TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Robb & Elissa go to Dubai!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, both credits were operating at Wonderland the day I was there. You didn't miss much though

I'll alert the media.

After watching those videos, I surprised the three of you came out alive.

Edited by cfc

Pretty sure in this years Mitch Hawker Steel Poll the Top Fun death machine at Al-Nasr Leisureland will takeover the bottom spot.

Ugh, that ride hurt so bad, and I'm pretty sure I started to cry a little when he sent us around again.

Wow, it's even worse than Santa's Village's Typhoon? As you know first hand, I guess it isn't a surprise they're made by the same company.

Great photos and trip report so far, and it's a shame so many of the coasters and parks have to be so bad, although there is a lot of other stuff to do in the UAE. While the parks and coasters, for the most part, don't look that great, the UAE looks like a great place to visit. It's too bad Dubai ran out of money and few, if any, of the proposed parks will ever get built.

I suppose in the Dubai trip of 2014, these three parks won't be on the list...or will they so Robb and Elissa can torture us?

After looking at these parks, I think I was much safer at Williams Grove. Williams Grove looks like Disneyland in comparison.

The UAE is so amazing. Never before have I seen a majestic building and a deserted theme park in so close proximity to each other.

The spinning coaster looked like it was about to make a fast launch or something before it got back to the station. You know, like one of those "wait for it, wait for it, wait for it" moments.

^ The coaster was honestly terrifying. Between the insane steep lift hill, the BIZARRE noises it was making, how FAST it went down that first drop, and the bizarre layout of the whole thing. It was probably one of the strangest rides I've ever been on.

Not to mention that it was a spinning coaster that didn't really spin.

Edited by robbalvey

I've been to the UAE 4 times in the last year and every time the shark coaster at fun city has been closed.... Does anyone know (Dubai Dave?) if its SBNO or I am just really unlucky?

R&A keep up the good work. I love the UAE for its randomness and brilliant multicultural vibe.... Although yes even for a brit applebes was a bit odd.

Ok I feel better now about CGA. I am safe to say after reading your post about this park that CGA is not the worst park ever. I'll start showing more love & respect for CGA. What kind of ride is/was Hammerhead? I can't tell by the pictures. Was it a falling star type? Elissa I don't know how you can handle the spinny coasters when you don't do other spinny stuff. I can't even go on Survivor at CGA without feeling sick after. At DCA I went on the Mickey Ferris Wheel-one of the rocking buckets & I almost felt sick during the ride. I'd like to try Tony Hawk at SFDK but I don't want to take the chance-I'm sure I'd puke the second it starts spinning. Triple Play at CGA ended the spinny rides for me. That was in 04. But sure I can go on Astro Orbitor, Dumbo, Mad Tea Party those don't do anything for me.

^^^The worst thing about the Burj Khalifa was having to try and pop my ears before and after! They popped three times in the elevator going up alone, it was pretty insane.

^Spinning coasters don't bother me nearly as much as spinning rides like teacups or a breakdance or something.

Adding to that, there are only a handful of them currently in operation, too - the only one in the US being Tak Attack at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America. There used to be another one, Iron Eagle, at Six Flags America.