TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

There are seatbelts under the lap bar.

why

For perceived safety by non-enthusiasts/GP who don't know or understand that these rides are perfectly safe without them.

Oh and I'm sure there is a nice discount on the insurance too.

why

For perceived safety by non-enthusiasts/GP who don't know or understand that these rides are perfectly safe without them.

I know they are perfectly safe, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to operate, but those Timberliner restraints seem a little... sketchy... to me, at least when I first saw them. I have seen the bars barely cover both thighs on some larger people, with the restraint almost protruding out from the train as if it's only half down. Obviously the ride is safe, but maybe the seatbelts are there for a little extra reassurance, plus the discount on insurance like you mentioned. It's better safe than sorry anyway, especially when a park like Fun Spot doesn't need a super high throughput.

Nonetheless, this seems like a win for Fun Spot. It's popping up everywhere on my social media and Youtube.

I got a couple of rides on Mine Blower Saturday afternoon, really fun little ride and way more intense than I was expecting. Rode once in the front and once in the back, I preferred the front. Not gonna lie that barrel roll kinda freaked me out the first time but in a good way!

Also kinda random but Fun Spot requires you to show an ID to use your credit card but not your debit card which I thought was kind strange. I almost always have my wallet & ID but since I was coming from a water park in my board shorts with no pockets I just grabbed my credit card and ran in real quick to grab a few while the kids were asleep, but had to go back to grab my ID. Not a big deal just kinda caught me off guard. So heads up for anyone who uses a credit card but may not carry ID because you just left a water park and don't have pockets haha.

^As far as using a debit card, you can punch in your PIN I believe so that may be why ID isn't needed with it in person. It does state on their website that you have to show ID at the park when purchasing passes online with a credit or debit card (I just recently did so). Of course that does no good for people who just walk up and didn't know, which I'm sure is the majority. A lot of places are starting to require showing ID with credit cards. I say that's a good thing especially at tourist attractions.

why

I know they are perfectly safe, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to operate, but those Timberliner restraints seem a little... sketchy... to me, at least when I first saw them. I have seen the bars barely cover both thighs on some larger people, with the restraint almost protruding out from the train as if it's only half down. Obviously the ride is safe, but maybe the seatbelts are there for a little extra reassurance, plus the discount on insurance like you mentioned. It's better safe than sorry anyway, especially when a park like Fun Spot doesn't need a super high throughput.

Nonetheless, this seems like a win for Fun Spot. It's popping up everywhere on my social media and Youtube.

I absolutely love Timberliners. I'd take them over PTCs (unless they have buzz bars) or Millennium Flyers. They are incredibly comfortable.

Fun Spot America has added another park to it's family of parks: Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (south of Atlanta). I was just thinking the other day about how it would be great if they expanded and either built new parks, or took over some struggling existing ones. I've also seen in this thread people wishing this as well, so here you go.

Side note...would be nice if they could take over Daytona's Boardwalk Amusements.

https://www.facebook.com/FunSpotAmerica/posts/10156313909696978

funspotamericanewpark.JPG.c3d5730a27f26a83784a2e2f1d35eab5.JPG

This is great news! I've said it before: the world needs more Fun Spots. Maybe we'll see another mini-woodie there!

I know right? I'm wishing and hoping (Dusty Springfield reference) that they get a Gravity Group woodie. Maybe something like Switchback so that the Orlando park will have a twisty out and back woodie, the Kissimmee park has an inverting woodie, so now the Fayetteville park can have a reversing woodie. But yeah, I'm expecting great things. This new park has some decent expansion room and they already have an awesome little steel coaster! I really hope they can somehow clear out that nasty looking pond though.

Fun Spot America has added another park to it's family of parks: Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (south of Atlanta). I was just thinking the other day about how it would be great if they expanded and either built new parks, or took over some struggling existing ones. I've also seen in this thread people wishing this as well, so here you go.

Side note...would be nice if they could take over Daytona's Boardwalk Amusements.

https://www.facebook.com/FunSpotAmerica/posts/10156313909696978

[attachment=0]funspotamericanewpark.JPG[/attachment]

We did a shoot at the park today and here is a 360 video we posted:

You will probably have to click the link and watch it either in your browser or in the YouTube app on the phone:

Some quick thoughts on the ride:

Pros: I actually felt the design and layout were *FANTASTIC* - Top 20 material, easy. The drop into the inversion was AMAZING and the ride has some great pacing and wonderful airtime. I loved the layout and it's probably one of my favorite Gravity Group designs to date.

Cons: It's rough. Much rougher than I was expecting, especially having been on both Twister and Switchback around the same time after opening and those rides ran AMAZING! I felt like Mine Blower, after the first drop and inversion, just shuffled like crazy and after one ride it actually gave me a bit of a headache. It's such a shame because the layout of that ride totally kicks ass and I'm sure people with more tolerance to rough woodies will love the crap out of it! But this isn't a ride I could do multiple laps on.

Edited by robbalvey

That's too bad it has a pretty bad shuffle but I'm glad the layout delivers. Roar-o-saurus shuffled a bit in the turns but never came close to being rough. Meanwhile the older Wooden Warrior is still glass-smooth.

Queue in the slew of 12-30 year old's that will come in here and say that they rode it and can't believe that anyone thinks that it's rough...claim that it's smooth as glass.

That classic 12-30 year old demographic that likes to come on here and misinform people about coasters. Not a broad generalization at all!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk