TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Place To Dine At WDW??

1pizza14

Hi there I did a search but I could not come up with anything. Please stop me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I will be visiting WDW in March of 2011. I will only be visiting MK and Typhoon Lagoon, and I was wondering a good place to eat dinner. I'm not sure the exact date yet but I will be dining with a group of 4 people. I am looking for a sit down restaurant and I was wondering what your favourite one is as there are SO many to choose from. I'm up for any style as long as it is not burgers and fries. Thank you for your help. If you need additional details let me know! Thank you so much for your help!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, your choices are pretty limited. IMO, Magic Kingdom is by far the worst place for sit down restaurants.

Assuming you don't have any girls eight or under in your group you also eliminate one of the sit down dinner options! (Castle Dinner place)

That leaves you with mediocre Italian and some buffets. Good luck!

Basically you've now opened yourself up to every type of food and price imaginable. So what more specifically do you guys really enjoy? Fancy? Nice? One step above quick service? Italian? Indian? American? Mediterranean? Seafood?

Again, there's pretty much everything now!

^ haha excellent. We are indeed not looking for above counter service. Sit down service is what we really want. I really have no preference but I just wanted to know what the best restaurant is. We really are not looking for Indian, Mediterranean, or seafood.

Edited by 1pizza14

^ Did you READ the thread before you responded? He's looking for a place to "dine" and he said he wanted "sit down" service. I'm sure he's aware that WDW sells Turkey Legs, just like almost every other theme park in the world!

Wolfgang Pucks un DTD has never done us wrong. If you want something more exciting, T-Rex!

Edited by robbalvey

T-Rex or Wolfgang Pucks at DTD are both great.

I am also a huge fan of California Grill at the Contemporary, though it has been many years since I've been there and I have no idea what the menu is like now. I also like the Big River brewery place over near the Boardwalk. All the other hotel restaurants I've been to are seafood places.

It's funny how there's all sorts of good food all over the WDW resort EXCEPT at the Magic Kingdom. Don't quite get this.

dt

It's funny how there's all sorts of good food all over the WDW resort EXCEPT at the Magic Kingdom. Don't quite get this.

Magic Kingdom caters to the youngest demographic. Think about what KidTums eat. Kids want hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza. There isn't a real need for fine dining at MK like there is at Epcot, AK, and the other parks/resorts. Most kids probably wouldn't last through a sit down service meal.

--Robb

Hollywood Brown Derby and the Flying Fish are my two favorites. They blend the most theming, high class atmosphere, and absolutely FANTASTIC food. Also, if you like splurging on random bits of awesomeness, the little-known Lunch with an Imagineer program is absolutely worth every dollar. When I did it at the Brown Derby two years ago we ate with Bernie Mosher, the head of creative development for the Florida post. Needless to say, it was pretty damn cool.

*EDIT: Sorry, I realize that this doesn't really help the original poster too much, but that's still what I would recommend if he has the time.

I'd recommend Citricos, in the Grand Floridian Hotel. It's a nice sit-down restaurant with some very good food. It's also convenient to get to since the monorail does stop at the Grand Floridian Hotel. I'd get reservations early though.

One of my favorites is Jiko, it is really good, but it could be considered close to your "not interested" food types. However, it is much more normal than indian food. I also like Wolgang Puck's, California Grill, Ohana's, and Victoria and Albert's. I've also heard that Kouzzinna is good. You can find menus for all the restaurants HERE.

Look into Ohana at the Polynesian Resort. That's some good eatin'. It's best to make a reservation. One nice thing is that the monorail stops there, so it's convenient in that sense.

Eric

This is my vote. Awesome food and easily the best non chocolate desert this chocoholic has EVER had. Probably my favorite restaurant at WDW, even beating out the very expensive Brown Derby. I had a good brunch(or maybe it was just lunch)in the Crystal Palace, which I believe was on main street, but it was kinda character dining. We did a lot of touristy stuff like character dining, actually, but the food was good and the buffet options were awesome, and my friend and I have an awesome photo with Tigger where we all sort of do, the manly pose. As everyone has mentioned though, those are not the best of the parks for Disney dining, and every other park in the resort has a restaurant that I can pretty highly recommend.

^ Thats true if you are looking for a quick service restaurant, but at most sit down restaurants, especially at Disney, should have reservations.

I will 3rd the vote for 'Ohana. It's one of our favorite restaurants anywhere.

As for MK meals ... we did the character dinner at Liberty Tree once and enjoyed it. Unfortunately that's gone which is sad but the menu looks to be about the same.

Other hotel restaurants we have enjoyed have been Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge (especially for Breakfast), California Grill (It's great to get a reservation late and watch fireworks from here) and Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. Still haven't done Victoria and Albert's but it's on the agenda for our next trip.

^ We did the Liberty Tree on our first visit (2002). Sorry to hear it's gone; it was actually kind of nice.

I didn't mention it previously, but on that same visit, we really enjoyed dinner at the restaurant in Morocco in the World Showcase at Epcot. A little different, but in our opinion it was very good.

Eric