TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Snowboard246

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 Seconds to Mars announced some spring tour dates, and it looks like Toronto is the last stop

I will definitely be there, and my goal will be getting on stage this time.

Also considering going to Edgefest...Rise Against is the main act.

If the Foo Fighters tour, I will most likely go see them, as I've been dying to see them for a long time.

Yellowcard is coming to Toronto, but they're an opener, rather than the headliner, so I might hold out and hope they do a full headlining tour for their new album.

I saw Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer and Alice in Chains at the old Darien Lake amphitheatre when I was about 19 years old. I (mistakenly) got caught in the mosh pit when Slayer opened with 'Hell Awaits' - the end result was not good.

Needless to say, I was dragged out of the pit with a bloody nose & cut forehead into the Red Cross tent for medical help before I was released back into the show. For Anthrax and Megadeth, I stayed about as far away from the pit as I could.

Drunken 250 lb biker dudes in a Slayer mosh pit was no match for my 102 pound weak A$$ (which I was at the time). If you change your mind and take your son, I would advise staying faaaar away from any mosh pits...he WOULD get trampled or hurt as those Slayer fans just go plain freaking crazy!

When I saw Metallica in 1994 I was probably in the best shape of my life, pretty muscular and had been in a LOT of mosh pits. The pit for them and Suicidal Tendencies (who opened for them) pretty much destroyed me.

The only one that came close to that intense was Rage Against The Machine.

Back in the day, I was in my fair share of pits as well, but my vote goes to White Zombie for the worst one I've ever witnessed. The amount of skinheads, and utter disregard for human life, was simply amazing.....and frightening. I counted at least 4 unconscious bodies being dragged from the pit before they were 4 songs into their set. Rob Zombie couldn't have paid me to mix it up in that one!

Well, I would love to get to see Ratatat

Ratatat have got a really cool live show! Would love to get to see them again.

As for me, two weeks on tuesday, I'm going to go and see Mumford and Sons play in my home city! They are playing a small tour of tiny venues in the north of Scotland to try out some new stuff. I queued all night and I'm glad I did because the line became huge and it was so much fun. There were probably double the amount of people turning up then there were tickets available. The group of us at the front had so much fun.

Well, I am going to ruin this with my cheese tastic taste in music but this year, so far I am going to see

Olly Murs (UK X Factor Contstant)

2 nights of Take That So excited that Robbie Williams has rejoined!

Rihanna

and possibly Bon Jovi too.

I am also looking to get Katy Perry tickets, so if any of you UK people know of anyone with spare tickets for Glasgow/Newcastle let me know

Just saw that They Might Be Giants are doing a tour this year.

I saw them at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta a few years back. They put on a fantastic show.

I'm trying my best to get tickets for Cut Copy, they're in Atlanta on March 22.

Touche Amore is also playing in ATL in May. I can already feel my body ache.

As I mentioned in the other concert thread, I recently got tickets to see Rammstein in Toronto in May. I don't think I've ever been as excited for a concert as I am for this one.

Back in high school, I was (and still am) a MASSIVE Rammstein fan. I even had a really embarrasing Geocities Rammstein fan page. In 2001, they came to Toronto in support of their Mutter album and I was excited to get to see them. However, the concert fell during a family vacation. I was unable to convince my parents to leave me behind, so I ended up missing the concert. I was sad, but thought that their next album would lead to another North American tour.

Well...10 years and 3 albums later, they're finally coming back. The tickets went on sale yesterday at noon and I bought my tickets....yesterday at noon. It's been a very long time coming, but I'm finally going get to see them live.

I couldn't be happier.

Going to Bonnaroo this year so I'm looking forward to that. There are some great acts playing but I'm anticipating the weird people and crazy experience the most.

You are right. There are some really great artists! Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, etc. But best of all, Robyn is playing. I want to see her SO BADLY!

I would say the show Disturbed is doing on the 13th at Arco Are--oh, wait, sorry, "PowerBalance Pavilion". God, I hate that name. But my parents would never let me go to a metal show like that, they don't even know I listen to music that's that heavy.

Ah well, I'll just wait for my friend's punk band, The Carbonites, to play during Spring Break somewhere.

Still looking into going to Coachella (I have my ticket, but not a place to stay. So, worst comes to worst, I make a hefty sum off of selling the ticket). And Okkervil River is playing in LA in late June, so I might try to go to that.

I am hoping to see Foo Fighters next week in Austin when they are doing a show for MTV and will always catch their shows when they tour.

Last few years have been kind to me as I have seen Roger Waters perform Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall live. Incredible shows.