TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Snowboard246

Looks like I'll be seeing Incubus on May 3rd at Merriweather Post Pavilion for DC101's Kerfuffle festival. That being said The Offspring and Panic! At The Disco will also be performing there as well. I haven't been this excited for a concert in a long time!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinedown on August 9 in Michigan. They're only doing 2 shows, and there isn't even a reason, unless they release their fifth album before then. I've never flown somewhere just to see a concert, but I have no doubts about going. The last concert I saw was Three Days Grace on August 27, 2014 in Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...

Vans Warped Tour! I am especially looking forward to Crossfaith since they like never come to America. I'm also a BVB fan (don't judge...), Pvris, Mallory Knox, Asking Alexandria, Citizen, August Burns Red, Memphis May Fire, Man Overboard, Metro Station, and anything else...should be a good day

I might go see Lil' Wayne in concert in a couple months. I say "might" because I like his old stuff but within the last couple years he has gotten a lot worse.

I've never been to a concert before and I would really like to go to one, but most of the artists that come to my area are terrible.

Going to see The Who at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh in October! I'm surprising my mom with tickets! She saw them live once before...when they were a warm-up act for Herman's Hermits!

I'll be seeing them in November at the Verizon Center in D.C. Joan Jett is supposed to be opening so it's going to be an awesome show. This will be the third time seeing The Who.

Vans Warped Tour! I am especially looking forward to Crossfaith since they like never come to America. I'm also a BVB fan (don't judge...), Pvris, Mallory Knox, Asking Alexandria, Citizen, August Burns Red, Memphis May Fire, Man Overboard, Metro Station, and anything else...should be a good day

This year's line up is okay I think. Then again there's a bunch of new bands I've never heard of so I'll definitely check them out. That being said, I'm really looking forward to seeing Beartooth, August Burns Red, The Amity Affliction, Memphis May Fire, and maybe Attila. I've seen August Burns Red open up for Asking Alexandria during the Break Down The Walls tour and quite honestly they stole the show. They also have some of the best pits, along with Parkway Drive.

I might go see Lil' Wayne in concert in a couple months. I say "might" because I like his old stuff but within the last couple years he has gotten a lot worse.

I can't stress this statement enough. I never was a huge Lil' Wayne fan although he does have some decent songs I enjoy, but like Wiz Khalifa, they've both gone downhill.

• 5 months later...
I'm going to see AC/DC at AT&T Park in San Francisco next week. First time getting to see them live!

AC/DC is AMAZING live.

highlight of the show tends to be "Hell's Bells". . but most songs have "props" and they put on great performances.

I have tickets for Trans Siberian Orchestra in December! I never paid them much attention beyond a vague awareness of their reputation, and their show sounds amazing. Plus I've never seen an "explosions and fire" band, which is a huge oversight that must be corrected.

The last show I feel like I missed was Tesla, Styx, and Def Leppard. Thankfully it turns out I dodged a bullet since I've been wanting to see Tesla, and many fans missed their set due to traffic. I'd like to see all three bands (although I saw Dennis DeYoung's Styx show earlier this year), but I really want to see Tesla in a smaller venue with a better setlist.

I'm still debating whether to take my supposed "final" chance at seeing Motley Crue, but I've already seen Vince Neil solo and he played mainly Crue songs. The show sounds awesome but these days I'm a casual fan of the band at best.

Remaining stuff for this year (credit card's gonna hate me but w/e):

Fates Warning (10/10, kinda on the fence about it right now)

Hate Eternal/Misery Index/Beyond Creation/Rivers of Nihil (10/27)

Blind Guardian/Grave Digger (10/31)

Exodus (11/22)

Edit: Had King Diamond and The Black Dahlia Murder lined up, but pigs will fly before I get the time off from work that far into peak season (I work at a shipping terminal).

Edited by Blind Idiot God

Currently got

- Children Of Bodom w/ Sylosis - Razzmatazz, Barcelona - 2nd Nov

- Slayer w/ Anthrax & Kvelertak - Razzmatazz, Barcelona - 3rd nov

Going over to Barcelona mainly for Slayer, but since CoB are playing the same venue the day before, I'm going over for them too. And to think I'm only going to be getting back home from Europa Park on the 1st.

I Might See Big K.R.I.T. This December!

EDIT: if you're white, look him up.

K.R.I.T. has been blowing up for the past couple years. I'd like to think that just about anyone with anything beyond a surface-level understanding of hip-hop knows who he is by now in the same way that Kendrick, Danny Brown, and Action Bronson are no longer unknowns.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow...I had no idea that bands like Fates Warning, Exodus & King Diamond were still doing tours.

I remember seeing King Diamond solo in concert as well as when Mercyful Fate reunited maaaaany years ago. Talk about some good Halloween music!

• 3 months later...

I'm really looking forward to AC/DC in May as I've never seen them. I'll also be going to see Muse (for the third time) but they're one of my favorite bands so I'm still pretty exited.

P.S I might also watch Bruce Springsteen as long as I have company.

• 4 weeks later...