TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Snowboard246

I'm seeing The Who this month for the third time ever. Such a legendary band that never disappoints. It's also rumored that Buckethead is going to be back on tour for this first time this year since 2012. As of now he has a show in Ohio this April, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he comes to Maryland/D.C at some point.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last show I feel like I missed was Tesla, Styx, and Def Leppard.

I might jump onto this year's version of the tour, largely for Tesla. This time around it'll be with REO Speedwagon instead of Styx; I'm historically more of a Styx fan, but, again, at least I've seen Dennis DeYoung perform their hits. Once again they won't be in my actual town, but there are multiple opportunities to make it work if I decide it's worth my while.

I'm really looking forward to AC/DC in May as I've never seen them. I'll also be going to see Muse (for the third time) but they're one of my favorite bands so I'm still pretty exited.

P.S I might also watch Bruce Springsteen as long as I have company.

Well .. ....... I guess now the AC/DC concert is not so certain given Brian Johnson's ear problems and that they rescheduled all the concerts until the first one in Europe (which is this one). That'd be a huge bummer.

Next: Bryan Adams. Admittedly, I'm only a "69" fan (ahem), so far as I know. However, I'm now aware that not only do some people not hate him, but he's actually hugely popular. So I'm sure it will be the best night of my life!

That is, until my birthday a couple weeks later. I'm going to an 80s hair band fest (of the indoor, one night variety), headlined by [drumroll please]...Bret Michaels! I might not stay for the grand finale; I lose brain cells every time I listen to Poison, after all. But two bands I've really enjoyed seeing are playing, and a few more I haven't seen. It's just a shame that my favorite seems to be playing second (third at best). I've been craving a decent, non-abbreviated set from the guys, and I don't yet know if the sets are all going to be a good standard length or if it's more of a "start out with really short sets and make 'em a teensy bit longer for each band until we hit the big names" deal. I'm not holding my breath, but it'll be nothin' but a good time no matter what.

Uh, Metal Church later this month, Choosing Death Fest in April (headlined by Dying Fetus, other notables include Misery Index, Deceased, and Horrendous), back-to-back days of Dying Fetus and Suffocation at the end of April (Soulfly is headlining the latter, so I'll just leave after Suffo and drink with Suffo and Abnormality in the parking lot until 2am), and Hate Eternal in May for sure. MAY see Pyrrhon and Die Choking at a house show as well, but the jury's still out on that one. Above all, however, I just want Alice in Chains to tour this year because seeing them last year was one of the best birthdays that I've had in forever.

I think I will see Beartooth on their mini US tour as I love Beartooth, and I also will see if I can make The Black Dahlia Murder, Amon Amarth, and Miss May I, although those last three are not at all definite. Within the last week I began to listen to Deafheaven and I know they just came up here and I missed it so I hope they come back as I will most definitely want to see them.

• 3 weeks later...

As always I'm looking forward to the annual concert with Chris Thompson + Mads Eriksen Band in Bergen in May. Really small, intimate venue and always a fantastic atmosphere with a very high sing-along factor.

Here's a clip I recorded from the concert in November last year. I'm sure you have all heard this one before.

(Chris Thompson was one of the co-writer for this song).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Psycroptic in RI for sure (mostly just going for The Zenith Passage, but my little sister will be there and I don't get to see her nearly enough), Summer Slaughter, and maybe Deftones, and probably Helstar in NYC on my birthday if I can either find people to ride down with or dive onto someone's couch.

• 1 month later...