TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Ok, this is my new front-runner for Fun Spot's 2016 coaster! Apparently, the rumor is that there were two ordered for 2016, so it would make sense if Fun Spot were to be the second one! I think it'd be a great addition for the park, personally!

Ok, this is my new front-runner for Fun Spot's 2016 coaster! Apparently, the rumor is that there were two ordered for 2016, so it would make sense if Fun Spot were to be the second one! I think it'd be a great addition for the park, personally!

I'm LOVING this rumor more and more!!! I can also see the PR for Fun Spot saying not only do we have the only wooden coaster in Orlando, we also have a coaster with the Steepest Drop in Orlando.

• 2 months later...

^Disney to Fun Spot is a good 20 minute drive in times of no traffic. Fun Spot is in the general area closer to Universal. During the city's busier traffic times, typically 4PM-7PM on weekdays, it can take an hour or more.

Assuming that you mean Uber, being a large city with a large tourism population, you can pretty much Uber anywhere in Orlando to any other part of Orlando. Thanksgiving week itself can get a little bit busy, but the week following shouldn't be too bad.

• 1 month later...
Went and hit fun spot for white lightning the first time on Friday and wow was I impressed. Wasn't very long but was just packed with action from beginning to end. Would have loved to have gotten more than one ride if it wasn't nine bucks a ride.

Totally agree about White Lightning being impressive. It is without doubt the best woodie in Florida haha. I share your thoughts about the prices at the park as well. When I visited we didn't go until late in the evening and it was still full price for a wristband and instantly showed me why a park that was open so late was almost deserted at that time. If prices were a bit lower I could imagine the park being packed in the evenings.

Edited by StealthFan

Went and hit fun spot for white lightning the first time on Friday and wow was I impressed. Wasn't very long but was just packed with action from beginning to end. Would have loved to have gotten more than one ride if it wasn't nine bucks a ride.

Totally agree about White Lightning being impressive. It is without doubt the best woodie in Florida haha. I share your thoughts about the prices at the park as well. When I visited we didn't go until late in the evening and it was still full price for a wristband and instantly showed me why a park that was open so late was almost deserted at that time. If prices were a bit lower I could imagine the park being packed in the evenings.

Last week was my first visit to the new Fun Spot (did the Go Karts 10 years ago) and I have to say that I was really impressed! Honestly the wristband isn't a bad deal if you spend enough time to hit enough of the attractions. We did two of the Go Kart tracks, the enterprise, a couple of laps on the Freedom Flyer, a couple more on White Lightning (we had the train to ourselves---multiple dispatches with no problems!), the kiddie coaster credit, the screamin swing, kiddie rides with Jacob, and the skycoaster twice in a few hours!

The staff were super friendly and always quick to run to whatever ride we wanted to operate. I wish we had something like this closer to me in the valley here in L.A.

^Disney to Fun Spot is a good 20 minute drive in times of no traffic. Fun Spot is in the general area closer to Universal. During the city's busier traffic times, typically 4PM-7PM on weekdays, it can take an hour or more.

What?!?!?

It would NEVER take "an hour or more" to get to Fun Spot! Worst case scenario if there is traffic on I-4, you can either take Turkey Lake Rd or Apopka Vineline to Sand Lake and then a left on I-Drive. At the MOST it may take you like 30-35 minutes during peak times to get from the farthest point of Disney property to Fun Spot. There are so many different ways to get around Orlando when there is traffic that if it took you "an hour or more" to get from Disney to Fun Spot, you have made some serious wrong turns!

1424303489_ScreenShot2015-11-24at02_05_38.thumb.png.29ef8de3e6edc3098f809070d8667d3d.png

1370828039_ScreenShot2015-11-24at02_07_38.png.092ccd955d1ed34dd1b9e034c316d7d5.png

Edited by robbalvey

It would NEVER take "an hour or more" to get to Fun Spot! Worst case scenario if there is traffic on I-4, you can either take Turkey Lake Rd or Apopka Vineline to Sand Lake and then a left on I-Drive. At the MOST it may take you like 30-35 minutes during peak times to get from the farthest point of Disney property to Fun Spot. There are so many different ways to get around Orlando when there is traffic that if it took you "an hour or more" to get from Disney to Fun Spot, you have made some serious wrong turns!

Yeah, I even got caught in Interstate 4's slow-moving traffic on my way there from Walt Disney World property the other day, and it still only took me about 25 minutes.

Finally got to visit the park a few weeks back. I was really impressed at the park, and especially the employees! They were all really great, friendly, and as we were leaving one of them even remembered Jacob's name and yelled bye to him!

Edited by jray21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got to visit this park over the weekend. This is a great little park. Very clean, great ride selection and friendly staff. That White Lightning coaster was a blast. I can't believe how fast that ride goes through that layout. Freedom Flyer wasn't half bad either with decent speed. All in all a well rounded park.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcon's Creative Group Designs Long Range Development Master Plan for Fun Spot Orlando

ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwired - January 11, 2016) - Falcon's Creative Group is excited to announce our involvement in the design of a new long range development master plan for Fun Spot Orlando.

"It was a special experience to work with Fun Spot. Their passion for their guests and team is so inspirational. The new master plan will give guests a chance to step into different eras and experiences all under one ultimate storyline, Americana. We are very excited to see Fun Spot grow in the upcoming years and make an impact in the Orlando theme park community," says Designer, Brandi Monard.

The proposed master plan includes six new themes that will be applied across the entire park. These themes were brought to life by Falcon's in an effort to create thematic narratives that will transport guests to classic American past and present time periods. The goal was to enhance the park's current family fun experience and create new areas that contribute to the Fun Spot brand. The future expansion will continue to bring fresh and exciting experiences to Fun Spot guests.

"It was important for us to help sculpt Fun Spot's vision to build upon their existing brand and personality, while elevating their offerings to guests locally and around the world," says Creative Director, Joshua Adcock.

The expansion of Fun Spot Orlando is set to take place in the coming years, and will also incorporate new food and beverage partners, coasters, water rides and much more.

Fun_Spot_Boardwalk-8cfaab69ed1cb89ab5ee078f808e7b48.thumb.jpg.c93027eef92d70d71262b35203e99fca.jpg

Fun_Spot_MP_Aerial_View_1-fc32054c786189aca97cb91871dd513e.thumb.jpg.2f167bf11ce33778a0f5e10fb7f80590.jpg

Fun_Spot_MP_Aerial_View_2-366ca42a331ca3cc846c528542d3f0a4.thumb.jpg.411fa82b0e6eb75c1974fe0bf1aa1866.jpg

Cleaned up this thread a bit so there would be a REAL announcement instead of just someone posting "holy crap" with a link. Sorry I had to remove all the other posts that came after it, but feel free to re-post what you said.

In the future, if you guys could all do us a HUUUUUUUGE favor (pun intended) when you post something that is an announcement for a new ride or expansion, please make it look like the one I posted above, not a couple of words and a link. That will get deleted because that's not very informative and not the kind of content we want here. Thank you!

Oops, sorry Robb. My sentiment remains the same however... holy crap! It's incredible watching this park transform from a small F.E.C into a major amusement park. I'm thrilled for them and I'm not sure what this says about me but I'm personally more excited about the Sky Ride than anything else. It's great to see a park install (presumably) a brand new one.

I'm not even going to begin to ask what is and is not what kind of coaster/attraction since it's just concept art but from the look of things it appears that they're planning to expand into the vacant lot across the road from the existing parking lot. Should be interesting, I like Fun Spot but have honestly only been a handful of times since it's been opened, but something new would certainly get me back through the gates again.

It's great that Fun Spot is expanding but still setting itself apart from the other Orlando parks by being "a place you just go to for a few hours because it's fun" instead of being "a place you spend your life savings on". Just the kind of place I like!

I'm bummed out I skipped Fun Spot during my visit. I planned to go after a day at Universal, but I had a fastpass later that night for Seven Dwarfs that I didn't want to miss out on. I'll make sure I get some spins on White Lightning during my next trip!