TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did a video comparing the two rivals!   Fun Spot Orlando Vs. Kissimmee  

FYI Fun Spot is having a sale this Saturday for $23 tickets, limit of 10 per person. If anyone has a trip to Orlando scheduled this summer/fall might be worth grabbing a couple passes. I'm not this bi

Posted Images

One thing says it all, "It's Huge!" I like the design of that coaster train, my son is very big into trains and would love to take a ride on a coaster themed to a train. Looking good Fun Spot, 2013 is shaping up nice in Orlando.

I'm curious; how much more land around the park is there, beyond this expansion? I've been there, a few years back, but I can't say I paid that much attention to that detail then.

I'm just wondering it this is as far as it'll go, a nice little miniature amusement park with one really good coaster, or if this is just the beginning and we're looking at the beginnings of a "real" park here. Given how popular the place seemed to be when I was there and how well run, and how this project seems to be being received, it seems quite possible. I had a great time there even when it was just go-karts and a few little flats, so I'd love to see the place just take off.

If you see the map you'll see this is Phase 1, then they have one more plot of land which is to become the water park of Phase 2. After that, that's all the land they currently own and I don't see too many options around them for more unless they were to cross a road and buy out a strip mall.

Right, I did see the map of phase 2. I wasn't sure if there was the possibility of it going any further than that. A little disappointing that it doesn't sound likely, but still, it's going to be great as is with both phases done.

Hey just wondering if anyone knows when exactly this thing is scheduled to open?

Fun Spot as we know it will be changing quite a bit over the next year, and plans to have the new expansion open in early June 2013.
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the most recent renderings of phase one of the new expansion. The 50 foot deep footers for the SkyCoaster are in and it is now expected to be up by mid January. The photo shows the new entry building being blocked up, the pond is dug, and the footers for the SkyCoaster/restaurant building are in the foreground.

2026648164_FSAPlot43sm.thumb.jpg.8d42a05b05efbe5081d10bf0771db060.jpg

Latest park rendering.

864257470_Entryviewmedcccrop.thumb.jpg.d0804953e9d187aaf42f62a3e05185e4.jpg

New entry.

1070231726_Treerelocationview.jpg.bcee67e2543a2d4f3cabe964a166c58d.jpg

SkyCoaster area.

IMAG1320.jpg.eddfa9ba7ae1b0bdb628dfd1cbe8377d.jpg

WOOHOO!!!!

I'm thrilled that Wheelie has a new home- and with this, they are preserving a great ride in EXCELLENT condition, as well as adding a top-notch thrill to their already growing lineup of rides. It is always good when a park chooses to preserve one of His works, and I give them Fun Spot many kudos for keeping Wheelie spinning into the future!

R.D.

Praise be to Anton, Amen.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... Anyone hearing it on the internet is far from confirmation. I love to see classic rides saved just as much as the next, but I think it is far too soon to be praising Anton just yet.

Fun spot posted a picture of it... from their FB page. Thus the joy over it.