TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Guitar Thread!

tiger01

Hi Everyone,

I thought that TPR should really have a thread on guitars to discuss them and show each other what guitars they have. I have been playing the guitar for a while and in my experience I prefer to play les pauls as they have a good tone and play brilliantly. I have a Gibson Les Paul Desert Burst and a 1956 epiphone Les Paul Gold top reissue. I love these guitars to bits!

My main inspiration is Slash from Guns 'n' Roses and Velvet revolver. I respect other players as well such as Jimmy Page and Jimi hendrix. My all time favorite song to play on the guitar is sweet child o mine by guns 'n' roses. I have not mastered the song yet but I plan to play it throughout completely before my birthday in March 2011.

Plus, if you own a guitar please post a picture of it below.

I hope you make great use of this thread and enjoy it.

Edited by tiger01

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played guitar for two years now and love experimenting with it and learning lots of new songs and techniques. I own three guitars - A Jim Deacon Candy Apple Strat (Electric), a Washburn D10S Acoustic and my newest one which I bought last weekend a blue Ibanez Electric-Acoustic. I love them all.

As for my taste in music, it's weird! I love Iron Maiden and Guns and Roses! but I am also a huge musical fan and enjoy orchestral movie tunes!

Pictures to come.....

I've been playing guitar on and off for the last 5 years. Haven't played much for the last 6 months though for various reasons although I am considering starting up lessons again.

Can anyone here shred? Cheese and lettuce and cabbage doesn't count! I've always wanted to shred but for some reason I just can't seem to get it. Does anyone think that "shred" is actually musical/artistic? I'd say it can be depending on how it is used.

As for taste in music, I'm pretty diverse. I used to be mainly into heavy metal and all the subgenres but now I'm more open. I played in the school jazz band two years ago. Here's some of our performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkimvq-gDgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnIA2U5djg0

I've been playing guitar on and off for the last 5 years. Haven't played much for the last 6 months though for various reasons although I am considering starting up lessons again.

Can anyone here shred? Cheese and lettuce and cabbage doesn't count! I've always wanted to shred but for some reason I just can't seem to get it. Does anyone think that "shred" is actually musical/artistic? I'd say it can be depending on how it is used.

As for taste in music, I'm pretty diverse. I used to be mainly into heavy metal and all the subgenres but now I'm more open. I played in the school jazz band two years ago. Here's some of our performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkimvq-gDgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnIA2U5djg0

Technically, shred HAS to be musical and artistic. Shred isn't exactly playing random notes. Otherwise anyone who could properly fret a string really fast and flail their picking hand could shred. You have to know scales all the way up the neck, fluently, mind you. (Sure, I know the C scale, but I far from know it well enough to just be able to improvise all over the neck.) Not to mention arpeggios, chords, and how to combine all of those so it doesn't sound like crap.

I play a Gibson Les Paul Studio: Vintage Mahogany. It's american made, got a great Burstbucker Pro pickups that are very versatile. Also have a Fender Strat; Mexican with the Tex Mex pickups. Brother's guitar but he doesn't play anymore, so my gain! And I have a Marshall 1960 reissue cab with an HDFX head (Halfstack)

Love guitars <3 My les Paul is already discontinued, so I've made a huuuge profit!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have a cheapy Crown acoustic that I bought off my uncle for 30 dollars. I am going to get a new guitar this year, but I don't know if I will get an electric or electric acoustic. I am still learning and am getting a new guitar because my D string tuning peg is bent, plus I am actually going to stick it out on learning to play it.

• 2 weeks later...