TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

You're like...really close behind me.

For all you "experienced" Santa Claw-ers - do I have to keep the window open at all times and have a constant internet connection at all times to keep my place in line? I'm constantly switching between ethernet and wireless and have points where I have no connection at all.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you "experienced" Santa Claw-ers - do I have to keep the window open at all times and have a constant internet connection at all times to keep my place in line? I'm constantly switching between ethernet and wireless and have points where I have no connection at all.

Last year, yes. This year it seems like they knew that was happening so if you exit your window and get back on later it will sometimes keep your place in line. I don't know what happens if you lose your internet connection though.

Man, it'd be nice to play again. However, since Iamb grounded from the computer, I think it's a bit more difficult to sneak on to play than browse TPR, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

Temptation got the best of me! TPR REPRESENT!

Quick, someone call mom!

So just got in line... but now santa is telling me that the game will be paused at 11PM and resume at 10:00AM. This is a bummer as this throws my 12 hr window out the window.

I hope they bring back the claw 24/7 in January like last year. That was an epicsandwich with bacon.

-Doug "Long live the claw!" Mandell Jr.

Last year, yes. This year it seems like they knew that was happening so if you exit your window and get back on later it will sometimes keep your place in line. I don't know what happens if you lose your internet connection though.

I noted earlier, I got in line this morning on my work computer. Still in line at the end of the day, I closed things down, shut off the computer. When I got home to get in line, I was told I was already logged in and was back in line, retaining the spot I had before shutting stuff down at work. How long it keeps you 'logged in' I'm not sure.

I ended up putting it to a second test earlier, just a bit after my previous post when I had to reset my router since the Xbox was having problems connecting. After the reset and closing my browser, I was able to get back in line. I still have not even gotten to actually play yet due to the odd timing I'm running into. I am now 45 minutes away, but on standby until approx 7:45AM tomorrow. Normally I wouldn't really sweat it but since it is only up for this week, I'm bummed that I haven't even landed 1 turn on it yet. We'll see how tomorrow pans out.

^ Yeah, I'm in line on two computers right now, and Elissa is line on one. We both have technically "played", not not really since our video feed was down. I'm really happy Santa Claw is back, and I wish it was a bit longer now due to some of the tech issues they were having, but you can't hardly blame them when they did have to ship the damn thing and set it up, and it's the first time they had to do that.

I just really hope it does very well and it becomes kind of a "traveling attraction" so-to-speak!

I got in line last night at home, it kept my place in line overnight on my home computer. I came to work hoping that it tied your place in line to your logon, nope. They must have some sort of MAC or IP qualifier in their, smart ones those RAD people. Oh well.

Edit: I stand corrected. I just couldn't get back in line perhaps due to the volume of other people trying to get in line. My space in line is nice and safe, so it is tied to your logon. Sweet.