TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New TPR Header Logo...

New TPR Logo....  

92 members have voted

1. 1. New TPR Logo....

• Keep it
    • Ditch it

I was messing around with our header logo today at the top of the screen. I've been using a variation of this logo in our videos and DVDs for nearly two years now. It's very simple and I like the thin yellow outline around the letters. By no means am I a 'graphic artist', but I think it does the job well.

I stole a bit of humor from TMZ with their "We love Hollywood...we just have a funny way of showing it." I kind of felt the same smirky humor totally applies to TPR...and in one sentence sends a message to any new readers that this site is going to have some sarcasm in it. Our old tagline was "Theme Parks - Roller Coasters - Fun" and this new one actually still includes all three of those words.

Anyway, it's not permanent unless everyone likes it....

Thoughts???

Here's the old:

tprlogo_new5_old_1_13_2011.jpg.26e6e78a97a6d5ca0fb4f38c20e9c122.jpg

Here's the new:

tprlogo_new5.jpg.9f882edadbd33f2294ddc80e4d286fb4.jpg

Please vote!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the tag line, which differentiates us from the rest of the 'normal' and more serious coaster sites...not that TPR isn't so serious about amusement parks...personally, I think TPR gives us probably the biggest indepth look at the parks. Like you say, "We have a funny way of showing it!" Maybe the tag line could say "We have an odd way of showing it" as there are are people who apparently don't think TPR is funny (GLT Forums).

Visually, that yellow is a bit harsh especially around the TPR logo. And you don't really see it around the "Theme" so it looks out of place around the rest of the text. Maybe a black stroke then the yellow stroke to separate it from the logo?

artist critique>

Edited by Angry_Gumball

I saw that tag line on TMZ months ago, and it's always been in the back of my head to incorporate it at some point. The old tag line was "Theme Parks - Roller Coasters - Fun" and the new tagline still incorporates all three of those words. I like the hint of sarcasm. People seem to forget that's an important factor that makes TPR what it is.

I like the way it looks, it stands out more and grabs your attention! I like the tagline, but do you think it might flow better if you removed just "and roller coasters" from it? So it would just say "We like theme parks....we just have a funny way of showing it!"

I like the way it looks, it stands out more and grabs your attention! I like the tagline, but do you think it might flow better if you removed just "and roller coasters" from it? So it would just say "We like theme parks....we just have a funny way of showing it!"

I actually thought about that...but I really feel that roller coasters is a very important part of the site, so I left it. It does flow better without it, I agree, but I think from an outsider first looking at the website, not having a clue about TPR at all, it's important to communicate right off the bat that it's one of the top subjects of discussion here.

Edited by robbalvey

It looks pretty good. Maybe if you made the yellow border a tad darker, it would be a it more pleasing to the eyes. I like it though!

I was thinking the bright green/yellow is a bit blinding, but the other yellow on the red and blue seems to work ok. Maybe a slightly darker green?

Yes..

This represents the spirit of TPR AMAZINGLY.. I vote keep it..

Another good idea would be a random header logo with different quotes including " if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!"

Edited to say- I agree with coaster guy.. tweak the outline color.

...personally, I think TPR gives us probably the biggest indepth look at the parks...

Visually, that yellow is a bit harsh especially around the TPR logo. And you don't really see it around the "Theme" so it looks out of place around the rest of the text. Maybe a black stroke then the yellow stroke to separate it from the logo?

artist critique>

I have to agree with both statements.

Edited by tedten

I do like the Yellow around Theme Park Review. And I like the idea of the tagline, but honestly feel it's a little wordy. While I know you want to make sure both theme parks and roller coasters is said, I think that contributes to the wordy feeling, as does saying "we" twice. Maybe "We love Theme Parks and Roller Coasters, but just have a funny way of showing it!" I dunno. It is hard to come up with something different.

It looks pretty good. Maybe if you made the yellow border a tad darker, it would be a it more pleasing to the eyes. I like it though!

I was thinking the bright green/yellow is a bit blinding, but the other yellow on the red and blue seems to work ok. Maybe a slightly darker green?

Like maybe this:

REALLY REALLY REALLY Bright Green:

tprlogo_new5.jpg.e9f7d1ea2e745b7c41fc42722a525ca3.jpg

Slightly darker Bright Green:

tprlogo_version2.jpg.76d4760944876bf48d3b71ea6037ba6f.jpg

Robb- I'd stick with the primary colors- the look 'pops' but it's a bit hard on the eyes! Perhaps darken the green a notch or two- Othwerise, it's looking good- Love the new tagline, as I think sarcasm is what differentiates TPR from everyone else.

Alternatively, it could be suggested as a tagline:

Donkeys. Not just for nightime fun anymore.

R.D.

Donkeys. Not just for nightime fun anymore.

The tagline cannot be any inside jokes or memes. Think about it from a first time visitors perspective. You've never been here before. And you have once sentence to describe the website.

I'm looking at the two different logos on three computers and I have to say I can't really tell the difference between the greens..I'd just keep the outline a different color then the tagline... Maybe I'm neon green color blind.. Would explain my sneakers.

The only problem I could see with the tagline is that the new members would have a hard time catching up on the donkey meme. Their titles saying "I guess donkeys are okay.." would be kinda lost on them. Especially since the forum title rarely has "Donkeys" in it anymore. But it should be okay, noobs need to learn somehow!