TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oy Vey - My new comic book! - Lots of coasters!

Those of you who have been following the comics I used to upload here know that since 2007 I have been working on a comic book. Well, I have finally finished it, it is 120 pages long, and while it covers many topics, not just coasters, over half of it is about TPR's 2007 Midwest trip!

I actually finished it months ago but couldn't sell it online yet because paypal was giving me issues and I wanted to make sure I have Robb's permission, as well (and thanks again for it, Robb!). But the time has come and I present to you - Oy Vey!

Oy Vey is a collection of funny true stories from my life. The first half is about life in the city of randomness - Tel Aviv, where many amusing things happen, from inflatable giant ducks atop city hall to trampoline-hopping, brainwashing robots trying to sell you velcro. And again, it is all true! It has taken me two years to finish the book.

The 2nd half of the book contains comics about some of the funny things that happened during TPR's Midwest 2007 trip.

The book also contains several multi-page stories. Here are two pages from the Kings Island comic:

There are more books in the series planned (oy Vey is my 7th book in general, and my first one to also be printed in english), and the next one should cover the things about the TPR trip that this book hasn't. I'd personally recommend it to every coaster fan, if not for the sole reason that it is most likely the first comic book to feature anatomically correct rollercoasters, as opposed to those flat-track cartoony ones you always see everywhere.

Parks featured in Oy Vey 1:

-Holiday World

-Indiana Beach

-Cedar Point

-Mt. Olympus

-Riverview Park

-Kings Island

The price of the book is $15, and delivery to US is another $1 (I can check and see if it varies for other countries but overall I assume it should be about the same). I realize this is a little steeper than comic books in America but printing costs more here.

If you really want, you can also buy the book at Midtown Comics Times Square in NYC or at Jim Hanley's Universe, also at NYC for a little over $10. You can also order it from the Midtown comics website:

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1107241

However keep in mind, each one of those stores only has 5 copies, and I really rather have them be sold to the General Public of NYC for some added exposure, so if you don't mind the extra $4 I'd really appreciate it if you ordered it from me.

Now, I have never used Paypal to sell something before, nor have I dealt much with overseas shipping, so please be patient with me as this is all very nw to me.

Payment is done through paypal, either by going to this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8CXUEJSF5C38A

or sending the money to tomixcomics @gmail.com (no space) along with your shipping address information.

That is also the email you can contact me on for any questions or notes.

So come help support a coaster loving cartoonist in doing what he loves!

Edited by FLIPDUDE

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Thank you!

The thing is, I made a concious effort to draw REAL looking coasters because I didn't get why everyone always draws them so darn cartoony.

After drawing them I finally realized why. It's freaking HARD! The pages with the detailed coaster tracks probably took me the most time out of everything else.

Oh, I should probably point out that I will go mail the ordered books right after the weekend.

I've been following this (or at least the stuff you posted) on deviantART and I can honestly say, I love reading your comics!

I wish you the best of luck with this book. The panels from the book that you posted on dA are phenomenal!

-- You haven't contacted Robb about selling copies in the store yet have you?

AH! I AM EXCITED!!!! I will definitely be buying one of these once I get money for it! As for the imported hobos you wont feel so ritzy once it becomes as hobo filled as SF! You would be surprised how many people piss into oncoming traffic from the sidewalk

AAAAAANYWAYS I am glad to see you doing something really cool with your drawing and I hope it really shoots off... You definitely have clever jokes that fit well together while staying true to the story.

edit: I also like the scad tower illustration it really shows the intensity of hanging over all the major attractions... also I DON'T CLOSE MY EYES ON RIDES!!!! All good though!

edit 3: All good I am looking forward to the stories and designs.... Like I said you have a good style of humor!

Edited by man

Thanks, guys!

^^^I did contact him but I knew even before I asked that the TPR store is for official TPR merchandise, which this isn't. Perfectly understandable I'm just happy I can sell it this way.

^^Lol, I should give you fiar warning, though, Max, you're not in this book's stories much, only a sighting here and there. Maybe you'll appear more in the next one.

Tomi,

This is so. Freakin. Cool! I've loved your comics since you started putting them out on TPR, this is just icing on the cake.

Very happy to support your artwork and comics, and I can't wait for the next one.

-Jon "Just purchased my very first comic book" Roost

It's called Redneck Batmann. I was planning on doing it as a video series but some things fell through so it's being done as a comic instead. Right now I only have the first issue done. Since the holidays I've been having a hard time finding time to work on it. But I'm real close to being finished with the second issue. Only a few more pages left to sketch and color. You can check out what I have so far on this Facebook Page.

Thanks, guys!

I'm glad you got your book and are happy with how it looks, Erik

Israeli printing may be significatly more epxensive than American, but at least the books come out a bit more polished looking. I really hope you enjoy it! And yeah, it's weird going back to the trip via the comics. In order to remember exactly what went on in some of the cases I had to go back and read my TRs from that time and flashback to the corn fields

I hope you enjoy the book, and it was nice seeing the name on the shipping address for someone I remember from the trip. (well, to be honest, I have a bad memory for names so other people could've been form the trip as well, but still).

I would love to hear what you think of it after reading!

I should point out that copies have almost run out (There weren't very many of the english to begin with), so if you want a copy and don't want to have to wait until I decide to have a 2nd printing, I'd suggest getting it soon. Also, third shipment went out earlier today.