TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just lost two times in a row. I don't know why I keep picking blue.

Not sure why either I think Red's hit detection's still a bit touchy, as in needing to hit that sweet spot for anything to happen while Blue's an easy target.

Got an 88% accuracy, probably my best to date.

Just got this uploaded, one of my victories, had my niece record as I played.

Update: last match of the night, rematch against Real Art technician! Yes, I won again though the post game froze so no results.

679811614_finalfight.jpg.2484320fa63c500d007c66c8f55b74e4.jpg

^ I think I played against that guy one time tonight. Kicked my butt.

Towards the end for me, it was taking about 25 seconds for the robots to move. And then if the arms decided to move they moved. Hopefully it gets a little better tomorrow. It seems to work best right around 10am when it first opens.

I think I've played about 9 times and won 8 of those... the one I lost was one of the few times I played blue.

I didn't know how addicting this would be! I definitely want to do it again tomorrow!

Update: LOL at people trying to decipher what TPR means

I giggle to myself every time someone says, "What's TPR?" Even if we answer them, they'll have no idea about the full truth. Explaining just doesn't do it justice!

I saw BigMike on there today for a bit too! Happy to chat with him a little.

I'm really enjoying the game, and concept is absolutely superb, but I'm finding myself not becoming quite as "attached" to it as I was The Santa Claw. Not sure if it's the cute characters that I was able to connect with better, or that just looking at the claw for a split second, you know exactly what it is, what it does, and what to expect.

With this, I'm still not 100% what I'm looking at, or what I'm controlling.

I kinda wish the dunking machine would have had a longer life-span, because I feel like I was able to connect with that a little better as well.

--Robb "Love the game, wish I could be drawn a bit more into it." Alvey

If anyone is having trouble with their results (I.E. telling you that you lost when you won), try clearing your cache. I had this problem and Real Art programmer NICKAE was very helpful and we figured it out.

Also, circa71 on twitter (and on the forums) got a shot of Nicole and I fighting on the Real Art control screen.

This is a bit depressing, there's not many playing tonight, feels even less to almost the same as last night. It doesn't seem to be taking off as well as the Santa Claw did. I wonder if not that many really know about it, or don't seem to have that same draw to it like they did with the Claw, as Robb mentioned with his experience. Perhaps they need to throw in the pickles, yeti, wifebeater girl, snowman, boy, and ornament

Then again, the GP only seemed to play the claw when they were getting something out of it. After they pulled the plug on actually giving out prizes, the lines took a Sheikra-like drop.

If anyone is having trouble with their results (I.E. telling you that you lost when you won), try clearing your cache. I had this problem and Real Art programmer NICKAE was very helpful and we figured it out.

Also, circa71 on twitter (and on the forums) got a shot of Nicole and I fighting on the Real Art control screen.

Ahhh that's awesome!! And I've been playing against TPR people and didn't know it

I'm not playing much because I'd be on my moms computer, and her computer is slow to begin with and combine that with the lag of the game, I stand no chance. Will play tomorrow though.

@AngryGumball. It was great just playing you! It's fun to see TPR members on other sites

I think that there isn't as much draw because of the lack of free prizes for playing a game. To almost everyone free = good. With this game not offering anything free I think that is what is causing the lack of players. I love this game and think its a great idea! Can't wait to face more of you

^Yea, that was a good, close match..no gimpy blue character to fight!

This was the first time I ever saw 2x and 3x combos or whatever it said. Cool stuff!

What draws me to it is the keeping track of our wins/loses, giving this some meat to chew on. I'm sure that if it was just a matter of play with no achievements or win/loss records, I would probably play only a few times and put it down.

I'm really enjoying the game, and concept is absolutely superb, but I'm finding myself not becoming quite as "attached" to it as I was The Santa Claw.

It needs that catchy Santa Claw music!

What draws me to it is the keeping track of our wins/loses, giving this some meat to chew on. I'm sure that if it was just a matter of play with no achievements or win/loss records, I would probably play only a few times and put it down.

That definitely is a huge draw for me. Plus, the fact that you don't have to wait too long to play.

That being said.... I'm kicking bot today! The blue is running a lot better. I don't think I've lost with the blue at all today, but I did lose once with the red.

My last round I got a 91% accuracy! Best I've seen yet!

Wow, this just completely shocked me, kind of let me down. Blue 'tripped over' and lost his leg. I kind of feel like the little kid standing in line to see the mall Santa when the kid ahead of me seeing him pulls his beard off, revealing the truth. Honestly I thought they were robots, given the amazing job RA did with the Santa Claw and putting some mechanical things together. The Santa Claw gave RA some great credibility in my book. So with tonight's incident, I'm not sure what to make of it other than I now know what 'draining excess fluids are' since we all do it every day

974963567_robotwtf.jpg.a569853c4ce5d023de8acddf61599cc7.jpg

Bummed!

Edited by Angry_Gumball

I'm not sure, I just played right after that. Right now, I'm not sure what to think about the discovery other than it being funny that the blue robot almost fell over. I'm sure the Real Art staff are having fun beating each other up

Now, to make my own take on Ro-Bros with LittleBigPlanet, should be fun since if one gets hit the wrong way/puts on strain, parts can 'break' off.

Wow, this just completely shocked me, kind of let me down. Blue 'tripped over' and lost his leg. I kind of feel like the little kid standing in line to see the mall Santa when the kid ahead of me seeing him pulls his beard off, revealing the truth. Honestly I thought they were robots, given the amazing job RA did with the Santa Claw and putting some mechanical things together. The Santa Claw gave RA some great credibility in my book. So with tonight's incident, I'm not sure what to make of it other than I now know what 'draining excess fluids are' since we all do it every day

I'm even more and more curious as to how it all works then of its dudes in the robots. I kinda figured there had to be some sort of human element involved which is why they had to shut it down at night, but wasn't quite sure.

Interesting...

My guess is that (guess is derived from people chatting in lobby) maybe people are seeing our commands inside the robots via a tablet, and acting out the moves. My guess would also be that maybe there are still impact sensors. On the flipside, I wouldn't mind having one of these robots for a Halloween costume next year.

In terms of shutting down for the night, I initially thought that because of how they did the Santa Claw recently, they would follow suit with the Ro Bros. After all, there were glitches that happened through the night during the first run with the Claw. Further denying the fact previous to today, I wondered how the robots stayed balanced and speculated that maybe they're hooked up from above for stability. But now it all makes sense with the 'robot maintenance/shift change?', blank out screen between fights, and shutting off for the evening.

Part of me wonders if they might have had intentions on actually using robotics but bailed out at the last minute due to an issue...it just doesn't quite seem Real Art-ish to me.

I still however think the concept of this was pretty cool, to the point that I decided to make my own take on it in the LittleBigPlanet game, where 2 players can whack each other (and possibly break arms off in the process) using the classic Red & Blue bots.

rb2lbp.JPG.ebd682271a26e7059454365e9e1863db.JPG

Disregard that backwards "B" that shouldn't have been there...it fell from above :)

The beginning 'floor' of the level where you choose sides.

rb1lbp.JPG.c27fccf26c069edd46d670b44fd9d56f.JPG

And one of the bots, the blue one at that...complete with hammer and 'tron' style lighting. I do need to make the impact sensors on it however and figure out how to make a damage meter in the game.