TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray Question

Are you intered in Raw Vol 1-5 on Blu-Ray (PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE VOTING!!!)  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you intered in Raw Vol 1-5 on Blu-Ray (PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE VOTING!!!)

• Yes
    • No
    • No - Because I don't own a Blu-Ray Player

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the feedback I'm getting I'm honestly thinking I might do a really small run (like 25 copies only) of a 5-Disc Blu-Ray set. I have some other ideas kicking around....

Seriously if only 25 copies I want 1, if you start a preorder link let me know I'll prepay the whole amount.

With the feedback I'm getting I'm honestly thinking I might do a really small run (like 25 copies only) of a 5-Disc Blu-Ray set. I have some other ideas kicking around....

Seriously if only 25 copies I want 1, if you start a preorder link let me know I'll prepay the whole amount.

LOL! That's very tempting!

Have some more thinking to do on this one...

I cast my vote for yes, becuase I'm sure that I would buy at least one of them. The quality difference is pretty evident in the stills you posted. I really enjoy Raw-HD1 very much, and look forward to Raw-HD2 whenever that may come about. I appreciate your value of quality over quantity.

That being said, one thing that may just convince me to buy the whole set would be a 'bonus track' of new HD footage. Rather than a psuedo-HD Blu-ray release with lots of SD filler (an idea I'm not fond of), I think a coaster or two on each 'remastered' disc in true HD would be an exciting teaser and would further whet our appetite for Raw-HD2. And I can't imagine anyone would be turned off if these HD tracks were eventually repeated on HD2.

I don't plan on getting a blu-ray player, there just isn't any real value add for me personally in doing it.

I'm at the point where I have a PVR (Hard Drive Recorder) with a USB and I'll just keep every video I have on a large portable hard drive.

I'm not interested for two reasons: 1. I don't have a Blu-Ray player and 2. I already have Raw 1-5 and wouldn't want to buy the same footage again even if there is a sligtht quality difference. If I ever get a Blu-Ray player, however, I will definitely buy any Blu-Ray releases that contain unique footage that hasn't been released on DVD yet.

That being said, one thing that may just convince me to buy the whole set would be a 'bonus track' of new HD footage. Rather than a psuedo-HD Blu-ray release with lots of SD filler (an idea I'm not fond of), I think a coaster or two on each 'remastered' disc in true HD would be an exciting teaser and would further whet our appetite for Raw-HD2. And I can't imagine anyone would be turned off if these HD tracks were eventually repeated on HD2.

I couldn't do a "bonus track" because HD video takes up a lot of space. If I added a couple if HD videos it would mean I have to reduce the quality of the SD videos even further to fit the HD videos on the disc. And that would negate the whole reason for doing this in the first place.

I may entertain the idea of doing a bonus disc of 5 to 8 new HD POVs that would only be included with the box set...

Sorry Robb, I wouldn't be interested in Raw Blu Ray's. Since I own all of the DVd's already, I can't see spending another $75.00 just to get the Blu-Ray. It's not just you. If I own a movie on DVD, I will not replace it with a Blu Ray.

However, I would be interested in buying all future Raw releases in the Blu Ray form.

Thanks for trying to make our Roller Coaster experiences better. You do a great job.

I may entertain the idea of doing a bonus disc of 5 to 8 new HD POVs that would only be included with the box set...

That would be just as great. For this, I would buy the set!

The more I think about doing this project, the more I realize it would be for the really "die-hard" RAW fans. So I'm really thinking that I would do it as a box set only and include a bonus HD disc.

Maybe include some HD POVs of those standard def coasters I have that I've recently re-shot, but not included on RAW HD 1 or something...

I'm on the fence with this one. I would like more releases on blu-ray for the quality and you definitely can see a difference in quality between the two photos that you posted, but I'm not sure that I want to re-purchase the set since I have all of those videos on DVD already. I do like your "quality over quantity" attitude and as always I appreciate the effort. I must admit the bonus disc might push me to purchase the set.

I must admit the bonus disc might push me to purchase the set.

I'm leaning towards this as well I'm thinking that if I do actually do a box set, there WILL be a bonus disk of true HD footage. Not sure what that will be, but I have a couple of ideas. The challenge here is to produce a "bonus disc" that would compliment the box set, compliment the first HD release, but not cannibalize the next HD release.

It might be something more like "2nd tier" coasters that probably wouldn't make it onto a Raw disc, but I'm sure people would rather see that footage, than never see that footage.

The other idea I had was to do a handful of POVs only (no off-ride shots) of some of the coasters I've re-shot on HD, but weren't included on the first Blu-Ray. Like Megafobia, Speed, Thunderhead, Kanonen, Cornball Express, Goliath, etc. And then if any of those did appear on a future RAW Blu-Ray, I'd do a full segment with off-ride footage, etc.

--Robb

(...)Upscaling the SD footage to HD looks terrible for roller coaster POVs.

And I'm not about to re-release the SD footage on a "Roller Coasters in the RAW HD" release, because that footage isn't in HD.(...)

(...)To be totally honest, I'm much more of a "quality over quantity" type of person. If it takes me longer to make something that's higher quality, I'm going to do it.(...)

(...)I don't want a Blu-Ray release full of "filler" and I don't think anyone else does either.(..)

I totally agree in that and esteem your opinion! Thanks for that Robb, because of that I like your great quality DVDs and Blu-rays!

I want one, too