TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You An Organ Donor?

Twister II

Are you an organ donor or apart of a willed body program?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an organ donor or apart of a willed body program?

• Yes, I am an organ donor.
    • No, I am not an organ donor.

I rarely give blood (unless there is a SEVERE shortage around) because I have to lie on the questionairre. I know that my blood is drug and disease free (been tested regularly since I was in my 20's), but they still have the "gay" question on there. I still occasionally donate, as I have a fairly rare blood type, but I personally don't like having to lie about myself to be able to help others.

I did sell blood plasma my freshman year in college to support my beer habit (mom and dad cut me off )

Sorry about the aside - I'm still an organ doner.

I lie about it everytime. I know I shouldn't but it's a outdated policy.

And regarding you guys talking bout the Red Cross and stuff. I've heard stuff like this. Friends also come up to me on occasion and register their issues with Blood Services. I've never REALLY had any issue with my donations in terms of a staff controlled issue.

But if you think there is something I could help out and clarify let me know.

We have alot of issues with retaining donors. We get a ton of people to come once, but it's getting them back that's the trick.

Again, I'm a Donor Ambassador for Canadian Blood Services.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving blood just sucks. I'm kinda in the same boat as Elissa, except I get flu and tetanus shots, but I hate it. I also HATE pricking my finger, which is required for a blood test. In fact, I am so scared of needles that my monitored heart rate shot up when they pricked my finger, and it was almost too high to give blood, and I've been tested for my heart rate and its fine. Also as others have said, blood people arent that nice. Frankly I'm still using my blood, lol, and I'll give some some day, but my organs are easy peasy, just take my body, cut out what you need to, and then bury me or burn me, I wont be around to feel what you do.

Down with capitalism... lol. Of course, I'm young and idealistic.

I'm an organ donor, absolutely. As much as I hate the idea of never, ever being able to come back if technology evolves to the point where a human body could be reactivated, someone else's life should come before my own far-fetched dreams.

But I've insofar never given blood, and I'm not sure I'd really want to...ever. Creeps me out that a bit of me would be running in someone else while I'm still around.

^Kidneys can be donated while you're still alive (and that's one whole organ!).

And, Elissa: I know they give flu mists now (as for tetanus, I'm not sure). With that, they just squirt the vaccine up your nose (with the only side effect being a runny nose). Now, when it comes to tetanus... I guess you should just stay away from rusty nails!

There's a terrible shortage for organs, and the fact that you want money or dignity is wrong...just do a good thing.

THIS THIS THIS.

Donating an organ is one of the most unselfish and respectable acts there is.

My thoughts exactly! Your parents didn't pay for the organs when you were born, so you shouldn't expect anything in return. Seeing someone live because of a lifesaving donation is enough of a compensation.