TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

robbalvey

Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)

• Option #1
    • Option #2

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to go back on a cruise now! Thank you for the updates, they are wonderful!

On that binocular-looking thing with the captions "Exploring the ship we find very random things...", and "This is what you see inside…yeah, I don't get it either!", was that just a picture inside or was it playing a video of a woman getting dressed?

The Flowrider looks awesome. Regardless of what the instructor looks like, I'd do all sorts of crazy stuff on that thing.

For the poll, it's got to be option 2 - because it applies to both beer, and, well, certain people who drink said beer.

Great pictures as usual! I've got to say, I don't know how it is on the ship, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Johnny Rockets meal I had at SFMM.. it was quite delicious.

Russel's T-Shirt is awesome!

I picked #2.

The flat tire was awesome!

I would totally do any trick for hot swedish teacher!

Kid Tums is the cutest kid in the world!

Can't wait for more!

Edited by jray21

Yes this is becoming EPIC (wait wrong line). I have always been a bit shall we say putty tat when it comes to going out on water. Not sickness, but if I feel I can't swim to land I freak out. Lakes even bother me. BUT seeing this ship and this report I am SOLD! Just amazing around every corner. I agree I would not be able to handle the sun deck over the water, but the other parts of the ship would suit me well. Forgive my flat out laziness. What is this TPR cruise I keep hearing about in Oct?!

bonus points if you know why those balconies don't have doors

It looks like those rooms don't have doors because they aren't really rooms? Looks like the pool takes the place of the rooms and the "fake" balconies were added so the ship looks symmetrical from the side.

Wow this ship looks amazing. Thanks very much for the trip report although it makes me extremely jealous.

I know you've answered loads of questions regarding upcharges but I have a couple more burning, (more calories than the fella with the flat tyre) are the classes, included? Also what are the prices like for the zip wire and flow rider? Cheers.

So, is there no waterslide on this ship? All the other stuff, but not waterslide in any pool pictures that I've seen. Just seems like a pretty big item to not have.

This came up not too long ago, I believe during a Q&A session with RCCL. I'm not sure exactly what was said, but the gist of it was:

- They had slides on some of the older class ships (Vision Class, I believe) and what they learned from that was:

- The slides were often closed due to winds (the Toilet Bowl slide on Epic is reported to be closed more than it's open)

- They required higher than normal height restrictions for something that is geared mainly towards kids (Aqua Duck has a 42" height restriction - taller than Big Thunder, Space Mountain, or Tower of Terror, for one of the tamest water slides out there.)

- And they felt the money was better spent on water attractions like the H20 Zone, which had no height restriction and hardly ever closes, and spend that money on other attractions and expanding the kids area.

The bottom take away for me is that they tried it, and found that it wasn't a "bullet point" they needed to advertise their ships because it was a feature that was very popular.

I've been on 3 ships that had big water slides, and every time they were either not being used, or closed.

--Robb

Also what are the prices like for the zip wire and flow rider? Cheers.

All included. There is no charge at all. You can book a private session for the Flowrider, which is what we did last night, which is $60 per person, and it limits the group to 8 people. We only have 4 people last night and plenty of time on the Flowrider (our session ended up being about 90 minutes)

The rest of the time I've been going during the normal public sessions, and I still got in a TON of Flowrider time.

But yeah, those two attractions, the rock climbing wall, the carousel.... all included. No additional cost.

--Robb

This ship looks AMAZING! The flowrider and Zipline also look awesome, just like the rest of the ship Looks like you are having a great time!

Did anyone else notice the error on the menu for the Thai BBQ Chicken it said served with 'Lemong Rass!' and for the Poll I chose #1.

We are in Cozumel, Mexico with three Carnival ships have also docked. It's been awesome playing "Spot the Carnival or Royal Caribbean Cruisers!" basically you can narrow it down to this...

Carnival = Wal-Mart

RCCL/NCL = Target

Princess/Celebrity = Stein Mart

Edited by robbalvey