• Keep it
    • Ditch it

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the new tagline, definitely think you should keep that.

I am a little iffey on the new logo though. Although, I do like the version with the "slightly darker green" more than the others.

I can't decide if it is the yellow outline that is distracting me, or just the fact there is something different at the top.

Their titles saying "I guess donkeys are okay.." would be kinda lost on them.

That's the whole point! If it wasn't, it would be a TPR meme! It's fine to have inside jokes and memes INSIDE the site. But as part of the site's header that welcomes new users, no.

I can't say I'm honestly a fan. But for the sake of progress, I like that you are showing the logo some love instead of just leaving it the same forever. Maybe if you darken up the Green (even more than the test one you posted above) and just slightly darkened the red it would be a little more pleasing on the eyes. I guess my biggest issue is that I've always considered TPR's colors to be Green, Red, Blue and Yellow... But the first three always had their spot in the logo and the yellow was always the regular text... It almost feels like the yellow is taking over.

Whatever you guys all decide won't change my opinion of the site though... and I think that's what really matters.

Okay, I have narrowed down what is bothering me. It is the blue in "review". Would it be possible to try a darker blue, so it is not so bright?

Edit: With the latest revision, the darker yellow outline definitely helps with the brightness of the blue. I am liking that one a lot.

Edited by ernierocker

Okay, I have narrowed down what is bothering me. It is the blue in "review". Would it be possible to try a darker blue, so it is not so bright?

I'm going to respond "no" only because that's actually my favorite part of the entire logo!

IMO, the red and the blue part of is I think look really great. I agree, the green and yellow need tweaking. The wording is a bit long, yes, but I think the tag line is really, REALLY fitting of the attitude on this site.

--Robb "Willing to make other tweaks...but not that one!" Alvey

If you switch back and forth between the version on the forum and the front page of the site (click the logo, then click "forum", then click the logo again, repeat) you can see the different between the two. I think the subtle change in colors really helps. Thoughts?

Edited by robbalvey

If you switch back and forth between the version on the forum and the front page of the site (click the logo, then click "forum", then click the logo again, repeat) you can see the different between the two. I think the subtle change in colors really helps. Thoughts?

I think the slightly darker green is really helping!

The yellow just doesn't resolve well around that primary green. Nice, Robb!

I like the latest version above all the previous variations, but is it possible to make the yellow outline a wee bit thinner? I also like the previous gradient, but I don't believe that would work with the outline...

I wouldn't mind seeing the yellow outline 1/2 pt thinner, either. I think it's fine the way it is now, but would be cool to see it as just a hairline.

I like the latest version above all the previous variations, but is it possible to make the yellow outline a wee bit thinner? I also like the previous gradient, but I don't believe that would work with the outline...

I think I've made as many tweaks as I'm gonna make now. So really this is the final one. People need to tell me to either "keep it" or "ditch it"