TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb. Last year they sent me two giant knobby balls by mistake. I still have a blue one I didn't inflate. If Kidtums is dieing to have one I can throw it in a flat rate box and send it to you guys. I really only need one...

No luck on logging out (as mentioned about doing last night) so I just left things up. At work earlier, I was able to boot myself off of my home computer and get my spot in line at work, and play within the hour. Of course, I lost again, was going for one of the large presents. I have 1 spot in line now but will really get in line tomorrow AM as that's when it seems most likely for me to be able to play when I get home from work. 3rd game's a charm, right?

So, just to let everyone in, if it hasn't been said yet, my brother works at Real Art and said there are balls in there with the Samsung "S" on them, and if you get one of those, you win a tablet PC or some other cool Samsung stuff!! Good luck!! And I know what the next project is, and all I can say is that it will take a lot of us back to our childhood and be amazing!!!

I tried to get a friend of mine to control the claw today during my turn, she chickened out except for pressing the green button. However her press of the green button won a Christmas gift with a green ribbon which means some sort of Samsung device will be headed our way soon

^Awesome, I would not mind winning a tablet. I don't really need a phone though since I already have an iPhone.

Being hooked on The Santa Claw again (Thank you very much Real Art and TPR's high interest in this perfect time waster) I decided to make a 'new and improved' Santa Claw using LittleBigPlanet game for PS3. This one, I plan on trying to recreate the machine right down to the colors/artwork. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the controls whether if you'll have to manipulate levers to drop and move the claw, or use a 'controlinator' which allows you to map keys from the PS3 controller to specific actions of an object. Yes, this game can get that complex!

Here's what I have tonight so far, really rough but it's a start.

You can see my earlier model here if you want to see how it works and my previous control scheme:

Basically, you have 1 minute to grab balls, some are points for the level, some have functional objects I made such as rocket powered vehicles and other random gadgets that players can use in their levels.

^Clawsome!

If's kinda funny you posted that because a buddy and want to start a claw related project as well.

It's basically to make a smaller model called "the candy crane" and use a K8055 board and set up an Apache server to run it. He's more technically savvy than I am.

I'm currently talking to one of my professors who may also be interested in helping out.

Of coarse, nothing will beat the origional. I just want something to play when the Santa claw is down.

Is anyone else not able to log in and not been able to for a few days? The first day or so I got logged in but never got my chance to play. Since then the "connecting" box just comes up and never goes to log in. I asked RealArt and they said it was just to the site being overwhelmed, and after seeing everyone getting to play on here, and knowing how much I played last year, it's killing me! Literally, I am dying a little more each second I don't get to play, especially knowing what type of awesome gifts are in there! So for the people getting to play - are most of you on the west coast? East coast? I'm wondering if the fact I am trying to log in on the east coast around 8am (work prime time) has something to do with it. My guess is since they are getting over 60,000 hits each day on the site it does. So east coast people - when have you had the most success logging in?

^ If you would read the thread, you'd see that we've been helping people with this exact same issue all week. Here is what I posted just three pages back about logging in. I've been using this method and been having no trouble at all getting in. Takes me about 3 minutes tops...

I'm having issues bringing the site up- is this me or are there issues I'm not seeing (Gremlins, elves on striike, Santa on a smoke break)?

I was just able to jump out and hop back in line just fine. Took me about 20 tries, but once I got in, it worked.

I log in with Facebook, which I think is the easiest, and I just keep clicking "Cancel" then "Log in" again immediately after it says "line full..." eventually it should take you as people seem to drop out all the time.

Actually, I had been just trying to log in with e-mail and was having no luck - it was after I tried the Facebook method that it let me in line. Since then, though, is when I have had issues even with the Facebook thing. I've tried clearing my cache, etc, but once the box comes up that says "Connecting" it just stays there. The log in box never comes up, even if I go the Facebook route and just click the "Get in Line" link over and over and over. I e-mailed Real Art and they said it was just a traffic issue that was causing it. I've also left the "Connecting" screen up for 4-5 hours and it never went to the log in. Eh, no worries, I'll keep trying the Facebook method.

There is also a slight chance I "could" be doing this at work, which means that it "could" be my government work computer. A lot of times if they monitor certain traffic items and don't like it they will block them - sometimes with limited success. So that is also a possibility. Anyone logging in during "off work hours - *wink wink*" on a government work computer?

There is also a slight chance I "could" be doing this at work, which means that it "could" be my government work computer. A lot of times if they monitor certain traffic items and don't like it they will block them - sometimes with limited success. So that is also a possibility. Anyone logging in during "off work hours - *wink wink*" on a government work computer?

I'm thinking you probably just answered your own question here!

Stupid government for not liking the Santa Claw!!!

I thought this was kind of cool. Watching the webcam earlier, I saw someone win a ball...and then someone that was in the gallery grabbed it, and then threw it back in! Not sure if they were a gallery person or just a regular guest, but if it's just a guest, it would be pretty funny to get a TPR member on the webcam peeking up through the chute!

Any other TPR members that live in NYC who can go visit the claw on either Friday or Saturday?

The Big Mike Road Show will also be checking this out TODAY, somewhere around 4:30pm EST!!!

Keep an eye on the video feed for a "Theme Park Review Loves The Santa Claw" sign by the window of the Santa Claw!! (Hopefully unless I get thrown out!!)

I am not sure if I will fit up the ball exit, but we can give it a shot if allowed!

Any other ideas in the next 2 hours, post here and let me know! Also, if you are scheduled to play around 4:30pm EST or a little later, let me know so I can look out for you!

Peace, Big Mike