TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beatlemania [RCT2]

Assuming this park goes well, what band should i make a park for next?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming this park goes well, what band should i make a park for next?

• Bruce Spingsteen
    • Guns N' Roses
    • AC/DC
    • The Doors
    • U2
    • Other (suggest one with a comment)

Maybe Led Zeppelin Land wasn't very successful but I've begun on my next park as voted by you, Beatlemania. The park is around 140 x 140, completely ncs, and divided into 5 sections seperated by water. The first and largest section is dedicated to when the Fab Four were together as the Beatles. The remaining four are each dedicated to each Beatle and his solo career after the breakup. Ride names for each Beatle may be a little hard to fit into a theme park ride so I encourage you to post any song names for any Beatle I could use. I'm pretty busy now so I'll only get to update during the weekends. Onto the pictures.

sign.BMP

Beatlemania sign

abbey road.BMP

Abbey Road and Abbey Road Studios, the cover to the Beatles Abbey Road album

abbey road 2.BMP

more Abbey

entrance.BMP

entrance building with food court and guest services inside

here comes the sun.BMP

bridge into Beatles section and the first ride, Here Comes the Sun, a merry-go-round

midway.BMP

the begining of the midway in the Beatles section and a chairlift on top of the building

harris, ski station.BMP

chairlift leads to Ringo and George's section, here is the station for the George Harrison section

harris, buildings.BMP

some buildings with a food court and the first Harrison ride, Blow Away, more of this ride to come next

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Abbey Road, but your missing the Zedbra Crossing! Looks great so far and I think I see an invert

Name Suggestions...

-The sun King

-Blackbird

-Rocky Racoon (I'm really just going through iTunes )

-And a Kiddie area called Octupus's Garden (plus Thomas Town )

Also I am a massive fan of Guns 'n' Roses. I would love to see a park for them.

^^a dark ride for Imagine is not a bad idea. For a big coaster, I used Come Together as a Racer, there best songs can't really be put into a ride form (Hey Jude or Let It Be).

^As much as it killed me, it was impossible to put in the zebra crossing unless I used custom scenery which I shall not ever use. The invert is Blow Away, one of Harrison's best solo songs and i think I'll be able to reveal some of it next time. Your name suggestions aren't bad but I've never heard them and aren't sure for which Beatle you're suggesting. A kiddie section themed to Octupus' Garden for Ringo is down as a plan for the park. Guns N'' Roses may be my next park and it could have potential with songs like Welcome to the Jungle, Knockin' on Heavens Door, and Paradise city.

Thanks everyones comments

^thanks for your comment and name suggestions. An Ozzy/Black Sabbath park has potential but how it would look I can't really imagine in my head. What I mean is all I imagine are two coasters (Paranoid and Crazy Train) but everything else I'm not sure how to approach. I'll do some song research, listen to those songs (I'm already familiar with Ozzy) and maybe I'll give it a go but I want to finish this park and another classic rock first. For Queen, I considered a Queen park but I found again only a couple could be transformed into a roller coaster but the name wouldn't really fit (bohemian rhapsody, killer queen, under pressure, another bites the dust). All great songs but the names don't scream coaster but more...laser light show. I will add a poll in my next park with both Ozzy/Black Sabbath and Queen.

Again to everyone, updates are slow for me but maybe I'll get one picture tomorrow for everyone (maybe).

Update, I was lucky to find time tonight to post some pics. Here's that coaster you could barely see last time; Blow Away by George Harrison. It is an inverted coaster, Excitement: 7.10, Intensity: 9.40, Naseua: 5.90. Maybe I'll find more time to post an overview of the ride.

blow away station.BMP

the station, yes or no to the exit path being uncovered

blow away lift.BMP

the lift up to 100ft overlooking George's side of the park

blow away drop.BMP

1st drop

blow away drop 2.BMP

next drop and into a corkscrew, half loop, and another corkscrew

blow away loop.BMP

into a tunnel and out into a large loop

blow away helix.BMP

after a in-line twist, a back helix in the trees

blow away station 2.BMP

the back of the station to finish

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Works been slow. Need some advice, I made octupus' garden as a sub-section in Ringo's section. It is like a beach/playground with a splash down ride. Maybe i can post some pics of it but do you guys think i should use it as a sub-section? Don't worry, Thomas Town is still probable. Also, I put Yellow Submarine in Ringo's because he wrote it and its more Ringo-ish then Beatle-ish. More to come:

sgt peppers lonely.BMP

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club: A food court inside and an observation tower, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

magical mystery tour station.BMP

Magical Mystery Tour, how is the station?

magical mystery tour gardens.BMP

some gardens in Magical Mystery Tour, the Tour goes the distance of the Beatles section with 2 stations

the beatles story.BMP

The Beatles Story, a documentry. similiar to my first from Rock and Roll park

yellow submarine.BMP

Yellow Submarine, unfinished area of Ringo's

ticket to ride ringo.BMP

Ticket to Ride-Ringo, also unfinished

• 1 month later...

Been a while but found some time to post. The George Harrison section is 99% finished so here that is, comments are more than welcomed

harrison overview.BMP

Overview of the completed section

harrison fountain.BMP

the center of the section

blow away overview.BMP

Blow Away overview, for more see earlier pics on Blow Away

blow away exit.BMP

exit building of Blow Away with a food court and fountain

out of the blue.BMP

Out of the Blue, a motion simulation ride

beware darkness.BMP

another building with food court, the giant black block houses Beware the Darkness

beware darkness 2.BMP

more of Beware the Darkness, a wild mouse ride, very simple, nothing fantastic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^heres your answer

After spending some time away from the park (doing contests and what not), i've gone back to work. However, after looking around at the park, I felt I could do MUCH better than I'd been showing so I closed the park and am re-doing some parts to the park.

Yesterday was Ringo Starr's birthday so, in his honor, heres a pic from his section of the park:

beach.BMP

Octupus' Garden, props to Corkscrewy for the idea of the beach towel and tents from Atlantic Adventures