TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

This looks to be an awesome and major addition - the re-launched Funspot is now officially on the top of my list the next time I visit Orlando. Although SWO's Antarctica does have penguins.

Hmmm... Penguins > Woodie? Woodie > Penguins? Either way, it's a win-win! Although I didn't know that they moved SFOG's Wheelie there... unheralded Schwartzkopf-rescuing WIN!

Seriously, very excited for the Fun Spot folks - I've always been impressed with how well run & staffed they are, especially compared to a lot of mediocre/scary operators around in the whole go-kart racket... they're clearly one of the classier operations, and I sincerely hope the paying public supports them with their business - and allows them more $$$ for even further expansion, because clearly they're making great choices!

I cannot say enough about this great little park! I have been going every week now sometimes twice a week to ride their great coaster and enjoy the friendly service provided by everyone. It's a nice change of pace from the huge theme parks, and I wish them nothing but success for many years to come!

This place really does looks fantastic, I can't wait to check it out on my next trip to Orlando (July 4th weekend can't get here soon enough!).

I really hope Fun Spot has a tremendous amount of success with these additions. I realize that the Orlando market is vastly different than every other market in the world but I feel like there are a ton of little go cart/ mini golf/arcade centric FEC's out there in America that could pull off an expansion like this. Best of luck to this place!

Finally got my night rides on White Lightning. Returned to the park saturday night around 10 pm, after the massive downpour. The crowds were light as compared to earlier in the day. All I can say is that the speed was crazy after all the rain. WL was running great. After getting 3 rides at midight we finally left around 12:15 am. They were still running 2 trains even that late. Tha crew was fantastic. They were dispatching trains with remarkable efficiency. Kudos to Fun Spot on this great new expansion !

This all looks like a million bucks, and with a new Tilt-A-Whirl?! SWEET! Fun Spot is definitely on the list the next time I'm in Orlando.

Some of the dusk shots are beautiful; I love that time of day in Florida.

• 1 month later...

I am a staff member of a furry convention that happen in Orlando this past week (Megaplex at the Orlando Airport Marriott). One of my Con-roomies talked to Fun Spot America and they allowed him to organize a unoffical fursuit ride on White Lighting and Freedom Flyer.

This is actually going on as we speak! Here is a photo he just sent me. Gotta say, I really love Fun Spot and what they do to get business! He says he should have video and more photos later on!

480021_3311835292566_525691237_n.jpg.df5195651b79475ca3e1c18527cb43b1.jpg

I am a staff member of a furry convention that happen in Orlando this past week (Megaplex at the Orlando Airport Marriott). One of my Con-roomies talked to Fun Spot America and they allowed him to organize a unoffical fursuit ride on White Lighting and Freedom Flyer.

This is actually going on as we speak! Here is a photo he just sent me. Gotta say, I really love Fun Spot and what they do to get business! He says he should have video and more photos later on!

Gotta be honest - this photo really does beat the whole bowling pin thing. God help us all if there is a video.

I just hate to think what these furries would do to that poor bowling pin if they ran into it behind a strip mall on I-Drive somewhere.

i have got to get back down there! drove rite by the place leaving Disney.i was going to pull in until I got talked into going to that outlet mall.my wife just HAD to have a new purse rite that second lol.raining when we got done.

This looks like a blast; I wish that I had been there!

Gotta be honest - this photo really does beat the whole bowling pin thing.

Beats it in that "so creepy, I feel like I need to take a shower" kind of way? Yes!

Between bronies, mermen, and furries there needs to be a new smiley icon for "so creepy I need shower"....

Believe me, I understand that most people in this world find us horrifying and disgusting. I'm not to worried about the forums stance on us. I've meet a lot of you at the Fun Spot filming session before and you're all cool. If there is a video, I'll post it anyway. Thanks guys!

I just am loving Fun Spot more and more due to the things they are willing to do.

Beats it in that "so creepy, I feel like I need to take a shower" kind of way? Yes!

This is easily the most true and accurate statement that anyone will post on the internet today.

dt

Oh, wow. Wish I could have been there for that. Really surprised that Funspot actually allowed that; I know others that have tried to set that kind of thing up at parks, and don't know anyone that's had any success; most are far too afraid of the liabilities (safety issues with limited vision, or getting tails caught in moving parts, etc). Funspot is either insane, or just that awesome; maybe both.

As far as everyone else, how do you survive on the internet if you're that easily creeped out?

Between bronies, mermen, and furries there needs to be a new smiley icon for "so creepy I need shower"....

Edited by Wes