TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Happy Valley Shenzhen: update on Shangrila Snowfield

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something about the Ring Racer over at Nürburgring.

Something over there exploded and 7 people injured!! Glass Windows Shattered!! I think S&S Power is professional in what they do, but DAM!! I hope this coaster open with no problems! Pics look awesome!!

I read something about the Ring Racer over at Nürburgring.

Something over there exploded and 7 people injured!! Glass Windows Shattered!! I think S&S Power is professional in what they do, but DAM!! I hope this coaster open with no problems! Pics look awesome!!

Thats a unique situation over there where they are pushing the limits. This coaster doesn't appear to be claiming anything (such as a speed record) that would cause it to have issues.

Was poking around the site to see if this ride was similar in layout to Beijing Happy Valley's "Extreme Rusher" and found a "Gutterflower" post with a POV vid link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEzMjk2NTQw.html (in case anyone else missed it - mad props to Gutterflower for finding it.)

Oh, man, that looks like fun, and that rising whine just before the launch?!

Was poking around the site to see if this ride was similar in layout to Beijing Happy Valley's "Extreme Rusher" and found a "Gutterflower" post with a POV vid link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEzMjk2NTQw.html (in case anyone else missed it - mad props to Gutterflower for finding it.)

Oh, man, that looks like fun, and that rising whine just before the launch?!

Thanks for the link!

Shangrila Snowfield is one sexy looking beast. Imagine a Sea World getting one of these with water elements!

It does kind of remind me of a Powder Keg on steroids though. If it is anything as cool as Powder Keg - I'm all for it!! Awesome. I remember on the Middle America tour we kept saying that they needed to build more of those, and here we go!

David

It does kind of remind me of a Powder Keg on steroids though. If it is anything as cool as Powder Keg - I'm all for it!! Awesome. I remember on the Middle America tour we kept saying that they needed to build more of those, and here we go!

David

Powder Keg is awsome. if this is anything like that on this scale. in the words of the late, great, Inspector Gadget... WOWZERS!

Every time I see the name of this coaster it reminds me of the name of some exotic adult beverage somewhere. "Tonight, the bar is serving 2 for 1 Shangrila Snowfields"

LOL. I usually think the Asian coasters names are pretty corny, but I like this one, and "Eagle Fortress" and my favorite to date, ..."Starry Night Ripper" in construction now. I LOVE THAT NAME. Its like a multiplatinum, Ass kicking Band Name.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We were at Happy Valley on Monday. You can tell it's the off-season - tons of closed attractions (the entire water park, and every coaster other than the SLC), but we still had a great time. Here are a few shots of the new coaster (which was being tested as we were there).

IMG_1561.thumb.JPG.13c75a726a424fe83a5f1f639567c2ce.JPG

The park was pretty quiet - maybe everyone else knew how much was closed

IMG_1584.thumb.JPG.29038ea40d5c1d53d544e9728ff995e0.JPG

The lake is still drained, but they appear to be finishing the final touches

100_0033-1.thumb.JPG.a6151b2267a535dd69beba0abce654fd.JPG

It is a beautiful coaster.

100_0034-1.JPG.bdb962e9af1a820c7bbb75dbe890d572.JPG

Great theming on the "underwater" section

100_0039-1.thumb.JPG.ad63c37b2f6976490e1d0a3655f03b18.JPG

100_0041-1.thumb.JPG.21e43d30ea2165f4b0fd7593ff2e4838.JPG

The station is 100% complete and ready to open

100_0043-1.JPG.50262a863848f235919d7d5886a8f150.JPG

They were actively testing the ride while we were there. The train made it 2/3 up the initial hill the one time I saw it in action. Great theming on the station and launch section.

100_0044-1.thumb.JPG.7e7f560a818e1ea2b2fdc6493f21688f.JPG

One last shot of this beauty