TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PTR] 2010 Kings Island Photos

So, it's the middle of the offseason and what I like to do to cure off some of the blues is to look back at photographs from the past coaster season. These pictures were all taken at my home park Kings Island...I hope you enjoy them!

Diamondback at night.

Kings Island has great live shows, this one being "Motown"

The newly named "Woodstock Express" received a much needed paint job just last season and is still a terrific woodie for all ages.

Deliruim is still one of my favorite flats around!

Diamondback up close, notice the riders expressions...you will see a lot more in a bit. Terrific ride!

In July Kings Island had a "Chuck Your Duck" event, where you payed 5 bucks to basically throw a duck into the Royal Fountains...At the end of the 2 week long fundraiser for Breast Cancer awareness, Mike Brown of the Cincinnati Bengals picked a duck at random. The duck chosen won a car.

Invertigo, Age hasn't really treated this ride well. It needs paint and is substantially rougher then when it first opened.

Riders on Delirium, doin their thing.

Love this shot of International Street at night.

Vortex is always a fun coaster, I never have found it very rough..although many do. One of the more classic Arrow coasters.

One of The Beast trains heading back to the station after an incredible ride.

The Racer, and amazing and historic ride that I could ride over and over.

Congo Falls located in the "Action Zone" themed are is seemingly out of place. It's a good little chute ride that gives a great pop of airtime from the double down and leaves you soaking wet.

Diamondback in the splashdown...and a flower. Yeah.

Lights on a tree from "Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" which was a new thing this year for Kings Island, it looked great.

Lots more in a second!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading down the 230 foot tall lift! Major airtime flying over the midway!

Seriously, Diamondback is great! Perfect fit for a park that needed a large airtime filled coaster.

Kings Islands Royal Fountains and Eiffel Tower.

I was privileged with a little backstage time with The Beast this season. I got some great pictures!

Straight away into the second lift.

I adore The Beast...I still rate it as my number 1 wooden coaster. The final helix in my opinion can't be matched, it's amazing! You feel so out of control.

Viking Fury is often overlooked but is a very good pirate ship that sores right over a lake!]

The Royal Fountains are a staple at Kings Island!

Diamondback's sign and lift hill.

Kids having a blast on Zeypher, imagine this at 301 feet!

Vortex heading into the "Batwing" element.

Delirium flying high.

The Racer doing what they do best, racing.

This is my favorite shot of the year!

Drop Tower at night.

3 rides in the same shot credit? Got it.

Viking Fury, this is also one of my better shot. I like the bird in the upper left.

Flight Deck is short but sweet, another ride I could ride over and over.

That kid is having a good time, I can tell. Can you?

Vortex takes the corkscrews very slowly. You literally hang on the OTSR's. It's really fun!

Lots of airtime action going on!

I hope you had a good time take a look! Comments would be great!

Thank you!

Great pictures! Too bad Cedar Fair neutered the Beast several years ago with all the new trims that ruin it's pacing.

I love their (K.I.) Intimadator much more than the Virginia (Kings Dominion) In-trim-adator We'll see what In-trim-adator is like this year with the re-profiling. I'm sure I'll still like this B&M version better.

Great pictures! Too bad Cedar Fair neutered the Beast several years ago with all the new trims that ruin it's pacing.

Cedar Fair did not ruin The Beast with trims. Those magnetic trims were installed before CF purchased the parks, I believe about the same time Paramount replaced the friction brakes with the pinch brakes. I don't have an exact date on hand.

Thank you guys! I got the watermark from a friend. He also helped me take better photo then when I first started. The watermark looks very nice I agree!

I took so many pictures this summer, about 10,000 of just Kings Island (400-700 a trip). With taking so many pictures comes a lot of pictures that are "different". Sometimes I spent full days JUST taking pictures, maybe riding 2-3 rides. I try to look for different angles that can make a picture great, mostly off luck.

I can post more if you want them!