TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ask Busch Gardens Tampa's Mark Rose a Question!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were the unique construction/engineering challenges posed by this terrain-hugging layout, if any?

(Follow-up question: please let us know that something like this, but even more awesomer, is coming to BGW!1!1!11!!1! I keed, of course... )

EDIT: I really wanted to make a joke about "needing a pull through" but couldn't think of one that would be all-ages-appropriate...

"When it comes to the sky ride in the video it goes under now it seems like it will go over...will it go over or under? And was it always gonna be that way?"

The park has already confirmed that it will go OVER the Skyride. They posted about it on their Facebook fan page, but I can't find the post. I was at the park yesterday and you can see how the track is angled it's definitely going to leap over the Skyride. Check out the photo I took yesterday:

100_1097.jpg.0cc7293ee0c0d2716a166142198f3883.jpg

Only about 400 more feet of track need to go up and everything will be in place.

"Have there been any plans to retheme Cheetah Chase, as to limit confusion between rides?"

I saw this today:

http://www.bgtnation.net/2011/02/cheetah-chase-becomes-sand-serpent.html

You beat me to it.

Since Busch Gardens cut off part of Rhino Rally (the water portion), substantially shortening the ride, mean that it is on the way out. I mean, even the "navigator" taking the vehicle on a "wrong turn" isn't even an element anymore... Because of this, I would assume that Rhino Rally will close soon, or will soon undergo a major redesign.

What do you feel your niche is in terms of Florida theme parks? With other animal parks, and other parks with extreme roller coasters, what audience do you feel you appeal to, and was Cheetah Hunt designed specifically with this in mind?

Who proposed the Tower/Figure 8/Tree Element, you or Intamin?

"When it comes to the sky ride in the video it goes under now it seems like it will go over...will it go over or under? And was it always gonna be that way?"

The park has already confirmed that it will go OVER the Skyride. They posted about it on their Facebook fan page, but I can't find the post. I was at the park yesterday and you can see how the track is angled it's definitely going to leap over the Skyride.

sorry but you have to realize everyone doesnt go to those other sites. As far as this site, no park official has confirmed anything so for anyone reading this site only they would not have known that.

The park has already confirmed that it will go OVER the Skyride. They posted about it on their Facebook fan page, but I can't find the post. I was at the park yesterday and you can see how the track is angled it's definitely going to leap over the Skyride.

sorry but you have to realize everyone doesnt go to those other sites. As far as this site, no park official has confirmed anything so for anyone reading this site only they would not have known that.

Amy - thank you for pointing out that info in a courteous manner.

Will the cheetahs themselves be a part of any breeding programs?

What made you guys opt for a triple launched accelerator coaster instead of the traditional, single launch accelerator coasters like Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm or Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure?

Edited by coasterking2981