• OPTION #3 - White Outline/Alt tagline font
    • OPTION #4 - White Ouline/Alt Font Style

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so many mixed reviews on this one!

Here's the thing - I could go with either #2, #3, or #4. I've put up #4 for now because it's the popular vote. Give it a day or two and see if you get used to it. I already have. For those of you who don't like the tagline...repeat it over and over again...say it in your sleep. Live it! BE THE TAGLINE! It ain't changing!

Thank you everyone for your input! It really did help, and if you followed this from the beginning you can see where your comments really helped out.

--Robb

I hope this doesn't sway you against it, but I really like #4. To me, it looks more professional than the others. Along with the tag line, it almost seems to say "We love to have fun and act young where appropriate, but when we need to, we can be adults."

Also seeing it at the top of the page already looks REALLY good, BTW!

I'm going to be the oddball as I voted for the original. I think the "We love theme parks..." is too long for a tagline. The header is something you only take a quick glance at it and the original tagline seems to work for this purpose. I actually like the sentence and could see you using it other places...shirts etc., but I think for the top of the web page simple is better.

And let me say I appreciate how you always ask for your users feedback...I wish other sites were as open with soliciting comments.

-daron

I am absolutely fine with all of them, but the font of the tagline for 3 & 4 really bother me, even more so in the "live" version of the front page. It looks far too busy, especially without a space above and below the tagline. It looks like a wall of text. Perhaps it would be better with small caps instead of all caps?

Edited by Moose

I like No. 3, as well. The colors and shading are very complementary.

"Theme Parks - Roller Coasters - Fun" was a great way to build the brand by getting the main points of the site across in a clear, concise manner... but now that TPR pretty much dominates the amusement park fan site niche and most everyone knows what it's all about, this isn't a bad change.

I voted for #4.

but the font of the tagline for 3 & 4 really bother me, even more so in the "live" version of the front page. It looks far too busy, especially without a space above and below the tagline. It looks like a wall of text. Perhaps it would be better with small caps instead of all caps?

I kind of agree. I think the font is okay, but perhaps it needs a little more space below "TPR"?

I think the "We love theme parks..." is too long for a tagline. The header is something you only take a quick glance at it and the original tagline seems to work for this purpose. I actually like the sentence and could see you using it other places...shirts etc., but I think for the top of the web page simple is better.

I kind of agree with this too. I love the line, but not quite sure it works there. I tried thinking of different ways to incorporate something that relays the jist of the site's disclaimer, since that's always been an awesome, and pivotal part of decoding our humor for outsiders or newbies, but I keep coming back to the simplicity of the original tagline.

Upon further review, I think #4 is absolutely a definite lock. It just hit me as I clicked the back button a minute ago, but the white border really catches my eye and brings my attention to the title, whereas in the past I think the title got "lost" or blended too much. I like the boldness of it.

I like #4, though.... the shadow distance behind the tagline makes it difficult (for me) to read. It reads as blurry to me unless I get really close to the screen. I think the shadow is a good idea, but my opinion would be to close the distance between it and the yellow text by just a little.

Plus, Now everyone with Theme Park Review merchandise and t-shirts has a vintage logo!

We never once used the old forum header on any merchandise at all. In fact, what's on the T-Shirts, and other items is closer to what you see up there now. Keeping in mind that the header up there now will also not be very good for print, and thus that version of the logo will most likely never be seen on any other than the header of the site.

--Robb