TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

F1X Dubai - Premier Drifting Coaster Track?

I drove past again today and do think that the blue track is different to the gray. The blue track would fit the launched tower concept and the gray track the drifting coaster. It seems like the gray track is flat and the blue track is curvy. Can anyone tell if they are the same or different?

Having looked at my photos again. What if there were in fact three coasters there? The blue tower coaster. The gray drifting, single track coaster and the also gray racing coaster? Just a thought but that would make sense having seen the artists impressions today

Dubaidave

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It's Premier drifting coaster track. Here's Sky Rocket's launch:

http://rcdb.com/8612.htm?p=28105

Very, very similar. Not as evenly spaced on Sky Rocket, but still very close. and the ties match better than they do with the Gerstlauer launch.

Yeah, I guess you are right. That´s what I meant, I´m not an expert in these things.

Which manufacturer produces the tracks in Germany? Cause of the word "MARKIERUNG" in this picture

- that´s a german word (="tag"). OK, Gerstlauer is selfexplaining. I guess Intamin produces in the Netherlands, right? What´s about Premier Rides, where do they produce tracks?

Just noticed that the supports here seem very similar to the ones from the new Eurofighter at Fuji Q

Did these supports just show up?? Were they there before when you saw the other possible drifting coaster track??

How long have they been sitting there??

Edited by Pablo237

^I don´t know when Dave does take the pictures, but in relation to his posting date Jan. 22nd, and the different colour of the tracks, it´s impossible.

The Supports at Fuji-Q seems to be grey, in Dubai white and the colour of the Track at Fuji-Q is black, in Dubai wasn´t any track in black mentioned. Repainting and installing the Track in that short amount of time, seems not possible to me.

I guess Dave wanted to confirm with this suggestion, that there must be different coaster tracks in Dubai and there could be a Gerslauer Eurofighter, like discussed before in this Topic.

I remember No Coaster Con in 2005? when Jeff announced Italian Job. He had told us that the trains were going to drift around corners and then there were actuators in the seats that would rumble down the stairs section. When we ended up going to the park to ride it we ran into Jeff again, and he told us that the features weren't ready yet but they had planned getting them to work by years end.

My theory is that Paramount loved the idea of the drifting/rumble but Cedar Fair did not and after the buyout, they removed those features all together.

Hey I do remeber that! but i dont think it was just Cedar Fair that didn't want the cars drifting, I remeber reading during construction of the Italian Job that KI and Premiere decided not to employ the drift mechanisms for 'wear and tear/stress on the vehicles ' reasons, since the tight little family coaster was going to exert more forces in its speedy compact layout, than as in an original layout designed for the drifting coaster car.

So this F1-X euro-fighter track is still there at Dubai??

Are you asking if the track magically disappeared in the two weeks since this thread started? Your questions are getting quite annoying and repetitive.

Were these coaster tracks there before?? Or just now these coaster track got there??

Did these supports just show up?? Were they there before when you saw the other possible drifting coaster track??

How long have they been sitting there??

I'm was under the impression that the F1-X Eurofighter ended up at Belantis.

You're right, I totally forgot about that. So there can't be a track by Gerstlauer. It was nothing else than the Eurofighter mentioned by them.

But there can still be Premiere Ride and Intamin Tracks...

I am not allowed to ask question to know answers for my own personal thoughts?? So what if I repeat myself. I admit that I do repeat myself. But That really that doesn't need to be pointed out just because you find questions in unspoken text annoying. It's not like I am right their with you and I am constantly annoying you with questions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...