TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently in line now. I'll have 3 hours to go when they open the line back up.

Remember that TOMORROW is the last day to play, and I'm pretty sure the Claw will close down when the Gizmodo Gallery closes at 6pm EST, so get in line TODAY to make sure you can play TOMORROW!

This may be the last time we ever see the Claw...as there hasn't been any announcement about it coming back again.

Would love to get the mp3 of the "wait in line" music! I'll miss it....

^ Thank you!

I had downloaded the ring tone one, but didn't have an MP3 of it...

Anyway, looks like they are getting ready to open the claw for today. Some dude is doing some work on it...those Gizmodo guys were pretty abusive yesterday! Poor claw!

santaclawfix1.png.d8118a7d0c905d81a672ffd6318500e2.png

santaclawfix2.thumb.png.c212f15c5475e534e6ca8837959581c0.png

Hey Robb, any idea how to get the video feed working again? I hit the play button and all its doing is the circle animation.

EDIT: I actually just exited out of one of my browsers, and went to another, logged in and now I'm back in the same place! And my video feed is working now.

Edited by megalyte

So I am in line right now, connected through twitter. If I exit the window all together, can i get back in my spot in line tomorrow by signing in with twitter?

No - you forfeit your place in line. That's how I remember it - it doesn't save your spot, persay.

Seriously, you guys really need to read the thread and stop giving out false information. This year they have changed it so that you will stay logged in even if you close out your window. I have even had to restart my computer and it has saved my spot in line.

So I am in line right now, connected through twitter. If I exit the window all together, can i get back in my spot in line tomorrow by signing in with twitter?

No - you forfeit your place in line. That's how I remember it - it doesn't save your spot, persay.

It does now! At least it has for me logging in with Facebook.

EDIT: Eric beat me to it!

Edited by robbalvey

I noticed that the webcam has certainly changed positions a lot in the last couple of days...

Here's what it looked like when it first opened...

webcam1.jpg.92b45285954df36fbd1ef1765f2a0d2e.jpg

Here's what it looks like now...

webcam2.png.5f5707f6c874f4627133dff6aec03b36.png

At least the new webcam positions allows you to see more of the gallery so if anyone comes and puts up a sign!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Gaah! Missed my turn. I saw I had 5 minutes, went to do something only to come back to a "you lost" screen. Oh well back in line again!

Same here, it is almost like there is something slowing the feed down. The time doesn't change for a while and then it jumps a few minutes back and forth???

^ It's because other people are missing their turn also.

I've seen it go from "You have 5 minutes" to it being my turn because the 3 or 4 people in front of me aren't at their computer.

The game seems to know if there isn't any input from the keyboard and then automatically goes to the next person in line.

Pretty much when it gets down to about 15 minutes, I'm glued to my computer waiting my turn because it can suddenly come up QUICK!

^ Talking to the guys yesterday actually AT the Santa Claw, I was told that this year there are only prizes given out to people who get the boxes, not the balls.

Last year Real Art ran the whole thing and gave out the prizes, this year the Santa Claw is just out on "loan" and the Gizmodo Gallery are the people giving out the prizes.

I could be wrong, but that is the info I got

Peace, Big Mike

Well, I'm kind of frustrated. Actually, no, REALLY frustrated. I was logged in with facebook, and the video feed was not working. I had 15 minutes left, and I refreshed the page to fix the problem, knowing it would save my place in line. Well it didn't. I have 13 hours and 5 minutes left. At least I have the video feed back. I don't know if I'll be able to play even once since it has been here this week. Ah, well, time for more sitting. And waiting. And waiting. And more waiting.