Newport Pleasure Gardens [RCT3]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^Thanks!

^I'll try to get a shot like that soon, haven't been in the park in a few days. Glad you like it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends,

This will probably the last update this year, as most of our work will stop for the holidays. Expect to see very fast progress once work resumes!

-Janet Rohrs

We added signs to our street lamps recently - they look good!

This new eatery was recently finished - we're calling it "Corner Café"

The Corner Café will serve hot coffee and fresh-baked pastries to our guests.

^Thanks!

***Note: These shots are very WIP. I haven't had much time to work on the park lately. Please comment!

------------

Hello!

I hope all of you had a great holiday season! I know I enjoyed the break, but I'm happy to be back to work on this exciting project! We had a few warm days last week, so we took advantage of them. Our first ride has been successfully installed, the High Street Carousel. We hope to be open by spring of next year, so hopefully work will start going into overdrive mode! Take a look below

-Janet Rohrs

Ooooh, these planters look nice. But what's that at the end of High Street?

The High Street Carousel is now in place. A man-made pond and waterfall has gone into place behind it, but rock-work and other landscaping isn't done yet.

High Street really looks nice from this angle. Expect to see more progress soon!

Really liking the work you've done so far! However, two things that bothered me:

-The waterfall looks really unnatural and out of place. I know this is a WIP, but even with scenery I'm not sure it would fit.

-The carousel's queue could use a little sprucing up, perhaps with some queue covers or something to that effect.

Keep in mind, now that you're doing CS, there's no "cheating" if you will. If you're going for realistic and meticulously detailed, that's what people are going to expect.

I've been gone for a while skiing so sorry for not commenting. However, while I've been away i've been thinking that maybe this park could use a nice homely harbour with small boats and a nice feeling marina. And then behind that a GCI revamp of the boardwalk bullet that would look quite nice. But keep the woodie for the future and build the marina now so it fits with the storyline and as that historic touch.

Ace: Waterfall is done now - hope you like it, because I think I'm going to keep it. At least for a while. I was debating with myself over the queue covers as well, and now that I've added them I think it looks better. See both below. There will be no cheating, I promise I have high hopes for this park.

Popcorn54: Thanks. Check out the completed waterfall below, maybe you'll like it better.

tiger01: I've had similar thoughts but those types of things will be added over time. Maybe I'll add a marina in a few park years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

We've been very busy on-site lately, but I haven't been able to update you lately because the park execs are getting touchy about what I reveal. I've been negotiating with them, and this is all they'll let me show for now. Don't worry, I'll keep showing pictures as often as possible.

Lots of progress has been made. High Street has been finished, and the landscaping around our waterfall has been completed as well. More rides will be installed soon, I'm told. Check it all out below.

-Janet Rohrs

The completed waterfall looks nice from here.

The new yellow building houses the All-American Eatery, serving traditional American fare: burgers and fries.

This queue cover has been added to the carousel to provide shade for guests as they wait in line.

^Thank you!

Please comment, I could really use some more feedback!

---------------

Hello,

The park is now saying that I have to get approval on all photos before I share them. Kind of annoying, but at least they've allowed me to reveal our next ride: High Fliers!

Check it all out below, and stay tuned for more updates.

-Janet Rohrs

What could this be?

Behold "High Fliers", our massive parachute drop tower!

This pathway will lead back to the rest of the park - but I'm not allowed to show you yet!

^I actually do edit my photos. Glad you like it though. For everyone - the queue covers are from SK's Canopy 101 set.

OK... major problem:

I can't seem to get into the park - I open it up and its a blank sandbox park, with the ground all brown. Really disappointed because I was really happy with my progress and this is already my second try at building this park (the first version wouldn't even open for me). I don't want to give up on the park but I have no idea what to do. The only time I've ever seen this before was with CD5's last download of SFSC - it didn't work for a while, but then I installed more CS and it worked fine. What could cause this? Please Help!

Problem solved, check out the progress below. Thanks for your interest, please comment!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again,

A lot of progress has been made on NPG, and the execs are allowing me to release these shots of the progress. Really, we only have a few more rides to install, and then we add finishing touches before we open next May. That leaves us with about 10 months left, and I'm getting really excited. Check out the construction shots below!

-Janet Rohrs

This new "Scrambler" ride was installed last week. We're looking for a creative name for it - any suggestions? As for the building in the back, you'll have to wait and find out more about that later!

[note: WIP shot] The ferris wheel and swings ride was added recently as well. High Fliers sure towers over them!

This giant slide should be fun for our younger guests! I hear the park is planning to add shades to the top and bottom of the ride though.

What could this be? You'll have to wait and see!

Nice to see, that this park is growing up! The shade are great additions, every park should have some!

I´m excited what will be coming ... \o/ Good work gci2011!

Thanks!

Them buildings are great. Maybe the scrambler ride could be called 'Sierra Twister' or 'Poseidons Fury'

(To match with the waves)

Thanks for the suggestions!

-----------------------------------------------

Hello again,

We're in the dead heat of August, so what could be more appropriate than for me to introduce our log flume, the Crawfish Island River Excursion. Its a mouthful, I'll admit, but it has a nice ring to it nonetheless. Take a look below, you won't be disappointed!

-Janet Rohrs

This new little area is home to our log flume, the Crawfish Island River Excursion.

Don't worry, we've got plenty of lockers for you to store your belongings in so they don't get wet.

It won't be long before guests will be boarding their "logs" in this station!

Peeking through the trees is the ride's main lift.

Just a quick turn off the lift, and then its straight down the drop!

Really nice log flume you've got there, What set are those watertrenches?

Those are Imagine's Flume Covers. Glad you like it!

I like the short and efficient layout of the log flume. The station looks a bit .. *empty* can´t help - but great update so far!!!

Glad you like it. Don't worry, the station isn't finished yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again!

I'm really excited to say that the park is nearly complete! Good thing too, because we've only got about 7 months until we open. I expect the park will start working on publicity and advertising soon enough. Here are some progress shots, check them out below!

-Janet Rohrs

The Bumper Cars were installed last week. (Note: WIP shot)

We're calling this new restaurant "Café on the Cove." You'll get some great views of the pond and the natural landscape of the park!

Midways are looking good - thats the Dream Tower in the back as well, our new observation tower. You can see "Lake Monster" in the bottom-left corner.

Ah, okay. Thank you! The areas growing up very fine. One of the parks, i definetly want to see *moooooore! It´s very interesting how the construction is going up. I´m excited what pictures will be coming next.

Ah, okay. Thank you! The areas growing up very fine. One of the parks, i definetly want to see *moooooore! It´s very interesting how the construction is going up. I´m excited what pictures will be coming next.

Thank you for following this! Check out the new update below.

Where did you get that CFR observation tower? I don't remember seeing those anywhere. Nice park by the way. That flume ride looks really nice.

Its a Moser CFR. I followed a link over at Shyguy's World. Glad you like the park!

Looking great!

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Newport Pleasure Gardens opens this Wednesday!

Hello!

Yes, our opening is only a little way away! We've got everything done now, and right on schedule too! Check out the final construction update below.

-Janet Rohrs

(P.S. I may post a Year 1 Download if you guys would be interested. Let me know.)

These midways will be filled not long from now!

The back half of the park looks nice from here!

The whole park is finally complete!

Dream Tower's new color scheme helps it fit in better.

You'll have to wait and see what this is!