• Keep it
    • Ditch it

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I'm jumping in late, but I don't really like it. I think most of this has to do with the overall shittiness of Gadzoox font, but the yellow stroke really doesn't work for me. It's just really loud.

I wasn't a huge fan of my version, but this one feels like it's regressed back graphically to the late 90's.

The new tagline is good though.

Wes pretty much sums up my thoughts as well

oh, and this too

I like the tagline, but do you think it might flow better if you removed just "and roller coasters" from it? So it would just say "We like theme parks....we just have a funny way of showing it!"

Edited by ParkTrips

I like the logo. I'm glad you aren't going headfirst into some "21st century rebranding" shenanigans like Comedy Central or THQ Publishing.

I understand that you don't want to change the logo anymore, and you don't want any obscure slogans, but I think there is some sort of way you could manipulate the code to put in a different banner slogan depending on the page or just have it random. I took basic HTML and don't know it, so if you don't know or know anyone that does--I love it. KEEP IT!

Liked the old header a bit better for the main words (i.e. no yellow outline, despite it being bolder this way), and I'd keep the tagline if, like many have said so far, the "roller coasters" was dropped due to sentence flow.

EDIT: ^^I really like that idea of multiple banner slogans!

I know I'm jumping in late, but I don't really like it. I think most of this has to do with the overall shittiness of Gadzoox font, but the yellow stroke really doesn't work for me. It's just really loud.

Couldn't agree more about the font. I really HATE Gadzoox. No the style or anything. It's just drawn poorly and really bad type... but... the context as it's used, I think it looks pretty good!

This is kind of what I had in mind with the yellow stroke: darken it a bit so it's not so blinding, and divide the TPR logo text and the yellow stroke with a thin black stroke. That way, the yellow (which seems to also be a TPR color) is noticed with all of the type. To me, it currently bleeds into the green, pops pretty well from the red and blue.

I do realize I made my blue a tad too dark. Also the TPR font that has a few oddities I think that because it's been used long enough it separates TPR from the rest of the coaster sites who seem to use a techy-looking font; the TPR font has a 'fun' look to it. The oddities of the TPR type clearly represents all of the oddities we really have here!

tprlogo2011.jpg.208469f865f76cdaa181021b5ba808bc.jpg