHN, and hope it is just as good as the last or even better!

I definitely think a lot of people will have Florida/Orlando/Disney/Universal memories, especially with their families. Personally I can remember Universal when I was very young. Probably 9 or 10 (approx year 1996). I remember King Kong and Jaws. I hope I got my years right because I went another Year I just forget which one exactly. Disney, you can guarantee a lifetime memory or two. My favorite are the the monorails and Magic Kingdoms Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad.

In one day at Cedar Point in mid-August, I went on every coaster (except for Jr. Gemini because I'm too big haha) twice with the exceptions of Top Thrill Dragster (total of three times) and Millennium Force (total of six times). And of those six times on Millennium Force, I rode it three times in the front. It was a good day.

I had lots of great theme park moments in 2010, but the most memorable came during the third week of January when I took my fiancee, Kelly, and her 5-year-old daughter, Lauryn, to Walt Disney World. It was the first time for both of them, and we kept it a secret from Lauryn even as we flew to Orlando. All along, we told her we were flying to Idaho to see the world's largest potato (which she was actually kind of excited about).

Our idea was to spring the surprise on her when we got to the Disney's Magical Express terminal, but when we told her, she didn't believe us! Despite the fact that Mickey Mouse was on everything and they even showed the welcome video on the bus, it wasn't until Kelly was standing in the check-in line at the All-Star Movies and I was keeping Lauryn busy at the little cartoon theater they have set up in the lobby that she finally allowed herself to believe she was actually at Disney World. A concierge walked up and handed her a balloon. She stared at it for a few seconds, leaned over and whispered, "Jason... I think we really are at Disney World!"

Man, 2010 was the year of the mountain. Went there with friends twice (May and New Years Eve), and on my first date with the long-distance girlfriend I had at the time. All three trips were straight up epic and had some pretty epic moments! (I'll expand this later).

Close second goes to Belmont Park in San Diego back in September. Man, that was just magical.

2011 is looking to be even better, with a five-day Cedar Point trip with friends! (My first trip ever to the point!)

I had lots of great theme park moments in 2010, but the most memorable came during the third week of January when I took my fiancee, Kelly, and her 5-year-old daughter, Lauryn, to Walt Disney World. It was the first time for both of them, and we kept it a secret from Lauryn even as we flew to Orlando. All along, we told her we were flying to Idaho to see the world's largest potato (which she was actually kind of excited about).

Our idea was to spring the surprise on her when we got to the Disney's Magical Express terminal, but when we told her, she didn't believe us! Despite the fact that Mickey Mouse was on everything and they even showed the welcome video on the bus, it wasn't until Kelly was standing in the check-in line at the All-Star Movies and I was keeping Lauryn busy at the little cartoon theater they have set up in the lobby that she finally allowed herself to believe she was actually at Disney World. A concierge walked up and handed her a balloon. She stared at it for a few seconds, leaned over and whispered, "Jason... I think we really are at Disney World!"

I have to say that is an awesome memory man. Friends and family moments really are the best. And for you to keep it hidden so long is nice also. I know Lauryn will remember this for a while because of the whole idea of going to see the "largest potato" to the most world known amusement park destination. Kudos to you for the plan. Hope only grand memories to come.

Man, 2010 was the year of the mountain. Went there with friends twice (May and New Years Eve), and on my first date with the long-distance girlfriend I had at the time. All three trips were straight up epic and had some pretty epic moments! (I'll expand this later).

Close second goes to Belmont Park in San Diego back in September. Man, that was just magical.

2011 is looking to be even better, with a five-day Cedar Point trip with friends! (My first trip ever to the point!)

Cedar Point with Friends = A totally fantastic time. Being that it will be your first trip and for longer then two days, you really will have a new found love for roller coasters and parks themselves. You can't go wrong at all visiting Cedar Point. Hopefully you are at a Cedar Fair Resorts location for easy and early access to the park.

Watch out for the bugs!

I was at SFNE. My friend and I were waiting in the single rider line of Bizarro. There was a seat open in the front row. I jumped over the gate and hopped in. My pissed off friend waited for the next train, no seats, then the next train, no seats. BUT IT WAS BIZARRO IN THE FRONT ROW!!!!!

Cedar Point with Friends = A totally fantastic time. Being that it will be your first trip and for longer then two days, you really will have a new found love for roller coasters and parks themselves. You can't go wrong at all visiting Cedar Point. Hopefully you are at a Cedar Fair Resorts location for easy and early access to the park.

Watch out for the bugs!

Awesome! We're staying at the Breakers iirc, so it should be amazing! I love doing long trips to non-Disney/Universal parks, that's just always seemed so awesome to me, so it should be the trip of the decade for me.