TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Newport Pleasure Gardens [RCT3]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay,I hope this is an Togo becusae I would to see something drifferent. Another reason why you should build an Togo is that KD open Shockwave instead of an Arrow. But it your park,and your choice on what to put in your park.

Vekoma/Arrow or Togo pieces. My guesses are an Arrow or mabye a Vekoma loopscrew

Good guess!

I woulld say corkscrew pieces. Although I'm thinking that in the future that backside will be home to a wooden terrain coaster.

We'll see!

I feel so bad for not checking this park out in so long.

Your overall quality has improved drastically. I don't play RCT3, but I love to look at what people do with it, and you are quite good with it.

As for the track pieces, Arrow Corkscrew.

Thanks!

Just looked over the topic, wow what a fantastic park! You've got some great buildings and rides going in and your details are very intricate. I'll be keeping my eye on this park and will see where it goes!

Thanks Buddy!

Okay,I hope this is an Togo becusae I would to see something drifferent. Another reason why you should build an Togo is that KD open Shockwave instead of an Arrow. But it your park,and your choice on what to put in your park.

Not a Togo this time! Wouldn't want to ruin the park this soon!

If you look carefully at track in RCT3, there's difference between Togo Standup and Vekoma/Arrow Corkscrew Track.

This is Arrow/Vekoma Track.

Love this park, looking forward to seeing this new coaster!

Yes, it is. Thanks Socal!

I know what track it is,but I would rather see something drifferent then a Arrow or Vekoma.

There will be soon, don't worry!

Thanks for all the comments everybody! Sorry for not updating sooner, but between travel and school the past week, I've had no time to prepare an update. Check out our big announcement below!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newport, RI - This summer, guests at Newport Pleasure Gardens will journey back to a simpler time with the extension of their Mine Town-themed area.

The new area is an expansion of the current loosely themed section of the park, which already features a log flume and patio restaurant.

The new area can only be accessed by crossing the park's small lake, on what is being called "The Pier." The area will open with two new attractions and an eatery, including one roller coaster

The roller coaster, "Hill Runner," is manufactured by Arrow Dynamics in the popular runaway mine train style. The coaster features quick turns, hills and dips, and a constant out-of-control feeling. The park has not released the cost of the ride.

"We really wanted to build on the success we had last year, and we're sure that Hill Runner and the rest of Mine Town will not disappoint our guests," said CEO, Robert Clarke.

Also opening with the park is "Rising Smoke," a themed paratrooper ride, and the Burger Bar, an outdoor patio restaurant serving fresh-grilled hamburgers and other traditional American food.

The Mine Town area will open with the park this Saturday, May 5.

^Not yet

---------------

Hey guys!

Its Jimmy again! We saw that article in the paper yesterday, so the family and I headed out to Newport Pleasure Gardens today for Opening Day! Unfortunately, the new Mine Town area wasn't open! I was disappointed too, but they had a sign out saying that it was almost ready, and it would be open next weekend. I guess I just have another reason to come back now!

Check out some of the pictures I took!

Boy, has it been a long winter! We stopped inside the Train Station for a ride.

Somehow, it was my first time riding it. Not exactly thrilling, but still fun. At least the line wasn't too bad.

We hopped on Tree Gliders after that. I forgot what it feels like to fly!

I passed on the Bumper Cars though - just wasn't in the mood.

I took this shot while I was bored in line for Dream Tower. The view from the top is always worth the wait!

I'll be back next weekend for the opening of Mine Town and Hill Runner, but after that, I'll be busy studying. I've got my freshman exams coming up, but after that, I'll have all summer to spend at the park.

See ya later!

Jimmy

CAn't wait to see the new area! This park is really nice!

Thanks! Check it out below!

Sorry again for the delay, I've been busy with another project. Don't worry, this park is staying, cause it's not RCT3. Its my own amusement industry news/park review site, Park Impressions! Check it out here: parkimpressions.blogspot.com/

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been back to the park lately, I've been so busy cramming for exams! I didn't even make it to the opening of Mine Town. Now that school's out though, I managed to make it back to the park!

First stop, Autobahn! Looks like a bit of new theming!

You sure get a great view of High Street from this corner of the park.

I rode Fun Slide too. Believe it or not, it was fun!

When I finally got back to Mine Town, it wasn't very busy. Probably because it was a weekday.

At least it meant no line for Hill Runner!

Hill Runner was good, but nothing beats Monstrum!

I'll have more pictures soon!

See ya later, Jimmy

Hey,

Managed to get back to the park today. Check it out!

Looks like the park has added more maps since last year.

The best part of Newport Pleasure Railway is when it goes over the water.

I managed to get a front-seat ride on Hill Runner! The wait wasn't too bad, but longer than last time.

I'd never seen this restaurant before, so I stopped in. They had great burgers!

I ended the day with a ride on Crawfish Island River Excursion.

It was another great day at the park! I'll be back soon with more pictures!

Bye for now,

Jimmy

Still looking fantastic GCI! The park is a shining example of CS done right.

However, you've done quite a few updates lately without any actual progress around the park. I can tell that you're doing a story similar to CD5's with this one, but he only dedicates three or four updates per season, most of which highlighting a new ride (and warranted, as the park actually has a huge footprint and a huge number of rides). Right now, the park is just too small to warrant this many "PTR's" without any actual progress (yes, I know you just added a new ride, but you've barely shown two or three screens of it).

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Lucky Post 777!

Still looking fantastic GCI! The park is a shining example of CS done right.

However, you've done quite a few updates lately without any actual progress around the park. I can tell that you're doing a story similar to CD5's with this one, but he only dedicates three or four updates per season, most of which highlighting a new ride (and warranted, as the park actually has a huge footprint and a huge number of rides). Right now, the park is just too small to warrant this many "Photo TR's" without any actual progress (yes, I know you just added a new ride, but you've barely shown two or three screens of it).

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Lucky Post 777!

Thank you! I agree with you completely, I just didn't realize at first how it might look to viewers. Thanks for pointing this out. I want to keep updating regularly, so I'll try to make it more interesting. Thanks so much!

I really love this park,keep up the great work.

Thank you!

Will we get a POV of the new ride?

I tried recording a POV, but it crashed my computer! Actually, this happens anytime I record anything. If someone with a better computer than I would be willing to film a POV, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm working on our family's annual Summer Scrapbook this year, so I decided that it wouldn't be right not to include Newport Pleasure Gardens! Plus, it gave me a great excuse to head back to the park and take a lot of pictures!

I headed back to Mine Town right away. It was surprisingly busy! Unfortunately, it was raining a bit.

I don't remember seeing this waterfall last time.

The weather cleared up long enough for me to get a ride on Rising Smoke.

I also snagged a few rides on Hill Runner.

By the time I got off, the rain was starting up again.

I decided not to wait around for it to clear up, so I headed out.

Overall, I got some good pictures, and managed a few rides on Hill Runner and Rising Smoke. I just wish it had been a longer day!

I'll be back soon!

-Jimmy

^Thanks!

-------------

Hey everybody!

Today was a very interesting day at the park! I witnessed a ride malfunction for the first time, and caught a glimpse of something exciting! Check it out:

I started out the day with a ride on Monstrum. What can I say, it was awesome!

As I got off the ride, I saw this across the midway; Tree Gliders was smoking!

It wasn't long before a crowd formed to watch the malfunction.

Luckily, though, it was only a few minutes before mechanics were able to fix it, and everyone got off safely.

I took a ride on Dream Tower after that, and saw this!

What could the park be up to now? I'll be headed back to the park soon to find out more.

Have a great day,

-Jimmy

Still looks great! It looks like an shuttle loop to me!

Good guess. You'll have to wait and see!

Heh, never seen a live breakdown in a TR before. Creative!

Other than that, you're consistently topping yourself here dude. This has the potential to become a legendary park in the very, very near future!

Thanks Ace! Glad you liked it

----------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I went out to the park today to try to get some more pictures of the cleared area. There was no new progress, but I expect we'll see an announcement soon as the season is almost up. Other than that, it was another rainy day at the park today. Take a look:

I started out my day with a ride on Hill Runner. The ride really is growing on me!

Once the rain started in, however, Mine Town started to clear out.

It was already pouring by the time I'd taken a few pictures.

The only thing scarier than Monstrum? Skies like those!

At least these guys are covered!

I wasn't the only one heading out of the park after that.

I'm gonna try to get back to the park once more, but I'll have to see what I can do. I'm expecting more homework now that I'm a sophomore, but we'll see. I'll do my best to get in one more visit!

-Jimmy

Hey guys,

Today was my last day at the park for the season. Nothing too exciting while I was there, but I did see something in the paper. Looks like the park is already planning for next year. I've got a picture, but other than that, I was busy riding everything one last time.

For the last day of the season, the park was actually pretty busy.

Looks like the park is running one last train on Monstrum.

The rides in Mine Town are a lot of fun, but the area sure is nice too.

Hill Runner really was a great addition to the park this year.

I had to get a few rides in for myself after that!

The view from the pier is simply stunning.

It sure will be a long winter, but I can't wait to see what the park adds for next year! On that note, look at what made front page news:

We'll have to wait and see!

See you next year,

-Jimmy

WHOA...

No, that whoa isnt at the park, I mean I LOVE THE PARK ITS REALLY AWESOME...

But that camera view is just so remiscent of the first two games in the series... Seriously that is a freaking cool angle!

Hope to see what the new addition is to the park!

Newport Pleasure Gardens isn't dead!

We will return from this brief hiatus on Monday, March 9, with our Season 3 Announcement. All comments will also be replied to at that time. Thanks for your support!

Stay tuned...

Announcement

Season 3, 1980

Newport, RI - Newport Pleasure Gardens announced this morning the addition of Inverter, the park's third roller coaster.

Inverter will take the guests up to a height of 105 feet, down a 100 foot drop and through a vertical loop. After a helix, riders will then experience two consecutive corkscrews over a pond, before riders enter the brake run and prepare to disembark.

Inverter is the park's first looping roller coaster. "We really wanted to capitalize on the momentum we gained after last year's addition of the Mine Town area. We're sure that guests will not be disappointed by our new addition!" said CEO Robert Clarke during the offical announcement this morning.

Inverter will be accompanied by an expanded midway, going under the theme of a "Town Square." The area will also feature new food options and shopping. The park's existing Dream Tower attraction will be incorporated into the new area as well.

Inverter will open with the park on May 17.

WHOA...

No, that whoa isnt at the park, I mean I LOVE THE PARK ITS REALLY AWESOME...

But that camera view is just so remiscent of the first two games in the series... Seriously that is a freaking cool angle!

Hope to see what the new addition is to the park!

Thanks Thunder!

Sounds good!

Glad you like it!

-------------------------

Season 3

Hey guys -

I headed out to the park today for opening day. I knew I couldn't wait after I read the announcement about Inverter! It'll be my first looping coaster! Check out these photos from my day:

I made sure to pick up a map on the way in. The park sure has grown over the last few years!

I immediately ran back to the new area - it was already super busy!

The line was long, but I made sure to get a few rides in on Inverter.

That first drop goes right into the loop; it was really intense!

These corkscrews were great right over the water. I have a feeling this will be a signature shot some day...

I made sure to stick around after most people had left for the day. It sure is beautiful at night!

I'll be back soon, time permitting. Exams are setting in again, so we'll see. I'm also going to apply for a summer job at the park this year. Wish me luck!

-Jimmy

MOD EDIT: We've locked this thread as gcii2011 has created mutliple accounts to troll.

Sorry guys. It's a shame, as this was a wonderful park and he really improved as he went along.

Edited by mcjaco