TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it says a LOT for Real Art to have made it so believable! I kinda of always just assumed it was dudes in the robots based on the movement, slower response time, and the downtime at night. Not sure why this would have any effect on what anyone thinks of the game, though....

Here is my two cents, not that anyone cares. RAD did an absolutely superb job on the website, and honestly, I don't think if they went back and tweaked or changed anything on it that they could make it better and I bow to them for their design. It really shows off their creative ability and talent.

As for the game itself I just don't find myself rushing home at night to play it and I don't find myself trying to sign up and sneak in a few games at work each day. With said, I have played it a few times but feel something is just missing. For me personally I get why they chose the music for the website, but we need some heavy metal hardcore battle music with pows and pops when the bots hit each other. IMO it would add that element that would draw the crowds in.

I was kinda shocked to see that, especially after we were arguing against this guy who insisted they were people, and the rest of us didn't believe him. I still think they did that on purpose as a joke, since literally right before that some of us were arguing with this guy that there's no way it could be people inside.

If it is people in there the whole time (I'm still not 100% convinced yet), it puts a whole new spin on the announcements. Saw a notice this morning: "Please stand by: Bots are undergoing scheduled lubrication and maintenance. Bot B is also draining an excess fluid buildup. This should only take a moment." I'm sure it will.

Either way, I think RA are genius just in the fact that we still don't know what they are and how it works.

Plus, I finally watched all of the lab videos and looked at the descriptions of the robots.... I haven't really seen anything that doesn't sound like a joke. "Hurricane Punch Force?" Shells made out of moon dust and uranium? The strength to crush coal into diamonds?

Just tried the blue side again and lost again although it was much closer than the last three times. They seem to be working the bugs out but it still seems like the blue punches aren't registering the whole time.

I am now 13-4, with three of the losses on the blue side.