TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

This looks really awesome! I've never been to the kissimmee location but I guess I'll have to make the stop next time I return!

I like the Orlando location better (though this will tip the scales a little), but this location has absolutely sick Go Kart tracks and the Sky Coaster has to be seen to be believed. It's worth the stop just for the Sky Coaster.

So what's the deal with the Screaming Swing? Do we have any idea if they're moving it or removing it? Given the ride's location and the rendering it seems like it won't stay in it's current location... to be fair though, this may have already been addressed but I don't pay too much attention to the goings-on at the Kissimmee location because (let's be honest), who really does?

I might get some hate for this, but that is the worst NL2 recreation of a ride I have ever seen a park OFFICIALLY churn out to show case their coaster. A frankly f**ked up lift hill and a curvy break run and station. Also talk about head choppers...

I might get some hate for this, but that is the worst NL2 recreation of a ride I have ever seen a park OFFICIALLY churn out to show case their coaster. A frankly f**ked up lift hill and a curvy break run and station. Also talk about head choppers...

I don't want to poo-poo on the park or the person that made the sim, but I agree completely. Lots of rookie mistakes!

^Who cares, it's just a rendering?

A really bad one. It would have taken about two hours to edit the supports and make the track straight. NL2 is not complex, and by the looks of things someone bothered to put more time into background custom scenery.

A really bad one. It would have taken about two hours to edit the supports and make the track straight. NL2 is not complex, and by the looks of things someone bothered to put more time into background custom scenery.

Well, could've been worse.

(Looks over at KK)

^^Terrible coaster enthusiasts care...and that's about it.

They just keep living up to their stellar reputation.

Whatever, the ride will be fun and I look forward to riding it with NON-coaster bitching people.

This. I really cannot stand roller coaster nerds anymore that feel the need to bitch and complain about the most minor petty things. 99.9% of the world will look at that video and be all "Awesome! Cool! Can't wait to ride." But the horrible coaster geeks who sit in their mothers basements getting so worked up over any little incorrect factoid that no one outside of their own little screwed up community will care about are going to complain and be horrible.

Do I sit here and critique every single photo that someone posts in a trip report? Insult them for their work? No. I appreciate the effort being put into something.

This video sold the ride just fine as to what it is. Anyone who is complaining about it, IMO, is just being a complete a$$hole and needs to go back home to mom.

Edited by robbalvey

Ugh, I'm so sick of you. Temp banned for one month. Try not being such a horrible, horrible person when your ban is lifted.

Well that didn't take long. I'll admit that (while I know nothing about No Limits), I noticed it when watching the video and was waiting to see how long it would be before some smart ass complained about it.

I mean, here you have an inverting wood coaster announced completely out of nowhere from a park chain that everyone loves in a park that just added a super cool flat ride next door to a former sh*thole that's currently investing 20 million dollars into becoming less of a sh*thole and actually being cool AND they offer a combo ticket with their other rapidly expanding and awesome park in Orlando that (by the way) also has a great wood coaster, crazy flat rides and really cheap beer. There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills. Thank god Fun Spot has cheap beer because I need it.

Edit: And by the way, there's a really good chance that this will be the best coaster opening in America in 2017... and it's at Fun Spot... in Kissimmee. How cool is that? I'm really happy for these guys and for their local base.

Great example of how to put a lot of coaster in a small plot of land. Not a section of wasted track. Should be a great complement to White Lightning.

...and, I mean, the rendering looks fine. It's a rendering. It's a mockup. They're not gonna build a support that clobbers your face while you ride. This isn't Mount Olympus.