TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

The two Gravity Groups up here in New England are airtime machines

Wooden Warrior & what's the other that I'm missing?

I think he's referring to Cu Chulainn at Tayto Park. But it's in Ireland.

The two Gravity Groups up here in New England are airtime machines

Wooden Warrior & what's the other that I'm missing?

Roar-O-Saurus at Story Land all the way up in Glen, New Hampshire.

Isn't Story Land located in the USA?? Or am I completely wrong now?

"New England" is the region of the USA east of the Hudson River and north of New York City (does not include New York City itself). It derives its name from the fact that most of the very first English colonies were located in this area.

The video looks spectacular. Fun Spot Orlando was already on the must visit list when we eventually get there; looks like Kissimmee will have to be on there too. Dammit, Central Florida, why do you have to be so awesome?

Yes I was referring to Roar-o-Saurus. Both coasters have a compact double out and back layout, so the video reminded me a lot of Roar-o-Saurus just with a higher first drop and that barrel roll.

The two in New England are both very smooth a few years after opening but Florida's would probably be running year round, correct?

^^Terrible coaster enthusiasts care...and that's about it.

They just keep living up to their stellar reputation.

Whatever, the ride will be fun and I look forward to riding it with NON-coaster bitching people.

This. I really cannot stand roller coaster nerds anymore that feel the need to bitch and complain about the most minor petty things. 99.9% of the world will look at that video and be all "Awesome! Cool! Can't wait to ride." But the horrible coaster geeks who sit in their mothers basements getting so worked up over any little incorrect factoid that no one outside of their own little screwed up community will care about are going to complain and be horrible.

Do I sit here and critique every single photo that someone posts in a trip report? Insult them for their work? No. I appreciate the effort being put into something.

This video sold the ride just fine as to what it is. Anyone who is complaining about it, IMO, is just being a complete a$$hole and needs to go back home to mom.

I was going to make a similar comment Robb but as usual you are on top of it and I could not have said it better. Some people need to grow up. Thanks for being honest, blunt and to the point.

Yes I was referring to Roar-o-Saurus. Both coasters have a compact double out and back layout, so the video reminded me a lot of Roar-o-Saurus just with a higher first drop and that barrel roll.

The two in New England are both very smooth a few years after opening but Florida's would probably be running year round, correct?

It will most likely run year round like White Lighting at Fun Spot Orlando, but even though it operates year round it's not like it is consistently running 10 hours a day 7 days a week. I stopped by to ride White Lightning earlier this week and for the 45 minutes we were at Fun Spot I think WL cycled maybe like three times including my one ride. I imagine that both rides will stay smooth and fun for a long time.

I may have missed it but did Fun Spot announce a name for the coaster? Or are they going to have some kind of "name the coaster contest" later next year? If so my vote is for Rolly McCoasterface......

I'm not from Florida, but I'm a little confused as to "what" fun spot this is going to be at. Is it the same fun spot that has white lighting?

I always get the 2 parks confused.

No. It's at the other one.

I think this ride looks awesome! They packed so much action into a very tiny footprint. I haven't been to the Kissimmee location, but this makes it a must visit for me now.

Ride the world's tallest Sky Coaster when you go. It's the most terrifying ride I've ever ridden.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm in love with these smaller woodies that Gravity Group has been putting out. This ride looks phenomenal, especially the inversion. From the looks of it, it's an intense airtime machine, start to finish. It's a huge win for Fun Spot and for Florida in general. I'm trying to decide between a California and Florida for a trip next year, and this has tipped the scales a bit.

I mean, here you have an inverting wood coaster announced completely out of nowhere from a park chain that everyone loves in a park that just added a super cool flat ride next door to a former sh*thole that's currently investing 20 million dollars into becoming less of a sh*thole and actually being cool AND they offer a combo ticket with their other rapidly expanding and awesome park in Orlando that (by the way) also has a great wood coaster, crazy flat rides and really cheap beer. There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills. Thank god Fun Spot has cheap beer because I need it.

I'm just going to quote this again because it's perfect and describes so much about how I feel about the internet everyday. Especially this part:

"There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about "

I mean, here you have an inverting wood coaster announced completely out of nowhere from a park chain that everyone loves in a park that just added a super cool flat ride next door to a former sh*thole that's currently investing 20 million dollars into becoming less of a sh*thole and actually being cool AND they offer a combo ticket with their other rapidly expanding and awesome park in Orlando that (by the way) also has a great wood coaster, crazy flat rides and really cheap beer. There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills. Thank god Fun Spot has cheap beer because I need it.

I'm just going to quote this again because it's perfect and describes so much about how I feel about the internet everyday. Especially this part:

"There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about "

On the bright side at least it seems like everyone besides the one temporary banned complainer here is really happy about this announcement.

I haven't looked at peoples comments on Facebook or other social media but I always find people to be way more negative on there and the other forms of social media vs this forum.

I'll be down in Orlando in March/April so I'll miss this but I'm debating coming back down around September and hopefully will get to have a blast riding this.

I haven't looked at peoples comments on Facebook or other social media

I have. Don't. They're mostly complaining about the animation and the definition of the word "looping". Occasionally you'll find someone who's actually happy that an amazing looking coaster just got announced out of nowhere but for the most part it's just enthusiast dick waving.

Edited by coasterbill

On the bright side at least it seems like everyone besides the one temporary banned complainer here is really happy about this announcement. I haven't looked at peoples comments on Facebook or other social media

As stated above. Don't. I think most of the reaction of the complaining comes from social media. At this point I have probably had to delete no fewer than 200 comments from people bitching about petty things.

*sigh*

There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills.

For the record, and you all know my background by now, I couldn't freaking care less about it.

On the bright side at least it seems like everyone besides the one temporary banned complainer here is really happy about this announcement.

To his defense [EDIT: To explain why he was making those comments, even though I don't approve with it,] it's a bit easier to be a cynic when you aren't actually going to ride a newly announced coaster. We Europeans don't really get the reaction "OMG, awesome new coaster in central Florida".

That being said, this looks like an awesome coaster, kinda like an inverting Balder in some ways. I hope the speed of the inversion stays the same because that looks insane. I'm not sure whether I'm able to go there when I visit Florida with my family (maybe 2018) since I already wanna go to Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal and maybe Disney (and ofcourse the polercoaster if it has opened by then).

Edited by Donkeygoat

To his defense it's a bit easier to be a cynic when you aren't actually going to ride a newly announced coaster. We Europeans don't really get the reaction "OMG, awesome new coaster in central Florida".

I'm sorry*, but this is a really f*cking stupid justification for making rude, obnoxious and terrible comments on the internet. If you honestly think it's "OK" to be pointlessly negative because you live on the other side of the world, please leave our forums and never come back. We really would like to avoid stupid people as much as humanly possible. I'm just going to quote this once again, because it's 100% accurate and correct, and if you don't agree with it, that's fine, just please leave our forums and go find somewhere else to be an idiot at....

* I'm not actually sorry.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm sorry if I came off as trying to defend him for making rude comments because in my opinion it's really irrelevant to be annoyed about a parks nolimits2 animation, and I agree with that quote wholeheartedly.

Anyways, looks like an awesome coaster and I'm happy that you Floridans (or whatever you call it) are getting this awesome new woodie!