TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

^Have you ridden Flying School/Swamp Thing at LegoLand Florida/Cyprus Gardens? FF is a larger layout by the same company, so I'm curious if it is a rough and head-banging as FS.

Freedom Flyer is lap bar only and super smooth.

^Have you ridden Flying School/Swamp Thing at LegoLand Florida/Cyprus Gardens? FF is a larger layout by the same company, so I'm curious if it is a rough and head-banging as FS.

Freedom Flyer is lap bar only and super smooth.

Agreed. The seats were comfy and no head banging like at Cypress Gardens. Still came off a bit dizzy.

I really like this park a lot! It's great to just pop in for a few laps on a GREAT little wooden coaster and know that

1) Parking will take 2 seconds

2) There will most likely be no wait to get on the coasters

3) The employees seem genuinely glad that you spend time there.

And I am really glad I bought my season pass back in November for 1/2 price! It has paid for itself many times over already!

Just rode it three times tonight... Such a great little ride! It surprised me how fun it was... Smooth with great, quick elements. Very rerideable.

Hope to make it back again before we leave to ride it more.

It's REALLY starting to break in!

This! When I stopped by yesterday it was running so much faster than earlier in the week (and WAY faster than the film shoot on Monday). It's like an entirely different ride now! It was flying into the final brake run (while the last section used to be pretty slow). So happy to see this.

For my GCI rankings:

Thunderhead

American Thunder (Evel Knievel)

Prowler

Lightning Racer

Kentucky Rumbler

White Lightning

Apocalypse (Terminator)

Wildcat

Roar

Gwazi

While it looks like White Lightning is low on my list, I have it at #16 on my overall woodie list (which includes over 70). Definitely a great ride.

Finally got a chance to check out the ride last night - it is a great throw-your-hands-up-in-the-air-and-have-fun ride. Not sure how I would compare it to other GCI coasters but it is lots of fun and perhaps my favorite coaster in Orlando. Buying the annual pass last year as part of the half-off special has already greatly paid for itself!

If anyone around town wants to meet up and grab a few laps just drop me a message. My office is just up the road - I plan on swinging by on my way home from work a few times a week to unwind from a day at the office!

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet - I just heard about this and know there are a few annual passholders here. Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

Here is the flyer: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1111570680408-81/Annual+Pass.pdf

Invertalon, if you're talking about today, I was there around 4pm for about 15 laps in a yellow shirt.

Got my 101st ride on it today.

Edit: Were you out in a black shirt with a DSLR?

Yeah that was me! Girlfriend was riding the coaster with you at some points, she was in the back I believe. She is close to 50 rides on it in the past 4 days or so, I am at around 30ish. Hoping to make it back tomorrow night prob for some last night rides before heading back to Ohio Saturday... But after IOA/UNI during the day. Such a great little ride.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet - I just heard about this and know there are a few annual passholders here. Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

Here is the flyer: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1111570680408-81/Annual+Pass.pdf

Free beer? I'll be there.

Yeah that was me! Girlfriend was riding the coaster with you at some points, she was in the back I believe. She is close to 50 rides on it in the past 4 days or so, I am at around 30ish. Hoping to make it back tomorrow night prob for some last night rides before heading back to Ohio Saturday... But after IOA/UNI during the day. Such a great little ride.

I figured you guys were enthusiasts...I just thought it was interesting that SHE was riding and you were taking the pictures lol. It's usually the other way around. I love just stopping in there for 30min to grab rides before continuing on with my day!

Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

That's the day before we leave for Coasting for Kids and I'm off....And free beer...Tempting.