TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Looks like Fun Spot have invested some serious money by installing incredibly bright LED's to line the White Lightening coaster to increase visibility. Looking GREAT in my opinion

The Mako Madness video on Youtube shows they chase through a rainbow pattern, would be cool to see if they can be programmed into Red, White and Blue. That would be super awesome.

This pic was posted on Facebook by Thrillography Photos + Commentary and the lighting looks to be almost all Blue looks absolutely awesome so I'm thinking they could also be changed to red and white or red white and blue since in your pic it's rainbow colored

And sorry for the double post but Fun Spot will now be open tonight at 6PM with limited ride availability (I'd imagine some rides like the Paratrooper were taken down), $27 wristbands and select beer on top. Why oh why don't I live closer to Fun Spot?

Is the Paratrooper ride cycle even crazier than the one at Knoebels?

So much crazier. I swear it almost goes upside down. Rim driven Paratroopers for whatever reason (the ones that don't ever come down and load 2 parachutes at a time) seem slightly crazier to me but this particular one is nuts. The one at the other Fun Spot is completely average though.

• 1 month later...

Considering that the normal price of an all-day pass is $41 USD, $25 USD is a heck of a bargain. That's cheaper than three rides on the coasters priced individually.

You'll only see that price on Monday though, "cyber monday" is the last day of the US post-Thanksgiving shopping weekend.

Always stop at one of the Fun Spots while in Orlando, and especially love Fun Spot Orlando since they have "my" Wheelie!

I am heading down next weekend and am thinking about buying a season pass since they are so cheap. What are all the perks if the pass? What are "Bring a friend free months?" Someone told me if you bought a SP during their Black Friday sale which ends today you get three bring a friend free passes. Anybody know more?

Considering that the normal price of an all-day pass is $41 USD, $25 USD is a heck of a bargain. That's cheaper than three rides on the coasters priced individually.

You'll only see that price on Monday though, "cyber monday" is the last day of the US post-Thanksgiving shopping weekend.

Thanks for this, I'll be down there next year and now I'll easily ride white lighting as much as I possibly can one night lol

Is the Paratrooper ride cycle even crazier than the one at Knoebels?

So much crazier. I swear it almost goes upside down

Funny you would say that! Years ago, probably around 1987 (!!!) at a carnival in a Chicago suburb, they had a super frightening Paratrooper. It was positioned nearly hanging over a road. It went SO FAST I think we were going past 90 degrees. Then it went backwards. I've never seen anything like it since! Ah, the 80s.

Fun Spot looks like such a great place, I gotta get out there. And they will have a sky ride!? Yes please!

• 2 weeks later...

Fun Spot America is adding a new Wooden Roller Coaster for the summer 2017

KISSIMMEE, FL--(Marketwired - December 08, 2016) - Today we are excited to announce our HUGE deal with The Gravity Group, an American based company out of Cincinnati, Ohio. As part of the deal The Gravity Group will custom design a new Roller Coaster that will be built for Fun Spot America's Kissimmee,Florida location.

John Arie Jr, Fun Spot America's CEO stated, "This is HUGE news not just for us but the city of Kissimmee as this will be the only wooden roller coaster in the southeast United States that will feature a 360 degree barrel roll . This roller coaster will be completely unique and thrilling, we have worked tirelessly with the Gravity Group to design a ride that will be a must ride coaster for any thrill seeker and coaster enthusiast,definitely bucket list worthy. We are still working through the Theming,naming rights and sponsorship opportunities but with over Two million visitors to our parks each year we do expect to move forward quickly on these opportunities. This is HUGE news for all of us in this community as we all continue to raise the bar and level of expectations when guests visit our city. Let's Make America Fun Again!"

Fun Spot America will be making an investment of $6 Million dollars for this new addition.

This project will add 50 new jobs to the local economy during construction.

Fun Spot America will also add an additional 20 new full time positions once the new Roller Coaster opens in the summer of 2017.

Ride Specifications:

Track Length: 2256 feet

Lift Height: 82 feet

First Drop: 80.5 feet

Maximum Bank Angle: 115 degrees

11 different air times

Top Speed: 48.5 MPH

Fun Spot America Theme Parks are Central Florida's only family owned theme parks, with two locations Orlando and Kissimmee. John Arie, Sr., owner and founder of the Fun-n-Wheels attraction in 1978 then developed and expanded the property into Fun Spot America Theme Parks. Fun Spot America Theme Parks features unique patented multi-leveled go-kart tracks, Arcades, Roller Coasters, Family, Kiddie, and Thrill Rides. It is home to the largest arch (Orlando - 250 ft.) and tallest (Kissimmee - 300 ft.) SkyCoasters in the world. It has Orlando's only wooden roller coaster (White Lightning). Fun Spot America Theme Parks currently employs approximately 500 employees.

http://m.marketwired.com/news_room/Itemid2Release?id=11G122513-001

Screenshot_20161208-123404.thumb.jpg.7e1286f90616f5f417a9e2445fece70c.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Fun Spot, do you know that I love you? Because I love you.

Odd that this says it is going to the Kissimmee location as opposed to the Orlando location.

Kind of, but they're investing pretty heavily in that park (and in Old Town) right now so it makes sense to me. Right now the only thing drawing me to that park is the Sky Coaster but with the addition of this ride it makes that 2 park ticket much more tempting.

Was about to add a post with the YouTube video, but I saw Robb was lurking in the thread. Glad I waited.

Welp, that tears it. If I get a full-time job in Orlando I'm getting a season pass to the Fun Spot parks. Who needs Pandora when you have what looks like it could end up being one of the best wooden roller coasters in the United States?